1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Doors,

Welcome to this thread dear and thank you for such sweet words :) It is so flattering to know you had spent so much time reading my blogs :) and really glad to know you can relate to what i feel... thank you dear :)

You are right.... women are very powerful and capable.... we all just need to realize it....

Have a great day!!

2. SamidhaRS

SamidhaRS Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks for wonderful suggestions. There is a big NO for a maid in our house. but after reading this thread, I don't have any complain about my family.
    I have desided to plan my next week according to the ideas given by you super womens. I will definately post my experience. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear doors,

Welcome to this thread. When you realize your power, nothing can stop you. I wish I could have more than 24 hrs. a day. Nice of you to have given lavish praise to all of us. Of course Shanvy and Akila well deserve it. I am missing lots of reading nowadays.

Hi Akila!
    Actually I didn't have much left out to do at Pils place. My DH and sil did most of the things. As I couldn't go in the weekend I felt bad due to other commitments and went on Tuesday to do at least the left out part.

Today went to gym, spent time at parent's place with bro's family sent them off from there, came back home. DH gone to airport.

Will try to post the blouse pics stitched recently for bro's wife. She made a special phone call from The marriage hall she attended to say special thanks as everybody was all in praise of her blouses.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Aki, for your concern..Yes, I really make sure to take my 'me-time' atleast for half an hour..this is enough for me to run for the whole day :)..

Welcome Doors,Samidha...

Doors, Whenever you crib/complaint/worry about anything, have this in your memory, 'this shall too pass'..This is one of the mantras I recit, whenever I feel down..This is just one life, we have to make it meaningful..If you start love what you do, then no work will look like a burden ..Just enjoy what you do and be happy...

Samidha, great ladies here gave great tips...so just follow them..Try to do multi tasking and dont think this multitasking is a burden..whenever you do this just think 'I manage so many things at a time' and have a pat on your back..

Manjy, Like to see the blouse and I know it would be a rocking show for your SIL :)...And I too dont get time to read those beautiful snippets...Little girl caught cold but from the school not because of whitewashing...giving medicine to her...

Anitha, where is the lenthy post..?

My Update: I make sure everything is kept organized and do some arrangements then an there..Arranged the wardrobes last week one shelf per day..so now it looks neat..donno howlong it ll be like this..all in the hands of DH and DD:)..Clean counter top daily and try to keep the sink clean everynight...apart from this usual routine like cooking,hand washing(my,baby clothes),sweeping etc...

Yesterday was PIL's wedding anniversary, so made semiya kesari...Put 75th day vaccination for the little guy..he was crying a lot in the hospital and after returning home, he became a samthu paiyan(good boy)...

Kadalpura,Shara, where is the bday updates.?

Hi to all the enthu ladies....

1 person likes this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends,

This weekend was a great success in my cleaning and organizing front :)

Saturday - cleaned the shoe racks and washed all school and sports shoes, and all slippers.
    Washed and cleaned the front of the apartment with soap water, shifted all the flower pots and cleaned under them to remove mud and clogging of the water drain.
    Three loads of washing machine, washed the doormats as well.
    Cleaned bathrooms.
    Scrub cleaned stove and sink.
    Washed all combes in hot soapy water.

Baked custard biscuits, applied face pack and hairpack, gave hot oil massage and bath for the kids, made kashayam with karpuravalli (sorry - don't know the english/hindi name), pepper, ginger, and raisines for the kids, and finally went for Brave - Movie with family :)

Sunday - went for monthly grocery shopping - organized all purchases.
    Thoroughly cleaned out the TV cabinet and bookcase.
    Organized the pencils and crayons/colour pencils. Organized my DH's wardrobe.

Evening, we went to a wedding reception :)

Saturday was a bit tiring, but i felt good about finishing them all :)

6 people like this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hiya ladies,

i am doing regular chores, so no updates from me much..but i do keep track of you all here..

doors welcome, and that is too much of a ice on my head.. i have my flaws you know..

akila, you are a super lady, and glad that you had a lot of family time..don't miss out, as they grow up their priorities change, the family time reduces..

prana 75 days, time flies.. how is he..today and how is your princess..and being organized helps a lot and do have that me-time..even if it is just listening to your fav music and reading a few lines from a book..

shara how are the twins, what is the new episode at school..

kadalpura how are you doing these days

magee you shifted residence (E...R)?? how are you now.. so what is brewing in snippets..

manju, great to know that your work was talk of the wedding.. and you rock lady..

pinky how are you organized...

samidha did your weekend plans start and how is your monday.. honestly i started having a maid only three years back when i had my last surgery (the sixth one) and doctors adviced me to take it slow..it is just practice and you will become a pro who will be advising somebody else..

latha how is the course going..how is your dd faring..

anitha so mil still with you.. start organising yourself better when she is here, so that lie is easy when she leaves...how was your long weekend..

kkrish how are you ..back in us..hope the trip was great.

for the past one week, we are on discussions and meeting to get our association on...so most of the time goes there, but the +ve is our gym is up and functioning and many other facilities are up.. though not sure if i will hit the gym..

saturday was mild cleaning and de clutter. sunday, i wanted to set up the balconies a little better so cleaned. i told you all that i will upload pictures of the swing, so today finally have them..DD is swing crazy while i am crazy too but have been thinking whether i should go for one swing like chithmam or not for a long time..our hall will become crapped..but i have this craze for the fibre swing that comes in a movie called kalabha kadala, i may end up getting that in a few months once i locate the dealer and if the price is ok with me..

