My cutie pie "Praneel" is here!

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by mridusudha, Aug 11, 2009.

1. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Hello everybody,

My cutie pie little "Praneel" arrived on July 31st @ 2:35 AM.

Some of you were probably aware that I was past my due date of July 24th and I was supposed to be induced on July 31st @ 41 weeks. But my water broke at home on July 30th @ 9:00AM. So I took an appt. immediately at my doctor's office and they did confirm that my water broke and I was already 3cm dilated by 12 Noon and I had contractions for every 5-6 mins. They sent me straight to the hospital. Got admitted and the nurse mentioned that the on call doctor is in a surgery and he should be here soon. She told me if I want to walk then I can do so. So @ 3:00 PM DH & me started walking in the hospital corridors. But the nurse wanted to check baby's heart beat every 30-40 mins. So I kept returning to the room. By 6 PM contractions started becoming very strong.I sat in the jacuzzi tub to wase the pain from the contractions. Doctor came in checked me and said I am at 4 cm and encouraged me to walk before taking an epidural. So I kept walking until 9 PM by taking breaks in between. By 9:30 PM I was 5 cm dilated. Nurse kept asking me if I wanted to take epidural but I said "no". My doctor was very proud of me the way I was handling the pain. But at 10:00PM when they started to check baby's heart beat, they kept losing it. At times they did not find the heart beat and all of a sudden they decided to place "internal featl monitoring" on the baby's head. DH & me started to get scared and I started crying. But doctor assured me that the baby is doing fine. They did a quick ultrasound just to make sure if the baby is in the correct position (head down). They told me I couldn't walk anymore and I need to be on the bed. I was little disappointed. I was 6 cm dilated by then and I was in lot of pain. Doctor advised me to take epidural and I did. When the doctor checked me @ 12 midnight I was still 6 cm. They induced me with pitocin but my baby did not do well and within 15 mins they stopped the pitocin. Finally, the doctor told me that since it's been already 15 hrs my water broke it's not a good idea to wait anymore and decided to do a C-section. I cried but DH & me decided to go ahead whatever is best for the baby. Finally my little one was born @ 2:35 AM via C-section. He weighed 10 pounds and 2 ounces and measured 21.25 inches long. Everybody in the operating room were teasing me that I gave birth to a "toddler".:)
    We were happy with the C-section because there was no way I would have pushed a 10 pound baby!!

My baby did fine the first day but he developed some breathing issues and took him to NICU. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and was treated for 10 days in NICU until today. We just brought him home and so far he is doing good. These past 10 days have been very hard on us. We have been going back and forth to the hospital to see him twice everyday. I pumped breats milk and gave it to him.But now we are glad he is home but at the same time it's scary..

Please keep our little "Praneel" in your prayers and please bless him.

2. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mridusudha,

My heartfelt wishes for good health for your baby and may God shower your home and family, with peace and happiness.

You've endured so much of stress, labor pain + the caesarean surgery + being away from your just born for a long time. Don't worry ma .. from now only happy times for you all.
    Relax and enjoy with your baby. By the way, very unique & nice name for your son :)

Warmly,
    Grace.

3. HappyGal

HappyGal Senior IL'ite

Hi mridusudha,

Congratulations to you & your husband on the birth of your son. As the saying goes , 'All Ends Well', everything seems to have fallen in its place. Praneel will be allright & grow to be a happy young man. Take care of yourself & your baby. Best wishes.

HG

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations!God bless Praneel!

5. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Mridhu...have been waiting for this announcement...I know it was not an easy journey.But you have been rightly rewarded with Praneel.May he always be blessed.Take care...

6. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Congrats Mridhusudha !

Very happy for you and your family... take utmost care of your health. Enjoy a lot with Praneel.

7. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Congrats.I am sure praneel will be fine.Take care.

8. Harini28

Harini28 Senior IL'ite

Congratulations hun..
    Atlast ur Lo is here:)..and good that u ended up with c section. Otherwise it would've been much problematic to deliver 10 lbs baby vaginally. All ended well..
    And dont worry abt the baby's health. He willl do very perfect and is very healthy.
    To give u some strength, my paternal aunt gave birth to a baby girl this july 13th and the baby was caught with jaundice(same as her sister). So she was put under ICU for more than a week and had a total blood transformation. Her 1st daughter was also the same like this before and aunt was scared to death that time. But this time, she was not much worried that she was confident that baby will be all perfect and healthy.

I know it was little painful being away from ur son after all that big wait. But good that he is now healthy and in ur arms at home.

You will recover soon from c section and the time will fly so fast ..
    tc n my hugs to praneel:)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Congratulations Mridusudha.Was Just wondering what happened to your delivery.Take care of your health and praneel is a nice name.Best wishes to him and soon he will also get better.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hey Sudha,
    Congratulations and may GOD bless little Praneel........Wishing you and your baby all the happiness of the world.........
    Love and hugs to the baby........