1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Nunu's 2nd birthday suggestion...

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by breeze01, Feb 21, 2014.

1. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi all, I need you suggestion as I am confused about what to do and how to celebrate my loves 2nd birthday... his first birthday was a blast as we celebrated it in india with all my relatives.. now we just returned from vacation and its not planned its anyways two weeks away... my main concern is I want to make every birthday of his o make it special as its holds lot of memories but my parents,my other brother wont be here as they are still on vacation so on that day we planning to celebrate at home with my other siblings and their kids... is there any other ideas/suggestions to make it more special I cant think of any ideas I don't have a clue as of now as I am trying to get back to routine after vacation...

Where to celebrate?how to celebrate? my husband doesn't want to invite any relatives because of some cold wars and also wasting money to feed rich folks..
    we actually plan to donate some thousands of rupees to some orphanage..instead of wasting it to feed rich folks... and I don't know how to proceed please pass me some ideas on that too...

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Breeze can you pull of any theme party in short time frame? I am not sure what else to do either.

3. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

just think and pass me your ideas....

4. Rakhii

How is the weather in your area? maybe a picnic?

1 person likes this.
  5. LuvLadoo35

LuvLadoo35 Gold IL'ite

hi breeze,
    I strongly support your idea of donating money. Great thinking. You can always go online and find organizations that are running shelter homes, Food banks,animal shelter,etc. or you could donate online to some org in India. I can name a few if you need.
    Coming to Birthday, just make a quick trip to Party City you will find ample decoration stuff based on any character/cartoon. I did Mickey theme party for my little Nannu on his 1st brithday. Party city was excellent we got pretty much everything there.Order Cake and food for few people that you are inviting at home. You are all set. Return gift /favor could be anything from Gift certificate ,chocolate box to tiny toys(bubbles,books,etc) @ dollar store.Also hunt amazon.Beauty is its gets delivered to your doorstep.
    Hope this helps.
    Happy 2nd Birthday to your Baby .God bless him with all the happiness and health :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

weather today is very bad... i dont know how its going to be after 2 weeks.. have to check that now and see.. keep passing your ideas...

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

you know what for my nunus first birthday too i got mickey theme.. what a coincidence..yes please some me some org to which i can donate online..my hubby doesnt want to invite any relatives i will only be left with couple of relatives and friends.thanks for the idea.... thanks for waking up my brain.. you said it so simple.....

awwwwwww thanks for your wishes... god i cant believe he is going to be big/trouble 2... already...

8. LuvLadoo35

LuvLadoo35 Gold IL'ite

Hello Breeze,

First choice is org Akshaya USA  |  Narayanan Krishnan  |  Helping the Helpless of Madurai, India .Another option would be online annadanam at shirdi or any other place of your choice.
    Felt happy to hear that you also had Mickey theme party lol ...Let me know what theme you choose for the second one...I am leaning towards Spider Man or Thomas the Train. Just buy a scene setter and few ballons that would make the house look all colorful.Also if your guest list is small just cook at home maybe Pav bhaji, chana puri, and some kind of pulav. Always buy some snacks and drinks and order a theme cake.

Good luck keep us posted on your progress.

1 person likes this.
  9. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hi luv. thanks for reply.. its much helpful...he is not into spiderman stuff yet... always into bus song (wheels on the bus).. maybe i will go to the party city this week see if there is anything related to bus.. he loves balloon so i will try to fill up the room with balloons... guest list is small i will just cook at home this time...

i will sure check this online org and see.. my husband is suggesting he want to give away some sarees to old widow ladies in his ladies along with some little financial help..and to help young people who is doing their studies upto 20 k, in his village itself... have to see how it goes.. i thought its good idea too as helping others should begin at home first right..

sure i will let post it how it turned out...

10. Rakhii

Breeze, if you are cooking at home, I have one suggestion. Look for dishes which you can freeze and then re-heat so that you can slowly start cooking a week before to make it less stressful. The one time I cooked for more than 25 people, I did the same. veggies like beans, rajma masala, dal makhni etc freeze very well. All you need to do on the day of birthday is to defrost and re-heat. It will save you a lot of headache on the day-before and on the day of the birthday.

For starters, this time we had pita chips, cheese, olives, samosas, juice and pop... All, very easy to gather with less prep-work.
    I had been meaning to write my second birthday story of my DD; will do it soon.

2 people like this.