1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhargs,

My 2 cents...I used to wash curry leaves, corriander leaves soon after I buy it, then dry for sometime and keep it in air tight container.Sometimes I dont wash them , just keep them in the container, and wash it whenever I use.

1 person likes this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala,

I use paint.net. Vani mam suggested this. As Prana told MS paint is also good. Otherwise hope you had a great long weekend.

Sorry friends. Past few days I am too tired because of heat and I had to be on my heels to spend time with kids as it is holiday for my DS too. Also both my PILs have some ailments, so bit busy looking after them also. Otherwise managing. Stitched a salwar for me and Apoorva silk paavadai and blouse for DD.

Last Sunday attended the embroidery class. Was very useful to have a start. Trying one of them in newly stitched salwar. Yet to measure my shoe rack.

Today I have to pack our suitcases as we are leaving to B'lore/ puttaparthi on Sunday and will be back on next Saturday. Attending my chithappa's 60th birthday celebrations on 31st at Bangalore. My bil with family are coming from US on 2nd here. So I will able to just peep in here, but I think will be able to post only by 1st week of June. Have great days ahead.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

just a word of caution to people who are in areas with powercuts, plan what you freeze and refigerate accoriding to your power cuts.. with the 2/4/8 hours power cuts, the wonderful freezer tips from kamala will not be applicable..

prana,
    the excess coriander/mint/curry leaves can be cleaned, pat dry and spread on a plate, or put in those fridge netted storage bags, and kept in the chiller compartment of your fridge..within a week you have well dried leaves..crush them with hand/just run in your mixie..store them in bottles..or ziplock bags..they come in handy when you don't have fresh ones.. if you do not have the patience to dry them this way or do not have the space..mw on high for 2 minutes stand them for 10 minutes and crush..but i prefer the natural way..

i am really impressed by the way this thread is motivating a lot of people into practically managing their homes, more so because it is one of us...great way to go manju and kkrish.. i admire both your ways..

2 people like this.
  4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Have a NIce time Manju!!Happy and safe journey...

Btw, Dont forget to post the picture of salwar once u return :)....

1 person likes this.
  5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Shanthi mam, for such a nice tip...
    I dont have MW...so I try with the first one....Yes, surely it would be very handy...

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Hi Dearies

Krish your fridge is looking super and your tips are also superb. Happy Journey to you , thought I am late to wish
    You must be getting vikkal now as I am thinking of yu

Latha and Prana nice to read about your trips

Bhargavi dear nice to hear about your time management tips

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Luv2smile dear how are you

Manju dear so you are going to be busy now. Take care and all the best. Advance birthday wishes to your Chittappa. Waiting to see your Salwar and pavadai.

Sita glad to see you here

Hi to all others

8. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hello friends, how are you all doing ? no big change in my schedule. Just busy with my ususal routine...nothing special to write about...on cleaning front, my house is getting cleaned and getting dirty every day...I am doing whatever i can. today we cleaned up our yard. It's very nice and inviting. House is ofcourse messy with things lying around. I am doing my best.

Hope everybody are enjoying your weekend well.

9. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manju
    Have fun buddy....and dress to kill.....as admirers fall one by one I will sent in the ambulance !
    Hi Kkrish
    Been really busy...will get wilder for some more days.. Will be back soon with some wild stories! My director is gone crazy...I suspect his wife/wives/girl friend/girlfriends.......(.either of the choices or all of the choices)....beats him up black and blue.....and he comes to work and makes us all insane......may be she treats him like a closet and he takes eternal revenge on all women-kind.
    Bhargavi
    Busy as well?
    Vijima, prana and all my friends.
    All good?
    Mega

2 people like this.
  10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,
    How are you all doing? How is long weekend moving? Lot of post to catch up..

My updates:

We'll be soon doing the packing work.. as we're moving to a different apartment. I'll be soon involving in trashing things & packing things etc etc.. So, decided not to clean up anything as the apartment was already dirty by default when we moved in. MIL is the only person taking care of my son at home. And me after work, getting too tired after a long day. So, no cleaning for next couple of weeks :rotfl

Once, I move in, then I really need Kamala mam's input in arranging/decorating my new home. I need to manage time well to do my office work+ arranging + sending kid to new school over there.

Please ladies, throw in your inputs like how & where to start my packing. First, of all am planning on to clean things which needs to be trashed to free up my home :bonk

Ensoy the rest of the week :)

1 person likes this.