1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Keep clothes wardrobe clean and tidy

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sita_r, May 7, 2012.

1. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

When the clothes wardrobe is freshly folded and tidied, it looks nice, but within a couple of weeks its all messed up again. Clothes coming out of the laundry go back in, new clothes taken out, and soon the wardrobe is back to its messy look.
    Can you share some tips on how to "maintain" the clothes in the wardrobe folded and clean.
    What freshner can be used in the wardrobes? i am looking for something natural than the typical "odonil".

3 people like this.

2. panidepu

panidepu Senior IL'ite

Dear Sita,

You are right. But I would like to share my tips.

Generally wardrobes attract spiders. So every Sunday, I will clean it with nice cloth. This will help to keep the spiders away.

Under the clothes, keep some naphthalene balls. They will give nice smell to clothes.I use 3-4 per rack based on its length.

Once in every three months, Remove all clothes and place them again after folding.

Below the clothes, we can keep papers. But I use old Table cloth. This will give nice look to wardrobe and also keeps dust away. When you are free you can use cloth to remove dirt on it.

I could remember famous saying. "A stitch in time saves nine". So while removing new clothes from wardrobe, I will ensure that it will not disturb other nicely folded clothes. And same is the case while keeping new clothes in.

To get rid of messy smell, I will use dhoop sticks. I will place it carefully in the robe and close doors for 10 minutes. This will give nice odour and also keeps Lizards away. Before placing clothes inside the robe, ensure that they are completely dry as that will give messy smell to the robe.

I will place all my Hubby's shirts on hanger so that he will find his needs easily. I will spray deodorant to the shirts before placing inside.

But in spring season, I really find it difficult to clean my ward robe. Very frequently, clothes become wet and give messy smell. So i will remove all clothes and keep them in Some sunny place for one day and again place them back in the robe.

hope this will help you.

Regards,

Anuradha

8 people like this.
  3. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the practical suggestions. I shall surely try them.

1 person likes this.
  4. ReenaVinod

ReenaVinod Bronze IL'ite

thanks for nice tips anuradha..

1 person likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

You can place potpourris these are fresher and close to natural smells.. you can also keep some marikozhundu if you like the smell..it definitely stays long...

if you like fresh coffee smell you can always keep a few nicely roasted coffee beans in a small container..neutralises all bad odors..so does vanilla..

when you fold and arrange the clothes, always have a systematic way of doing it.. the ones that are frequently taken out like the undergarments and kerchiefs and socks should be placed in such a way that they don't fall down and are always in the same place. knot pairs of socks so that they are never go missing.

with the dresses, always rotate the way you arrange so that some of the dresses that have not been used come to the top and the ones that have been worn more times go to the bottom..
    that way you don't have the urge to pull from the bottom..

Always re-arrange one rack at a time when you have time..so that it always remains neat.. it comes with practice and if you have kids who are always in a hurry, teach them to be patient when they take their dresses..

7 people like this.
  6. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A useful info ... thanks for sharing Anu and Shanvy....

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  7. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anu.. Very good tips.. :) am very lazy to keep my cupboard clean... :)

1 person likes this.
  8. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

Hi ladies, i have a small way to keep the wardrobe clean.. i have some plastic baskets big and small, to keep the undergarments and handkerchiefs / socks separately. Those are closed ones, and they dont look messy even if it falls inside the basket. I have saree bags to keep all the expensive salwars / sarees. Also, i knot 2 salwars / 2 kurtis / 1 saree together with a satin ribbon and keep in place. May be i would have 10 sets of knotted pairs, and i would rotate it every week. This has actually helped me in disposing off the old ones properly. For the ones that require alterations / additional purchase, I would keep it in a travel bag, so that whenever i go to the tailor/shop, i would remember to check that out.

6 people like this.
  9. brb_va

brb_va Gold IL'ite

We also have separate trays available for keeping our clothes (like our kitchen cabinet accessories) that can be pulled out, that also can be a neat way of maintaining clothes.

3 people like this.
  10. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

even my mom will keep undergarments all in one tray. blouses occupy one tray. she used to advice me also to do the same.

lakshmi

1 person likes this.