it has been raining, so cleaning and sprucing the balconies, getting my compost dry before it started, cleaning and wiping windchimes was another job yesterday. bought some new posts, reorganized the balcony plants...a bit..have new plants in both the balconies and planning a terrace garden soon..I only pray i have the stamina to maintain it like my earlier garden with this ever rising temperature and water shortage..

today it is monday after the weekend, so cleaning after the kids.. (suddenly my kids are feeling heat at school, being in 12th and 9th..) and have no time to keep things orderly (I tell them yet they end up making a mess) so every monday is cleaning after them without disturbing their organized clutter as they call it.

there were lots of fruits (weekend shopping) thinking the kids will have them in the weekend..but they went on a fresh corn binge..so i clearned up pome and stored it, sweet lime juice extraced and stored for evening..over riped bananas have gone into the oven as cake, fil going to visit bil, will send half of it to them..

have some more work, and i need to clear of my wool stock, as i am itching to get some new color.. (I hear you all say indulge, but honestly i have a gunnybag full of wool that is bought for some project or the other..so i have given myself a 144 until then) have some reading to finish, library books overdue..

Let me stop now or it will be a long post boring you all..

Attached Files:

7 people like this.
  7. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@akila..

Hey now thts why I call you a super duper lady...did you do all those stuff in 48 hrs...??wow..and with 2 kids at home ?..amazing i say...I took 10 mins to even read and digest what all u did..hehe...
    Hopefully I am also like you some day...

@manjukps...

waiting for your blouse pics..!!that was nice of your bros wife to call on the spot n thank you..

@prana..
    really nice to have a routine organization done..it really helps rather than procrastinating !! Kisses to the prince for being a samathu payyan..

@shanvy..
    even at 12th and 9th std...they make the house messy?? ..whoa..i thot few more years and I will be able to maintain my house spic n span...
    We bought a new house in bangalore a year back and entered the house with my 1 month old baby...so i was really not able to buy and decorate the house as i wanted( could not go out / no money because of budget :)..and now..even with the things that we at home...my little toddler messes..so we have to keep everything out of his reach and so the house is a big mess..everything is everywhere other than where it has to be..We try to hide some things from him and forget the place where we hid and start searching...huff..

ok..enough of my stories..

that was a wonderful swing...
    and you know what...I am also looking for the fibre swing...let me know if you find a dealer...
    i was literally drooling over the house that they show in kalaba kadala..(ofcourse drooling over arya too..thats a different issue ..hehe)

@anitha partha

Hey out of the box question...has your son started talking?? how many words does he speak??

my son is 15 months old and he says only amma appa thatha atha baba..bow...etc..and some babbling here n there...no big words...
    I know i have many forums to refer to..but I really want to ask you guys...is he on right track or not???

shanvy....i read somewhere in your blog your son also started talking late...please throw some light on that..and what steps you took to make him spill out words..

on the cleaning front,

I cleaned all the taps and wash basins in the weekend...the taps are sparkling since i removed all the salt deposits..
    I also cleaned the wooden laminate doors and mirrors

8. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hello friends,

Back from a short vacation of 15 days to chennai. Had a hectic schedule of visiting relatives, went to tirupathi, naming ceremony of my brother's daughter, house-warming ceremony (our house) and so many other things too.

settling the house, need to go to the market for vegetables and other stuff. It is raining continuously.

@shanvy mam, kids are fine, they are not ready to go to school after vacation. Elder one's teacher had also changed. More worried for tomorrow, how they will go to school?

@Prana, good that your whitewashing is over. hugs to your little ones. Birthday went on well.

@ akila, great schedule followed by you, and you are really motivating everyone.

@ anitha, how are you?

@manju mam, you are really busy with your guests. Do post the pictures of the blouses

Doors and Samidha welcome to this forum. Amazed to see your schedules. You will get great tips in this forum

will come up with more updates later

shara

1 person likes this.
  9. karanu

karanu Gold IL'ite

@Akila, thanks for the warm welcome. Reading your updates, I'm motivated to keep my home clean and organized. I'm taking small baby steps everyday. Last few days, these are the tasks I completed, apart from regular cooking and household chores

Cleared out DD's clothes and cotton nappies from the wardrobe, that no longer fit her. Put them in 2 carton boxes and asked DH to keep them inside the loft.
    Changed bedsheets in the cots of both rooms. Usually, I ask DH to do this work since the beds are quite heavy for me to lift them but this time, I decided to do it myself.
    Cleared a laundry basket, got it well cleaned and made it as a basket for DD's toys. Now I make it a point every night to put all the toys spread everywhere in the living room into this basket.

1 person likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

karanu i missed you..great way of doing things..

doors i did not mean messy as in small kids..they have organized mess.. they have too many books lying on the tables, sofas and also on their bed.. the mess is only that, and to make things clean..nothing like what you imagine..atleast my kids mess is only this and i am sure others will not take this into the mess spectrum..

I know but i am slowly making things happen, right now.. i have kind of zoned in on a dealer..let me see the rates and logistics, then will share..

my ds, we used to talk to him, motivate him to talk..and nothing more..

shara congrats on your housewarming..do post pics or share the album..