1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

manju, congrats on starting to walk, its very refreshing

1 person likes this.
  2. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamala Ma'am,

Congratulations on this thread first anniversary

Dear Manju Ma'am,
    I like your updates on your family get togetherness and nice dishes

Dear Akila Ma'am,
    Iam really surprised the way you do so many things in less time .Thanks for your motivating words.
    Nice tip on cleaning windows ,I shall implement them

Dear Abigail,

Gloomy phases occur to me quite often ,but these days Iam trying to accept the ups and downs as quite normal things in our routine,so they bother me now but lesser than before

Thanks for your soothing words

Dear SoundVijay,
    Glad you are on your track now.May God bless you and your family with more peace

Dear Doors,

I like your system of Toy rotation and I implemented it few weeks back .It is great ,now my kids are enjoying the toys more

Dear Gayathriram,

Your countertops are very clean with no clutter,I try to put one or two items ,but it is unbelievable the clutter piles up super fast

Dear Gae and Shalu , your updates are great.

5 people like this.
  3. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

My updates for today

I pressure washed the porch as the kids messed up with sand and their sand toys and other toys.cleaned the sand box and the little kids pool ,found some bugs under ,killed them.cleaned the yard tools which my DH left outside.
    Watered the plants .My little one helped with a small watering can.

Removed the shoes from the porch and the dirt from the little greenhouses that I recycled from the shoe boxes and the old cake pans.

Now it looks clean and smells fresh.

Next I started working on dusting the blinds with a multipurpose duster.It was really helpful.Took almost 10 mins to dust the downstairs rooms and 5 min to dust the upstairs rooms as there was little dust

Read a story to my little one and made her nap.

Alright Ladies,time to pick my older one from school

6 people like this.
  4. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

4/22:

Went grocery shopping and bought few things I had postponed to buy since few weeks. Felt good
    Folded 1 load of laundry
    Prepared Dinner ragi rotti

2 people like this.
  5. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Wow! Kamala, one year has gone super fast. This thread has helped me a lot. Nowadays my short temper is much under control, just because I find genuine friends here motivating each other and my expectation of recognition from family members have come down. Learnt not to procrastinate. Has made me analyze better perform better manage better.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF US AND SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMALA FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.

Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.
  6. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

Yayy!! Congratulations and celebrations ...for the first anniv..:)

Hugs to all the members who contribute and read. There has been immense changes in my life physically mentally emotionally after reading through the posts and day to day routines of you all.
    Thanks for being there and
    Thanks to Kamala mam for starting the beautiful thread.

3 people like this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Re: Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise - Meal Planning Revisited

Dear dearies!
    Thank you all for the wonderful words!
    I am so happy that this thread has had positive impact on so many of you.
    For me also reading your updates and how all of you manage your days helps get back to routine whenever I am on the brink of self-pity.

I pray to God that he blesses each and everyone of you and your families. May our camaraderie continue for many more years....
    Dear Manju
    Yes, your suggestion for changing the sambar-usili menu is well taken. However, i made vatha kuzhambu last week; we both don't like mr kuzhambu for white rice (only with variety rice :)) So, the menu has been tweaked a bit.

Tuesday - Brinjal kuzhambu w/fresh ground masala(sour and spicy) - greens with moong dhal (bland)
    Wednesday - Sambar with sambar powder - Cabbage kari
    Thursday - Tomato kuzhambu (sour and spicy)- Banana flower usili (not sour)
    Friday - Drumstick Samabar with freshly ground masala(araithu vitta) - kovakkai kari, coclacasia (taro, sembu) roast.
    Just now my hubby announced that he was going to have just fruits for lunch.
    So I will have the planned lunch for dinner. and will make some curd rice just in case he is hungry and wants some rice.

Monday was a breeze...
    Because I had already a plan I did not waste time in front of a open fridge wondering what to cook (time saved 15 minutes)
    As the dhal and tamarind extract were ready all I did was ad this and that and fiinished the cooking (time saved - 15 minutes).
    Yes...a solid 30 minutes saved...

As Manju said, doing everything on Sunday was a lot of time spent on a single day.
    This situation occurred because as I mentioned I had fallen off the track the past many weeks due to my injury and also my travel and other things (sickness etc.)
    It was like starting from square one again.

There are a number of things that stood out sharply on how I could get this planning even better.
    I will list them separately as I document them and present it end of this week.

This morning as i made coffee I poured hot water on the dhal to soak.
    I am typing this with my coffee.

Will give my update tomorrow.

Take care all. Please pardon me for not addressing all individually. But I read everyone's updates.

Oh! the query on chapathi dough....Shanti
    I do not keep dough in the fridge. I freeze them.
    I follow "show me the curry" method and make the dough in my Ultra grinder with aatta kneader attachments.

Though they mention big rounds I make small individual size balls and freeze; take out number of balls I need in the morning if I make chapathis in the evening.

5 people like this.
  8. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a few pics i took of my organized dressing table and the little cabinet along side it.
    1. Dressing table drawers
    photo4.JPG photo1.JPG
    2. Cabinet behind the mirror
    photo3.JPG photo2.JPG
    3. A small open cabinet beside the dressing table.
    photo.JPG
    I don't know why i am unable to post a few more pics of the little cabinet... will try to upload tomorrow.

14 people like this.
  9. shaluu

shaluu Gold IL'ite

Amazing pics Akila, I am really inspired to tackle the much postponed re-arranging of my accessories now! :D

My updates 4/23:

1 load of laundry
    Soaked grains for usli
    Prepared vegetable salad
    Cleared and washed few vessels

1 person likes this.
  10. smilysmile

smilysmile Gold IL'ite

Hi Dear Akila ma'am,

Love the way you organized the accessories

I too am inspired like Shaluu .I did organize many times not with very good outcome
    Shall post my picture after a while.Iam not a techie ,don't know how to attach those named tags

1 person likes this.