Suma's adorable Peanut !

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Drpreethis, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

I dedicate this thread to Suma Sandeep, one of my closest friend who became very dear to me just after I knew she lived 5 mins by car from my place after almost 2 years of landing in the US of A :bonk !!

Big Thanks to IL !! :thumbsup

I still remember the day Suma called me one Wednesday morning at 7 am in December to let me know her pregnancy stick showed TWO DARK LINES ! I was 4 months pregnant then .. :) To top the news she shared, she said she is yet to call her mom when I asked her wether she did ! I felt good. Not because she didnt call her mom, but she thought of me to share the most precious news first ! I never told this to you, Suma, but you got me into tears that morning ! :kiss

Pregnancy is a roller coaster ride we all know.. It was for me too ! But what Suma went through was the most adventourous I must admit ! Her routine turned topsy turvy since the 9th week of her pregnancy... with lots of nausea and fatigue. She started to become weak and weaker that she ended in the emergency more than 4 times by the time she was 11 weeks. :( She went through couple of bags of IV each time that her Gynec decided to start her on that at home. Suma was tough .. she went through the pain of a permanent pick line in her arms till 16 weeks and used to take in IV twice everyday ! She got better slowly and was off it by then. She went through bouts of nausea on and off but was no more weak !

Surprisingly, she was up and running soon. We shared loads and loads of notes each time we met which was ALMOST EVERYDAY ! I sometimes used to call her and ask her whats for dinner and land at her place even if it was just Dal ! :) She nurtured me, and pampered me enough ! I wanted Suma to come out of her fatigue soon and handle herself, afterall she had a LO inside her to take care of.. We and her family used to just sit together to eat at the end of the day, even if it was just curd rice and pickle ! :)

Our babies grew together ! :) I delivered and she simply adored my son, dropped by home at the very chance she could. Got my parents at the wee hours of 1 am once I delivered. All this, while she was pregnant and tired !

She did most of the shopping for her son and I remember Sandeep telling me, " He just has to be born, we have everything ready for him !" :crazy
    We infact did a little from the shopping list together. Her legs, yeah and not just feet were swollen and still she was up and running like a deer !

I get a call yesterday at 12.45 pm while I was chatting with my mom .. I heard a very upset and choked Suma on it, All she said - Can you come over to the hospital, Preethi ? I jumped up said, Yes and kept asking what happened ? Her inlaws are here on a visit, so that her parents can drop by around her due date and after that. Suma's due is on August 30th. Her FIL took over the conversation and asked me not to worry. How couldn't I ? I hear my friend crying.. I asked him what is the matter.

" Her BP is high and the doctor feels, it is safer for the baby to be out than inside since better care can be given then " , he said. Suma was 35 weeks and I knew it meant premature. That very word must be so worrying for any of us, isnt ? I knew right away what her fears were. I got dressed left to the hospital with my hubby.

I see a tearful Suma just trying to talk to me through her eyes ! We talked heart to heart and we both knew our conversation as mommies ! Doctor walked in to tell that she may mostly have to go for a Cesearean since he was still doing sommersaults inside ! I had my son's Ped appointment yesterday and had to leave for an hour. I call Sandeep to check on them, on my way back from Ped clinic and he says, My son is out here and is SUPERB ! :) WOW ! What an amazing feeling it is.. I understood !

We went to the hospital and there he is her little Peanut, so tiny and giggling in his sleep ! Said to myself, he is one among God's best creations ! He looks like a film hero of yesteryears with long sidelocks ! :) Amazing hair and a very tall boy ! Suma went in for a scan and by the end of the day, she is a MOMMY !!

I always thought Suma was a tough woman and a fighter, I had to admit so is her son ! He simply never gave up and fought along his mommy to give her and him a new meaning in each others' lives ! Isnt this the BEST BONDING you have ever heard of ?? Atleast, it is for me ! :bowdown

Her FIL always tells me, " You are an amazing friend to her " But, I know had'nt it been for the person she is, I wouldnt have been anything close to amazing !
    I write this and my son agrees with his best giggle ! :cheers

I wish you and your lovely boy the very best in life, Suma ! He will one day prove to you that all the hardships you went through was worth and more !

God Bless and wishing you a speedy recovery !

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    2 people like this.

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow Preethi ! it really added a smile to my boring saturday !

More than the birth-story am really moved by the depth of your friendship ! Congrats to your friend Suma . And I really pray to God this moment that your friendship lasts forever and you share your Grand-child's birth stories the same way. :)

3. suria

suria Silver IL'ite

:thumbsupadorable friendship preethi..:thumbsup cheers to both of you..:cheers

congrats to suma :) and the flow you have written could feel yr frndship..keep rocking...:)

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Congrats Suma on the arrival of your bundle of joy !

Preethi, u did an awesome job narrating it. i literally had goosebumps reading it, u both share amazing chemistry."All praise be to the Almighty" for this beautiful relation u both share.

God bless both of u ! Take care

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

suma,

Congrats on your peanut. god bless both of you.

preethi, god bless that amazing chemistry between you and suma.

6. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Preethi,

Thanks for sharing the story. My hearty congratulations to Suma and her little boy. You deserve a special mention for the valuable support you gave to Suma.

7. hemadurga

hemadurga Bronze IL'ite

dear preethi,
    it is nice to read this post for 2 things

safe and happy birthing of suma..... really her determination must have taken her thro all the ups and downs... say my congrats to her for all her efforts !!

secondly, your friendship of helping each other in the far away land.....

its truly nice that you have a good frd found through IL.. wish i could also have such a personal frnd here !!:goodidea:

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suma,
    Congrats dear. :) Hope you & your LO are doing great. Recover soon!
    Take care.

Wow Preethi. Great post... Loved the narration!
    Great friendship!

9. suryayasaswini

suryayasaswini Silver IL'ite

First congrtes to suma.
    Hope both r doing good.
    Oh thats great friendship.
    I am whishing u both of have long life friendship.

10. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Congratulations to you Suma on your bundle of joy. What a fantastic friendship you both are having. May god bless you both and your friendship.
    Was in tears while reading the post Preethi. You are such a good friendship.
    Hansika