1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

sorry, did not log in to IL for a long time with lot of work pressure..
    changed my office timings from 7 am - 4pm.. let's see how i do things in this new schedule..
    will try to post more frequently

2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

hi Akila,
    we already know each other in facial thread & diet thread. Now, here in time management.

Magee,
    unpacking done? we've also moved to new place & now it is been 3weeks since we're here.. settled to some extend and going good.

shanvy, kamala mam,
    how are you all doing?

3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Samidha,

Oh my god.. Are you doing this much of work daily by going to work also?
    I couldnt just believe it. How old is your MIL?
    Why dnt you hire a maid or someone to help you??

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Samidha,

Its ok to be a little slow with cooking dear... the speed with come with time. Don't worry about it too much dear. You don't need to wake up earlier than 5:30... this itself is time enough to complete your morning chores and remember you too need to rest well to be able to work more. So have a good nights sleep.

Cooking: Shanthi's suggestions are great:thumbsup... try to follow them. Also while all your stove burners are engaged, try to wash off the vessels so you will save time there. Try simple reciepies like shanthi has suggested during weekdays, and make light breakfast. For me idli/dosa, upma, ragi/oats kangi (porridge), and french toasts are easy light breakfasts. Make a list of easy breakfast recipies and alternate between them during weekdays.

Bathrooms: If your MIL insists on washing the bathroom everyday, then do a light clean before bath, and you can do a thorough clean during weekend.

Mopping: Seriously, I don't understand mopping a house twice a day when the only person at home during the day is your aged MIL. Try reasoning with her/your DH about this:spin. Getting a maid would be a great idea.

For folding washed clothes, you can ask your MIL or DH to do them when they are watching TV and waiting for their dinner. Again while making dinner, try washing the vessels simultaneously. So you will only have fewer things to wash after dinner.

I feel you are doing way too much and are getting exhausted by the end of the day.... don't take on so much... you deserve to relax and have time for yourself also:coffee. Take care:).

2 people like this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Samidha RS,

Akila and Shanvy have given you some suggestions. as a working woman, you make your husband understand your toiling of doing all the chores in the morning. you start doing which is comfortable to you. Slowly they will also get into the stream by seeing how things go smooth inthe morning. Hugh I have maid to sweep and mop, I have asked her to sweep everyday and mop only twice a week that too ground floor on tuesdays and Wednesdays, 1st floor on Monday and wed / or Thursday. I feel bad on my part to make her do everyday as it will make her physically tired. somedays even if she skips, I don't ask her.

Welcome Karanu,

Kitchen counter willbe neat only if it has the necessary items. You can see my kitchen photos in this same thread, My counter has only stove, induction, coffee filter, and mixie. You can have a small shelf right near the counter from where you can fetch sugar, salt, dhalls, tamarind etc for constant use. look at Kamala's and Shanvy's pictures. Their way of arrangement will really motivate you. But with 10 months old baby dont't strain too much. Life long wenare going to di this organizing, dont miss her baby steps.

Was held up in so many activities last week and till yesterday. Driving with my bro's family for shopping. DH went out of station for two days last week, then in weekend he was with PILs to help them shift. My sil was also there to help my mil. I stayed back because of my kids schedules. Utilized the time to have hair packs. As I have early grey I used color regularly. One of my friends suggested the product VCare which is purely herbal - no chemicals. But it has to be applied in two steps. So on sat I applied the first one which smelt like henna. Then on Sunday the second pack to blacken the hair. As it was long time since I applied henna I got bit affected by sinus. But took steam on both days to minimize the trouble. Still I have sour throat. Though it is better to dry the hair naturally, I always use dryer, otherwise I get severe headache / migraine. Yesterday went to Pils to help them clear the clutters, sorted out the wastes as well as to be taken by waste paper vendor. Threw most of plastic covers, retained only few shopper's bag and few small cloth bags. It is all set now. Around first they will be coming here, stay for a week, then go there to receive my next bil coming from US. Then all will be coming here around 15 th to do avani avittam on 17th, (this time at home), stay here for a while, dont know further programs. Anyway my bil will leave to Bangalore to attend office here and my co-sis to her mom's place during that time. They will be here for6 weeks I think. In this 2012 all my 3 bils, my 2 bros have visited from US. My bro is leaving tonight.

As far the facial, it skin brightening clean-up. It costed rs.400/-. I did it in the parlor attached with my gym. As this was first time I did there I just wanted to try the simple one. Then did full arms waxing for Rs.150, eyebrow trimming Rs.25. Otherwise I do waxing with Veet strips, which is very simple to do it at home. All these became very irregular after I left my job. Still I indulge going to parlour once in a while for self motivation. Otherwise I do facial, waxing, coloring all by self.

Prana, it is great of you to do whitewashing with little one. Hope both of them are fine without any allergies.

Dear Kamala and Viji aunty we miss you here.

Hope to get more time in IL after everybody leaves. I am not at all reading other forums. I must have missed a lot of wonderful snippets.

HAPPY ONAM TO ALL OF YOU

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  6. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@samidha..

wow..!!if i could only manage and do half of what you are doing..i would consider myself super woman and pat my back everyday.. really great...if not your MIL..your husband should definitely come to the rescue ...at least some small things..

@akila...
    Hey you know what...I really admire the way you have managed kids family n house together..
    I read your blogs...(read all your blogs at one go..one day..ALL)..I was so impressed and could relate to most of the things that you felt and wrote.
    Hats off to you women...You guys really encourage us..
    You have been blessed with lovely kids n wonderful husband..

@shanvy
    I have become a big fan of you...read many of your suggestions and posts in many of the forums that I visit..really very useful and very true(from the heart)..from managing a hyperactive son in the past to your teenage daughters emotional spikes to having a long distance relationship and managing the house spic and span to taking care of all the finance/health/food etc..
    Super duper shanvy :)

And I have also been reading blogs/posts of manjukps/iyverji/kkrish/anitha partha

and prana for single handle managing a small baby and a toddler.

When I see you guys I am just doing nothing...

I have a toddler at home and a cook and a maid and a wonderful MIL to take care of my son and I also go for work. I still crib sometimes and get tired running around.
    I have decided not to complain/crib again, if you all are doing it so well why cant I..why shouldn't I.

No complaints from now on...

I read a blog from akila on awesomeness,Its very true
    I have been missing out many awesome moments of my life complaining and cribbing and on self sympathy. I am putting a full stop to it..

Thanks ladies..
    From my heart..thank you all for showing me what life is..
    Women is more powerful than any being on earth..and she is capable of doing anything..emotionally/physically/financially/emotionally..

Love you all.

( I have been silently going through all the posts and blogs , I really wanted to write it down today..)

I will actively participate and get ideas from now...

Thanks again..

5 people like this.
  7. AkilaMani

Hi Prana,

Great to know the whitewashing is over and things are organized. Don't strain yourself too much dear... your health is very important to care for your family... so do ensure that you too get enough restChillout!

Have a great day :)

1 person likes this.
  8. AkilaMani

:) thanks.... but you along with all the wonderful women here are my inspiration.... i really admire you for your great housekeeping, great workouts, lovely craftworks, sane counsels, and wonderful snippets!!:hatsoff to you.

9. AkilaMani

Hi Anitha,

Great to see you here too.... glad to know you have finally settled into the new house and the new routine :)

10. AkilaMani

Hi Manju,

You seem to be having a hectic schedule recently and you are managing beautifully :thumbsup

Though we do home care for face, it always is great to have a facial done at a parlour.... it is relaxing and i totally enjoy it... glad to know you had one done recently. How is this hair pack you applied?

You seem to have organized your PILs place well as well!! great going :)