1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

anitha, i mean i clean the lamps and god phots after my periods(5th or 6th day) and not during periods......

2. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

yesterday cleaned my kids bed room.........
    today did 30 minutes of yoga, and thinking of cleaning the fridge......

3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I managed my time well today.

8-5pm office

6-7pm gym

I did the following:
    Tread mill - Inclination - 40mins
    Tread mill - running on normal mode - 10mins
    Tread mill - walking - in total, burnt 300calories

cycling(similar to the one which we do for boat riding), pedeling ex - burnt 100 calories today

Food diet(I was perfect today)
    Break fast - 2 bread toast with coriander chutney inside
    Lunch - 3 roti
    eve - grapes
    drank more water in between
    Dinner - dosa/apple milk shake

Catch you all tomorrow with more updates.

Cleaning & packing things are in slow pace.

1 person likes this.
  4. AnithaPartha

hahhaha, Pinky.. I was telling about my cleaning routine. I said, during period days my MIL helps me to keep GOD area clean. After periods, I do that regularly..

Ladies,
    Here in USA, we get flower sets(real) for $6 & red roses seems to be very expensive($12).. Do you decorate GOD with flowers daily? During pooja season, I buy flowers & decorate GOD. IN INdia, we used to have trees in our complex, we can pluck and use it for pooja. But, here it is very difficult. Eveything is so expensive here & I don't like to keep artificial flowers to GOD.

5. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi pinky/ anitha,

Call me shara itself, i wanted to keep my username poetic so it is 'chithirainilavu.

Reg. pooja vessels - as viji mam said, i don't wash the diyas on tuesdays and fridays. And during periods my DH will take care of all these. The vessels which i wash daily are like i have small bowls like for keeping raw rice for goddess annapoorani, aval (rice flakes( for lord krishna, kalkandu (sugar candy), boiled milk with kalkandu, fresh milk for his ahisekham, water. All these are in brass and silver. I use pithambari powder for brass vessels and soap for silver vessels. His pooja will go for an hour or so in the morning and half-an hour in the evening.

It is a hectic day with both my cute girls, but pinky i really enjoy, in between i get tensed the way they do their mischiefs but all these r bearable than the pain and worries i had undergone before i conceived them. ( i conceived after a long 6 and half years of my marriage).

I plan to do my workouts and go for walks, just waiting for their school to re-open

shara

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

My pc was not behaving well, so yesterday was dismantling, vaccuum and reassembling..found out one of the boards was loose... so here i am back..

On that topic of video games, kamala i like to leave it to each his, and i do have an inkling where the pm came from.. i do not advocate no games for others' kids.but what i really get irritated is situations like this..we have a mixed group of people in the apartments some of them can afford psp and other can/may not..the one who has goes about bringing the box to every house he visits,and i hear the kids who do not have asking him for a chance and it really makes me feel bad for that kid.(this is where the parents should understand and ask the child to keep it at home..). it is just that my kids do not own a psp, xbox or anything, but they do play games online (my son is a cricket fanatic and soccer lover, so even online it is cricket or soccer) and you will laugh if i say the game my daughter playes it is bejewelled or tiles..... so it is again about each family's comfort zone and each child's temperaments...what works for me may not work for other...t. and on sunday, there was this article in the magazine that talked about the growing crimes, and there was a incident where a teen boy killed his grandmother for the money to buy a game for the psp (seriously i did not know, until my son came and hugged me and showed me this..he went on to tell, me though i am not violent, i understand why you always told us to choose if i needed one..yes i used to give them the choice-believe me that gave me a real sigh of relief from the feeling am i wrong or right)
    I believe parenting is an art, and each child is a masterpiece in his own right..and no two masterpieces can be exact. and that does not mean i don't admire yours..sabitha, sundarusha for your parenting skills.

.(Now i hope saby does not come in to tell me shanvy let us take this discussion out of here...)

manju, wow, you had a wonderful schedule.. your son's school starts at 6.30?? or he has to travel so much...

Pinky loved your arrangement.. seeing your boxes, i feel i have too many stuff, in the name of groceries.. will ask dd to click.and loved your ME time..

Shara, nice to read your schedule..it is definitely very demanding..do smell the roses when you have the time..

prana, thanks for the likes, and my son is 14 and my daughter is 17..son is in 9th standard and daughter is in 12th,both are north and south poles betraying the principles of the poles attact each other at times..(I mean their verbal wars)

Anitha, glad that everything went well..and no that money plant, there will be no worms if you keep changing the water.. i have one in my kitchen..and i did post the picture here.http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...cooking-cleaning-exercise-32.html#post2288795 and i have one in the foyer, few in hanging baskets in the balcony..whether they bring money i do not have any idea, but i love to see them, they bring a positiveness around...

thinking of baking some choco muffins today for the kids snack time..both the kids have left for school, with their lunches..

today a bit of cleaning the toilets, a little crochet, little reading, a lot of walk and some il is the plan...so off for the day..

3 people like this.
  7. AnithaPartha

Shara,

I really liked 'chithirainilavu'... ;) There is one famous old song in tamil too by this word.

Wow, you keep this many things & also do milk pooja. Great.
    When I visited India in March(after 4yrs), we went to Guruvayoor for thulaparam. I got a nice kingini mani there. I always like to use bell during pooja(I say some manthrams like baby/health/wealth etc etc). My mIL always keeps apple in front of GOD. I don't have much knowledge what all we should keep & what we should not. I realy liked your milk pooja idea. But you manage that? I mean at temples, I have seen pal/ghee abhishekam for GOD. How to do at home?

I just read all your post to my MIL. She said, at her place in india she keeps all the above said. I told her, once we move to new apartment, we'll keep it like.. She said ok.. Right now, we're all busy packing things to move to another place.

Good, you enjoy your kids naughtyness. Yes, I too do it. I got pregnant and i had a normal delivery too. But my son was a premmie. Now, he is perfectly grown & looks like a non premmie now. So, I always enjoy his mischiefs at home. I feel bad whenever I beat him when he increases my anger. Kids are always bringing joy to us. After my office, I go to gym.. I used to think about my son in gym. After coming home, I hide myself back of the door, and i call his name.. where ever he is, he will come running to hug me.. this cannot equal to anything in the world..

1 person likes this.
  8. AnithaPartha

Shanvy,

Agreed. Whether it gives money or not. I love to keep plants, Yes, they show some positiveness. Good luck growing them. Yes, I saw your pictures too..

Between, what happened to your PC?

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Anitha, the RAM board had got loose..it was making some noise and the video output was going on and off.. i wanted to check it myself before i went to call my systems guy.. so opened the cpu, cleaned the fan everything and found the board loose...

Don't attempt unless you have exposure and experience it this..

1 person likes this.
  10. anjish

anjish Silver IL'ite

thank you Anitha
    nowadays i am trying to follow the flylady