1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Happy to see you all managing your time really well. I have become lazy now a days. Just get up and get ready to office. Pack my lunch and reach office. I reach home along with my kid. Feed her dinner and have my dinner and clean the tiffin boxes and sleep. My body is not co-operating now a days and feel tired easily. Need some suggessions guys.

Regards,

Sound

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi everyone,

Its been sometime since my last post... am tied up with overload of work in officer and travel time.

@Sound, how is your dad now? hope he is recovering well. Take care of yourself also. sometimes feeling drained is not really due to physical issue, maybe it could be related to stress. try to relax with some good music and not do anything at all at that time, be it even 10-15 minutes. this helps. also try doing something like drawing or craft work or anything that you consider fun, it need not be productive work at all, just splashing some color on a paper is an excellent destressor. take care dear.

@doors, how have you been darling? my simple suggestion to not arguing with DH in front of kids is not arguing with DH at all :) meaning don't argue on anything, just discuss things out without getting emotional (angry) about the subject. if you feel that the topic has a potential to escalate, hold his hands and tell him that you both could discuss the topic after the child has gone to sleep/school. this will also give you and him time to reorgonize your thoughts and emotions. hope this helps. take care.

@KK, hope your toe is healing well.

@Jeni, have a safe delivery dear. You are in my prayers.

@ Manju, hope your DH is better now. I really marvel at how you manage so well. great going.

------------

My update

Over the week end, I completely cleared out the kitchen, sprayed baygonspray for cockroaches, left it to air overnight, and in the morning, wiped all the cabinet and surface area with wet tissues, put new newspapers for all shelves and reorganized the kitchen. It took about 3 hours (1 hr previous night, 2 hrs next day to organize).

I got a lot done that day, discarded a lot of plastic bottles and plates etc, i had been collecting glass bottles which were washed and dried earlier, so transfered the contents from plastic bottles to glass. My slow and steady attempt to get rid of plastic from kitchen :)

Dusted, swept & mopped, washed sofa covers and put them back on, organized kiddos study tables, wardrobes, and changed all bed covers and pillowcases. I did 4 loads of washing machine and 1 load by hand.

Went for a carnival run (5km), did it in 44 minutes.

Bought veggies for a week and stocked up.

Went shopping with kids to buy school shoes... ended up buying school shoes and sandals for my DH.

Mon:
    5:30 - 8.00 - up, coffee, breakfast (kuzhipaniyaram) and lunch (rice, brocoli subzi, sambar, rasam), got kiddos ready for school.

8-8.45 - little bit of tidying, got ready and left for office.
    7.45 - 8.30 - got home, had dinner with family.
    8.30-9.30 - went downstairs with kids to let them practice their shoes with wheels. they had so much fun.
    9.30 - 10.00 got back, helped kids brush and get into bed.
    10-11 - went for a 4.5 km walk.
    11.30 - hit the sack :)

3 people like this.
  3. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@akila,

Please take my virtual hugs..!! I really feel like meeting you some day..
    So much of positive energy ..mentally and physically
    Amazing women you are ..

Yes, I am going to follow what you say.Anger has never resolved anything ,it just multiplies. Though we both are like fight and forget couple..it always feels bad to argue first of all.Hmm..thanks akila once gain..

I never knew there were cockroaches in singapore too :)..such a clean country na..
    I use a herbal pest paste which has been like crazily helpful in getting rid of cockroaches/lizard and even ants.

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hey hey Ladies,

How are you all...Its been a long time since I visited this thread.I really miss all you girls here.This thread always been a good motivation for me :thankyou2:

Ok coming to the point, once I promised here that I would post the pictures of my so called spotless home :). So here I am. Its been 2 weeks since we shifted to our new home.So trying to make the arrangements with my 2 mischievious kids ar hand. So guys please bear with the arrangements :tongue:tongue.

:rantCaution: Girls, its a typical,pakka south indian home. So dont expect anything like modular kitchen or fully furniturised home etc etc.

Here it goes..And kamala mam, special dedication is to you...:kiss

3 people like this.
  5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Sink and kitchen platform

Attached Files:

9 people like this.
  6. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Here goes the wardrobe...

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Another wardrobe, yet to put the door for it..

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Fridge section goes here.

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  9. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thats it for now guys.

Yet to cover kitchen shelves,pooja shelf,showcase...some pending tasks are there in all these things. So ll do it once have done with it.

So catch you ladies later..tata ..bye bye...

10. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

dear time management friends,

I feel happy to announce you that 24th march, i gave birth to a boy baby. DD is so happy with her brother. we have named him as 'Manu Prithiv'.

after next couple of months, i will actively participate in this thread.

9 people like this.