1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your wishes jeni, kkrish, soundvijay and manjukps.

@manju : today is my first day @home. Did houshold work and half and hour slept. Since 1 yr boy is there in my home I am unable sit ideal:-(.

1 person likes this.
  2. vidash08

vidash08 New IL'ite

Thanks. Excellent post!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

buvi - take care of your health
    manju - good to hear about your 'moringa' green tea
    sound - take care of your health.

Yesterday evening -
    - reached home by 6pm
    - have milk and bread & Jam along with DD
    - small nap for half an hour
    - Folded and arranged bed sheets, pillow covers and doormat's which are washed yesterday
    - Declutter the sofa and center table
    - Feed dinner to DD and have my dinner
    - Slept at 10pm

1 person likes this.
  4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear ladies,

Here is my recap of the last few days. On friday being "thai" velli, invited three ladies over for lunch. We had three other relatives from out of town with us for the weekend.

I watched "Vishwaroopam" with hubby and son who was visiting us from college for the weekend.

Just today started to breath a sigh of relief, but still have son's dog seeking my attention. Had to take him for a long walk.

I had so much to catch up on. So I set the timer on for one hour each for each of the chores and finished the following.

Sorted out all newspapers, read a few pages from the overdue library book, wrote a few pages in my journal, finished some assignments of my online class and did some grocery and vitamins shopping.

Some days I set timer to read or write, but get distracted with a phone call or two. Luckily today was an exception.

2 people like this.
  5. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Hi Bhuvi,
    Use 'Quickdry' sheet over the bed till your kid is about 6 months. Till atleast 4-5 months old they mostly dont move from the position we put them to sleep. Quickdry sheets are really good. The sheet is some what of velvet material on top so its very soft and comfortable for children. Have 2 sheets handy. While one is put to dry other can be used. Dries out very quickly. :)
    Once the kid is little older, buy a double bedsize plastic sheet. Put that over the bed and then the bedsheet on top of it. This way you can save the bed from getting wet. I heard quickdry sheet is now available in larger size too. If you can grab one, then you can use that on top of the bedsheet for good protection. :)

Enjoy this time. Get ample rest. Trust me you'll be quite deprived of sleep in the first 3 months and you'd feel very tired. As manju mam has said, try reading some good books, listening to good music. Also, if you can get 'Garbh sanskaar' cds (you can download online), listen to them. Very good for overall development of the kid. Also, talk to your kid loud. It may seem funny, but they easily recognize your voice and understand what you say. No wonder Abhimanyu learnt the 'padmavyuham' from the womb just by listening :) take care :)

5 people like this.
  6. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Yesterday evening reached home at 6pm
    - Went to near by shop to buy some groceries which are needed unexpectedly
    - Guests came and prepared & served tea and snacks to them
    - Feed dinner to DD at 8pm and after that I have dinner
    - Two of my neighbour's came to my house along with thirupathi lattu
    - Spend half an hour with them and DD is playing along with their kids
    - Went to sleep at 9.30pm

2 people like this.
  7. PavitraVenkat

PavitraVenkat Gold IL'ite

Friends,

Today morning I cleaned my stove. The steel pan of the stove had burnt on milk for quite sometime and I used to have tough time scrapping it. Today, I used a homemade all purpose cleaner (checked on youtube) and it worked like a charm without much elbow grease :) The original recipe called in for 50-50 of vinegar and dawn. I replaced dawn with vim dishwashing liquid. Sprayed on the stove and left it for about 5 minutes. Just gave a scrub with scouring pad and was stunned with the result. Since I was running short of time, I left it for 5 minutes. 10-15 mins would have been great. I've never had such satisfying result with any of the commercial cleaners like mr.muscle, cif, easy off bang. I'm now gonna use this cleaner for everything :)

ALL PURPOSE CLEANER RECIPE:- 50-50 of vinegar and dawn (use vim instead)

6 people like this.
  8. abhigail

abhigail Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    Yesterday's day went as per plan as I managed to get up early in the morning and got all the things ready, but then night my DS didnot sleep till 12 mid-night and I was awake with him. So today's morning was totally out of order :) as it is said no day is the same for a mom with small kids.

Thanks Pavitra for this update, I have a gas stove which is calling me for such a long time to get itself cleaned. It has burnt tea, milk stains all over and oil stains as well. I'll try this trick on saturday.

2 people like this.
  9. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

@pavithra, even i have used the same ratio of vinegar and vim liquid it gives amazing results. I believe vinegar has lots of other uses also. thanks for sharing the info

shara

1 person likes this.
  10. RJD

RJD New IL'ite

Thanks for the information Pavithra! :) Will give a try today at my home....

1 person likes this.