1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Birthday Party @ an Orphanage- How to make it sp

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by anithakk, Feb 19, 2015.

1. anithakk

anithakk New IL'ite

Hi All,

I got this idea of celebrating my girls Bday in an orphange from IL. Now please guide me how to make it special

1. I thought of presenting each child a small return gift

2. Shall plan some games for the kids and all

Anything else guys

1 person likes this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OP, while the thought itself is great, I had never been in favor of celebrating birthdays at an orphanage. Maybe an old age home, yes, but not an orphanage. You are running into the risk of making the children sad by comparing themselves with your kid. Is it possible that what ever you plan on giving the children there, do so quietly without making it look like a celebration?

3. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

I agree with @ Rakhii...Kids feel they don't have anyone to celebrate their birthdays even some kids they don't know their birthdays ....So don't celebrate birthday in orphanage but go one day to orphanage with your kids and give what ever you want to give them.

sindmani likes this.
  4. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Dear OP, as @Rakhii as said Old Age Home is a good idea. It reminds me of my school days with my parents. My parents made it a point to visit Old age home on our birthday week. Because we used to celebrate with relatives/friends at home on the exact day of birthday but the week after/before sunday, we used to go there and distribute sweets or fruits or sometimes bed sheets or sweaters.

But adopting this idea is very good:thumbsup The smile, warm hug and watery eyes you will see in them are so precious hugsmiley

sindmani likes this.
  5. anithakk

anithakk New IL'ite

i too realised it and decided to just give them food and gifts quietly,i don't want any child to be hurt by my activity, i also want my children to learn to help the underpriviledged, tht is why even at home i don't treat my maid like a maid, i gve due respect so tht my kids too learn we have to treat everyone same....

Can anyone suggest hw to make the children there happy within budget, cause getting them some big presents might be difficult

6. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You can talk to the orphanage staff to get ideas. They know the kids best and they can come up with suggestions. Discuss with them budget. I know it sounds strange to reveal your budget to them, but the staff do come up with budget appropriate gift ideas.

sindmani likes this.
  7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

TAlk with the orphanage staff. some orphanages don't allow outside food at all. while there are others that allow you to serve and eat your food with them.

Every year i contribute a particular sum stating that it is for the lunch meal. i do not ask what they are going to serve, but after so many years i know that they serve good food. the best moving part from me, is them calling and wishing the kids or whoever it is on their birthdays. for diwali i ask them to add a sweet on our behalf.

so talking to the staff you can get a proper idea. infact i would say if your budget can bear it pay the school fees for a child for this year in lieu of gifts.

this is my suggestion.

sindmani, Lathasv and Rakhii like this.
  8. Henrydanyel

Henrydanyel New IL'ite

Hi Anithakk, You are thanked so special from my hearts inner. Your think is anomaly and now a days different. Not only you will feel you self but feel spread to whole orphanage. I feel so charming seeing your post. I can't turn my eyes not putting some words. God bless you. be happy in times to come.

9. pari11

pari11 Junior IL'ite

I must suggest you to provide return gifts to all kids because kids always remember the return gifts.