1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Bhuvi,

Possible go for a walk after dinner, which will be good to health. hope you are utilising your time correctly.

Keep on posting daily activities regularly...

2. harinikanthi

harinikanthi Silver IL'ite

hi to all ,this thread is interesting. as i am new to il just checking every forum. my routine is, wake up at 6am even though set the alarm for 5.30am . prepare breakfast for my husband who starts at 6.45a.m.
    then prepare lunch for my daughter.then bf for her at 8a.m. Sweeping the floors. Then do bf for my inlaws and for me. then wash my clothes.Prepare lunch for us.all this comes to an end at 12.00pm .by the time i will be tired and want to take rest. then how will i clean my house? afternoon i spend reading magazines and browse and definitely will not take the cleaning work. At 4 pm tea time. after that snacks time. make sundals or something.then start dinner preparation. ayyo quite boring routine for me.please suggest me some exercises . i dont have tread mill or anything like that.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Nothing change in my usual routine. yesterday i learned chicken gravey cooking. walking took 1 hour and completed all the work and went to be at 10.30. Half and hour delay:-(

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Buvana, initially it ll be like this..By practice,everything ll be on track..So keep going...

Shara,How are your kids.?..Dont worry, they ll be fine..

Harini, search in google..you would get loads of ex patterns..In IL , in fitness sectoins out ilites give lots of good threads about ex..just go through it....

Hi girls, how ar eyou all...?

For Aadi 1, we used to toast(sududhal) coconut with some stuffing inside..After filling two coconuts , I had some extra pooranam(stuffings)..so the next day, I made kozhukattai with this is as a stuffing..the taste was very good..I enjoyed it...

Other than this, just usual routine for me...

Take care guys...

5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Hopefully and Harinikanthi.

Dear Hopefully, I have not gone through your marriage forum. Good you have come out of it to peep in here. there are lot of other forums which gives very positive motivation.

Dear Harinikanthi,

I understand the responsibilities of joint family. I have very orthodox pils.

Between 12 to 4 you allot your time for doing various things. Initially cleaning takes more time, but when you start maintaining it becomes easier. May be for initial 2 weeks divide your home into zones and take up one zone per day. Once cleaned, the impression of that zone will give you motivation. During 4 hours, initially take 2 hours everyday of alternative day for cleaning, one hour rest meaning reading, browsing etc. 1 hour your choice of like sleeping or seeing tvor exercising at least on alternate days etc. As I always follow try to do multitasking, while seeing tv, fold clothes. Take up one cup board for 2 days. Then while doing other zones, don't forget to maintain. Initially everybody may not follow maintaining. But on your persistence of keeping the house clean by yourself, slowly everybody will get into it. Don't postpone doing things.

My son's cupboard is such a mess now. But I am going to take it up only after 1st week of August, till then I am really busy preparing for exam, varalakshmi nonbu, my bils family, bros family visit etc.

Hi Prana, Nice you were able to do things on your own, making kozhakattai etc with kutti paapa.

Hi Pinky

Hi Shara, Sure they will be ok. I am yet to read your snippet.

Hi Kamala Hope you are doing great.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning USA, Good evening India, Australia - hello to all.
    Last week was a very productive week overall where my plans were concerned.

It is very hot here; despite that, two days instead of taking the car to other buildings for meetings i walked. Felt good with all that hot sun beating on me. Only I was sweating - so I had to splash cold water on my face and neck and arms to cool down before entering the rooms.
    I am planning to keep an extra Jean-Nate after bath spray in my handbag - it smells wonderful and cool.

Cooking - nothing unusual - the routine for b'fast, lunch and dinner. As it is just the two of us now my cooking is very simple fare and mostly predictable too :).

Cleaning and Exercise - Last week this combined with cleaning the yard.
    After work on Monday I first did edging of the front yard. Ours being a corner lot this took me two hours to complete it and give a trimmed look this was from 6-8:30 pm.
    After a hot shower I could only eat something very light so just had some salad and a glass of hot milk.

By Tuesday evening I could not move - so took the evening off and just ironed some work clothes and attched a fall to a saree.

Wednesday - I mowed the entire yard and did edging of the back yard - The whole yard looks af if it went to the barber's - you know, neat and trimmed. Went to bed very tired but feeling complete.

Thursday my husband told me to take it easy - so we watched some serials that we had recorded the past three days.

Yesterday - Friday - my younger son had the day off and said he is tired of eating outside and so drove home for the weekend.

It was a milestone and another bitter-sweet moment in life - my little baby boy suddenly a young man driving all alone (3.5 hours) for the first time - proud with a twinge of sadness at how quickly the children grow up.

Last evening I was very sad at the mindless shootings in the Colorado theater. Really, really upset. My heart goes out to the families who have lost loved ones.

Today I am going to be busy cooking some meals for sonny to take with him.
    We have scheduled winter-break for some serious cooking lessons.

At work the pressure is mounting with so many things to take care of every day. For every job I complete there are two or three come up fresh...and I have the regular work to do. Am working extra hours and for the next next few weekends I plan to put in a few more hours of work from home.

Oh BTW i lost the extra 4lbs I had accumulated a couple of weeks ago. Good!! But where my overall weight is concerned I have a lonnng way to go! Will keep working at it...may not reach my ideal weight for two three years ..yep, that's how heavy I am :)

Manju --wishing you all the best for your exams.

Magee, Prana, Shanvy, Pinky, Bhuvivishal, Ravs, Chitirainilavu, Latha, Anitha,

Kadalpura, Kavitha, lifeisajourney, vidhsn, vijiakka, vidhya, shettyvanshudha,

luv2smile and others I might have missed ...nice to read your updates.

Hopefully, Harinikanthi ...welcome to the thread.

Harinikanthi ..as Manju has replied - the time between 12-4 is the best time for you to clean.

I was going to suggest you start with Thursday afternoons only for about 1-2 hours cleaning your pooja room/shelf and items. Slowly add other days for just 1-2 hours. that should do. Fridays give yourself off.

I have also posted some exercises in the beginning of this thread that does not need any equipment. In addition walking, climbing stairs will help. SRama has started "yoga anyone?" thread.
    There are so many in the fitness forum. Hope you find some that suits you.

Take care all...till next weekend.

6 people like this.
  7. kalpana21286

kalpana21286 Senior IL'ite

Good evening to all
    I have been a regular reader of this thread... I am very surprised to see every one completing so many tasks in so little time...U all rock keep going

8. kalpana21286

kalpana21286 Senior IL'ite

This is how my day went
    As today was my husbands weekly off I could sleep till 7:30.
    Played with my DD(5 months old) till 8.
    did all breakfast preparation work and coffee while water was heating
    took bath and prepared breakfast... by the time we had finished breakfast it was 10 am.

later did some cleaning work, washing clothes.
    After finishing lunch cleaned the fridge... need to start prep for dinner at 8 pm

Will be visiting relatives place tomorrow so no plans of cooking or cleaning :D

1 person likes this.
  9. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Shara, Magee,

When me & my DH used to be in Chennai(memorable days) every week Friday night show is must for us. We always go to Satyam Theatres. We enjoyed each & every moment over there. Later, we came to USA. Recently, when we visited India after 4yrs, we left my son at my in laws place and we visited chennai for a personal work. We went to Satyam to watch Kalughu. Satyam rocks!!!!

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    How are you all doing?
    I've been busy in other threads.
    No much updates from my side.
    This week, we all will be involved in packing works. No more excuses to be idle now. I stopped my gym membership over here.

Catch you all after my move. I'll update you all how it went..