1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

nice shoe rack. It's vertical and saves space

2. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

wow ! nice thread ! kamla mam , u r amazing !!! and viji aunty , my hats off to u for being so active and doing all the work by ur self !!
    this thread seems to be all the motivation i need :)

3. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

And one more thing, I would like to share here is,

I have seen many people coming and going in IL..During their participation, they acted as if IL runs only coz of them..but now they are not seen in IL.. But from the day I entered into IL, I am seeing a Lady who always maintains a friendship with elder to younger, always active, so generous in her posts, and so innocent too...:cool2:

that is our Vijima..(Iyerviji) :kiss

Pranams :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown to you vijima

2 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Latha dear you brought tears in my eyes and smile on my face with your post

2 people like this.
  5. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

^ மேன்மக்கள் மேன்மக்களே

1 person likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear TulipLover
    Thank you very much for your lovely words. I am sorry I could not address you immediately.
    Dear
    Magee, luv2smile, Vijikka, Latha,
    Was reading all your updates and enjoying them. You all seem to be rocking! You go girls!
    Dear Anitha
    Congrats on resuming your job. Trust everything is going on smoothly.
    Dear Cutemonster
    Thank you sweetheart for your lovely words! Welcome!
    Dear Manju
    A special thanks for the lovely shoe rack! I fell in love with it! (yes, nowadays I am falling in love with shoe racks and rag holders..signs of responsibility, haha!)
    What are the dimensions..it appears quite large but on close inspection it is quite flat ..just deep enough for the width of the shoes I think. Do they come in fours or do they come in single units?
    Yeah too many questions? Sorry. But I love it so want to know more.

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

It’s been two weeks since I began this thread and we all have begun following the basic guidance on cleaning our homes.
    - Do them in small intervals
    - Do them regularly
    - Create zones and work in one each week. Have as many zones as needed.
    - Form habits each month
    - Leave you sink empty every night
    - Making the bed every morning
    - Do at least 15 minutes of exercise
    - De-clutter

We have now covered two of six “S”
    1. Sort – that is another word for decluttering.
    2. Set in Order
    3. Shine – Cleaning.
    4. Standardize
    5. Sustain
    6. Safety

Now let us move on to the next phase.
    Set in Order.
    • This must be done after decluttering...so most of you would already have done it.
    • Anyway, while in the kitchen area you must have noticed that I started putting Kitchen “organization” pictures. This to illustrate the “Set in order” – which is organizing the good stuff.
    • Where we keep our things and how we keep them in relation to their use matters a lot if we are to prevent wastage of time, energy, and money.

However, before I move on to three more zones in my kitchen organization, I would like to offer one suggestion.

In your handbags, please keep a tape measure – either a tailor’s tape measure or the one shown in the picture, and a handy note book.
    In the note book:
    • Note down the shirt, skirt, and pant sizes of your family members and their body measurements.
    • Note down the measurements of your display cabinets, the height between shelves, your kitchen cabinets, etc. in another page.

• At the ready-made garment store: Some readymade clothing come as Small, Medium, Large, XL etc. If something catches your eye, you can immediately whip out your tape measure, and determine if the shoulder, waist etc. match your notes, before buying it.
    • Similarly, if you notice a good piece of art, or want to buy some boxes for your shelves, or even furniture, this tape measure comes in handy to make determinations if they will fit easily in the available space.
    I have found this very handy and it has saved time, hassle, and money.
    tape measure 1.JPG tape measure 2.JPG

All have a great Friday! see you tomorrow!

8 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamala dear nice to see you here with good tips about time management. Glad I am also albe to learn something from you all

Manju dear missing you and your post here.

Magee, luv2smile, Anitha missing you here

Cute dear thanks for your appreciation , you brought a smile on my face by your sweet message

Latha thanks for your sweet mesage

2 people like this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Kamala, Happy to see you back in action.

Thank you for all who liked my shoe rack. will post the dimensions in my next post. It also comes in different colors, with lesser racks. It is just wide enough to hold the shoes. It has wholes at the sides to keep off the odor. This one costed Rs.4500/- each around 4 years back. We ordered at an exhibition, was home delivered from Hyderabad. (If anybody is particular, I will try to take the receipt and give you more more details of name and phone number.) Only thing is, you cannot open one rack alone. It is all interconnected, so if you open one all racks get opened. But it is really a space saving thing and more importantly a tidy one.

My yesterday's update:

After cooking, we had our brunch by 11. then again at 2, fed the kids curd rice, served fil his milk and snacks, we 4 (DD, mil, SIL's DD and myself) went for a movie(kalakalappu) in the nearby theater. Far far better than okok. Though my mil wishes to come out for movies, she wouldn't like all these present movies, as she is still in the age of movies should have some story like "kaadhal parisu" and "paalum pazhamum". As far as kids, they enjoyed, though they couldn't follow the dialogues very deeply (good for me). But I recommend this movie to anybody who consider to watch this movie.

My DH arrived only by 10.30 after his routine check-up with his cardiologist as he is under medication for BP around 15 years. Now seriously he is trying to reduce his weight and succeeded in reducing his tummy as of now.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  10. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju, This is THE best Idea so far I have known for shoe rack. Shoe racks don't usually come with a door, so it occupies so much dust than the shoes themselves collect from the streets. Your shoe rack is well organised. You are right, when its in the practice, organizing things is not that difficult! Thank you for sharing this idea.. :)