1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Alternate Cleaning agent for home

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Radhica, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I am a silent reader of this forum. I admire the ways fellow ILites keep their homes organized and clean. I learnt many tips which I use in day-to-day life. i am posting this thread as I could not find answer to this question. I hope someone can help me with this.

Recently I read an article describing the side-effects of detergent we use to wash our clothes. It said the chemicals used in detergent are not only harmful for us but also pollute the environment, beside creating scum on bathroom floor.It asked us to use soapnuts for washing clothes. I would like to know if someone has used it??? How effective it is in removing stains???

While searching on internet, i came acroos castile soap for green cleaning. Can someone suggest from where we can get it in India, specially in Bangalore.

Please help me in finding answers to these questions....

2. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

So many views and no reply?????????????????

3. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

I saw something about Krya soap made of soapnut. I have not tried though. But I use soapnut to wash my silks, which are not heavily soiled.

4. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Thanks Saheli3 for the reply. Do you use soapnut instead of drycleaning? I am wary of wearing silk sarees as after every use I have to give for drycleaning. If you have used it, then others can also use it.

lets see what others say about their views.

5. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi Pyariwaseema

Thanks for the reply... Can you tell me how you use castile soap in everyday use. Please let us know how you you make it at home so that others can get benefited with the knowledge.

6. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

my mom used pungagai (in tamil but i do not know in English ) for silk sarees. it gives lot of foaming when soaked in hot water. then the water can also be used for cleaning ordinary clothes.

lakshmi

7. velkavi

velkavi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I am using KRYA soap powder made from soap nuts in washing machine for the past one year.its completely removing the stains and its eco-friendly too.you also can try it out.

Velkavi

1 person likes this.
  8. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply velkavi and plakshmi...

velkavi, Can you tell me from where I can buy this soap powder in Bangalore?? As per your reply, it looks good. Will wait for your reply so that I can also buy it and use and also help environment.

lakshmi,
    I dont know Tamil....Are you talking about Reetha(soapnut). Its round shaped brown colour nut with a big round seed. The outer covering is used in washing by putting in hot water. It is also used in haircare(earlier people used it as shampoo).