1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Used clothes,wet towels,dupattas storage --suggestions please

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by doors, May 3, 2012.

1. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

HI ALL,

I have been following IL lik crazy . For anything and everything I have a tip,suggestion ..a truely magical website i would say...from cooking to relationship to books to travel to wat not..

So I thot this would be the right place to ask my silly doubts too..

Am a working women and going by A/c car sitting in a/c office...n bangalore weather ..so salwar/any dress once used I dont feel like putting it for washing and I make it a point to use it atleast one more time .Its the same with my husband too..I dont mind repeating a dress in the same week.But the problem here is stacking the used clothes...I really dont know where I should put them before next usage..we have hooks behind every bedroom door and i feel it is always overflowing with clothes..(n i hate it like that) ..i really appreciate suggestions on how u ladies manage such things or where do you put them

n wet towels...atleast the towel which i use to wipe my wet hair..i would like to use it again after it dries...so that also gets stacked up in the verandah or will be lying in the bedroom...:(...so that calls for another tip from u guys...!!

next one is managing dupattas...am finding it so diffi to manage dupattas and if i try to pull one eveyrthng falls off..searching the right dupatta is another headache...though i keep arranging them every weekend i still end up with a mess.
    so any suggestions for these??

Admin note: Read our tips in these articles

9 Easy Home Storage Options
    5 Steps to Clear Your Home of Clutter

Clearing the Clutter: How to Use Storages Spaces Effectively
    Useful Tips for Home Cleaning and Organizing

2. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

One solution for all is
    in the wardrobes itself you can keep separate shelf with rod with hangers for the used ones .
    Hang them to the hangers. as you are hanging them they doesnt get stacked and also it will be easy to pick the right one.Because the shelf is closed , it doesn't look untidy.

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I think you can put your duppatas in a bin/basket out side of your wardrobe! I usually hang my duppatas in my closet on the clothes rack. I like the way it looks colorful :) For wet towels, why don't you get a rod installed in the bathroom from wall to wall to hang your towels? I think you can do the same thing in your bedroom also and simply hang your clothes on a hanger on this rod neatly. I know it might look bad having a rod in the bedroom, but I feel it is better than having clothes all over and it helps keep organized. If you get an organizer like this, it is the best! You can even set your duppata basket at the bottom!

[​IMG]

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

doors,

for the wet towels how about having one towel rack (expandable,) in the bathroom.. but if they are wet, i prefer to just rinse and dry them in the wm a quickwash..that way the wet towels do not smell..

for the dresses, i allow them to be in the open hangers/hooks for a day, then neatly hang them in the closet.. if there is space..or allocate a space for resuable dresses..keep them there..(remember even if you are in the ac, use perfume, and do not sweat profusely, there will be that used smell..) leaving it to air-dry for a day is better.
    wall towel rack selections | Building Designs and Furniture

regarding dupattas, have you checked out tie hangers..they could be choice.. i recently bought a stole organiser hanger from home centre for my daughter, you can use it only for those silky or scarfs that can fit into those holes.. i will post a picture when i can..

something like these..
    http://hanger-star.en.hisupplier.com/product-43554-Tie-Hangers.html
    Luxury Tie Rack - order online

2 people like this.
  5. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

hey THanks a lot srama n anvitha for ur suggestions..!!

@anvitha..when i keep the used clothes inside wardrobes it creates a moist damping smell/atmosphere ..affecting other clothes n things in the wardrobe..thts why i shifted to hooks behind doors..

@srama..
    bin/basket sounds lik a nice idea..should find out a nice basket...
    hey even i hang the dupattas in the rod inside wardrobe..but the thing is..if i have to pull one dupatta out..atleast 10 of them fall down :(..no matter how careful i try to pull..
    thts when i got very fed up...wondering how ppl manage so many clothes..

6. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@shanvy...wow..!! i dint know anything about these hangers till now...will defntly chk that out in the shops right away...(see this is why i come to IL...)

yes as u said..i should maybe keep the used clothes out for a day and them put thme back in wardrobe rods...will try following that..

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

doors these hangers are now easily available in indian markets.. and here is the tie hanger a very simple one..i went for this model because my dh has a way of pulling out ties when he is in a hurry and the rest fall down..in this, there is a depth to each individual hook that the other ties don't slide out easily.
    IMG_4518.JPG
    the next picture is of the stole hanger

Attached Files:

9 people like this.
  8. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Like the ILs have suggested, hang the duppatas in hangers in a line.

And for the used clothes, have a seperate shelf in the wardrobe or hang them in one side inside the wardrobe. I have two wardrobes and so use one for used clothes and the other for hanging the fresh ones.

Towels can hang in the verandah and you can take them when required.

9. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Shanvy, Can you please mention the name and area of the shops?

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

latha i picked it in homecentre