1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kamala dear get well soon and all the best

Happy Mother's day to all of you

My day was excellent today. Was surprised to receive a call from my son that he is coming for lunch as yesterday he had told that he has some meeting today. When I spoke to him I had already made Pongal for breakfast, then onion sambhar and ennai kathrikai. Since son and dil were coming for lunch. Made Pulao, Dahi raita, onion,tomato and coriander chutney and Papad. My dh had gone to a friend's house to give Chakai varatty and his wife in turn gave green leaves morkuzambu. So we enjoyed everything and both son and dil said they enjoyed all the items.

Since balance Pulao was there we went to my brother in law's house and I gave them Pulao and chutney. Bil;s dil said that both are yummy and was asking how in this age you are so active. That made my day. In the evening his friend's wife came home bringing elai adai for us. So Mother's day was a yummy day

2 people like this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala,

Hope you got better.

Dear Anitha,

Good to hear your mil arrived there safely. She will be giving good support to take care of the child. When she is there to share you will be able to accomplish more things.

Thanks for your liking latharam

Hello Viji aunty how were you able to do so much of cooking. That's mother's love isn't it?

Today morning I did a typical tirunelveli samaiyal. Poricha kuzhambu with carrot, potato, chow chow, kothavarangai, vazhakai and chenai (yam). pulivitta keerai (did with tomatoes instead of tamarind), tomato rasam, varieties of pappads (maracheeni, ilai vadam, ulundhu).

As my friends were coming, I did masal vadai, got some mixture and cake from shop. Made elaichi tea.
    Then went to hotel (only 4 of us could meet) had tandoori items and desserts. DD came with us. Had a very good time. All of us are friends from our middle school. Every year when one of our friends come from Mumbai we meet. My costing batch mates didn't come (one of the guys is my DH's auditor now). My self and friend from Mumbai will be meeting them next week.

Didn't do any special cleaning as it is maintained.

Regards
    Manjukps

3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Today:
    Morning - Washing/Drying clothes(Machine wash)
    Cooked veg briyani & raita
    Sweeped house
    Packed items to work tomorrow
    afternoon - lunch time
    folding all the dried clothes

eve - rest

Okay ladies, have a nice Sunday ahead...

4. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Wow Kamala Mam... Just found this thread. Your schedule is packed. I just read 2 pages and realised how lousy I am. Laundry/Folding/Ironing clothes is one which I don't do often. Recently I learned that Dish washing need not be a big separate task. I wash the vessels when I keep milk to boil for coffee, or when the curry is in final stage. At the same time I will also try to clean the kitchen floor.

When I went through your tasks for the day, I wondered when do you find time to rest, to read books, or write those beautiful snippets in IL?? Even with this relaxed time I hardly find inspiration to write a post.

Thanks for starting this thread, will keep an eye on it to gather tips from you alll..

ILT

1 person likes this.
  5. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

My FIL visted us, on Saturday , made Ven Pongal and Sambar for breakfast and we started to our relative house in tiruvallur, On Sunday morning we started from there, we reached our home by 1.45 PM, on the way to home bought Fish, hence made Fish Kuzhambu and fry , MY FIL liked it very much (i have done with my cooking in just 45 mins), then done dish wash, Sweeping and cleaning kitchen platform and disposed garbage.

Have to wash clothes on weekdays as i have not done it on weekend...Catch you with my updates

Magee

1 person likes this.
  6. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,

Sorry lost touch with you all for the last 4 days. My schedule for the last 4 days was nothing different, as usual lot of cooking and cleaning and my baby :) The best day out of these 4 days was y'day...did some shopping...all groceries and eatables only but still all yummy stuff that i love and dinner ar a restaurant.

Today it was very relaxed with cooking and just playing with my DD .Being mothers day, I wished my mom who thinks mothers day is for westerners only and not us Indians. I watched Desperate housewives season finale...got to watch the last 30 mins only :( will catch the rest online..but i felt so jealous that they were so nice friends who shared everything in their lives...I have not had such friends in my life...might be that's true in drama only :(

Anyway, I am done with cleaning the kitchen and remaining house is again all messy..I have realised that it's hard to keep my house clean with my DD who loves to explore every object in the house and DH who is least bothered about putting things back in the place. So, I have planned to take it very slow and whatever my energy levels can afford.

Too tired for the day !!!! Hope u all have a wonderful week ahead !

1 person likes this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear ladies
    Sorry if I don't address you all individually!
    My health has not improved fully; will be seeing my doctor tomorrow. But I had to go to work - too many things happening and too many deadlines approaching.

I just cooked today and went to work...nothing else.

Kitchen organization:
    In the drawer immediately left to my stove I keep the "Anjarai Petti". This I can lift with my left hand, hold it over the pan and with my right hand put in spoonfuls of mustard, jeera etc.
    In the drawer immediately right to the stove I keep the ladles, etc which are easy to take.
    A result of the "flow" that I learnt :).

Have a great Tuesday. See y'all tomorrow.

spice rack 001.JPG

7 people like this.
  8. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Take care kamala..
    Today, I joined back at my work after a long vacation. Worked between 8-5pm and came home.
    Gave my son a kool bath, gave egg for him, too him for a walk.. packed my fruits for tomorrow office..

No cleaning today.

Will be going to gym from tomorrow..

Good night, take care ladies..

9. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Take care Kamala..Do consult a Doctor and dont trouble yourself to update here till you recover..Take good rest

10. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Happy Morning!

Kamala mam,

Your anjarai petti is suuuuuuuuuuuuper!
    Take care, Get well soon. We found that you have a hectic schedule, just try to take rest for a day, that will give you a relaxation.

Anitha Dear,

Oh great that you rejoined your work after a loooong break.
    How was the day @ work? Are you comfortable in traveling to work place?
    Is your son attached to his grandma? Hope you r enjoing MIL Cooking.

Manju,

I found your kolam in one of the thread here, its nice, do you put kolam daily?

L2S, Latharaman, Vijima, i enjoyed reading your post, keep on posting.

Magee