1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

AnithaPartha,
    Doing good. Our builder is Skyline Builders & Promoters, at Medawakkam. They keep their promises. Very honesty.

Felopnosis,
    Hope you recovered now. Take good rest.

Anandchitra,
    You are very poetic. Loved your post.

Yesterday, I was roaming Medawakkam, Tambaram, Chrompet, Nanganallur, for Parlour items. Somehow, managed finance, and decided to run. Everyday so many confusions and twists. Last night, slept only for 2 hrs. Could not wake up in the morning. DH and DD had their breakfast and left. Taken head bath after applying onion mask for my dandruff. Have to decide about menus and then cook. DD has full day school , so no hurry to cook lunch. Just relaxing after my head bath, watching about super ladder in TV. They exaggerate its advantages.

5 people like this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

past 4 days I was down with severe cold and fever along with my periods. Somehow managed.

On saturday was totally down, so DH bought b/f from a homemade outlet. For afternoon I cooked rice and pepper and jeera rasam, as DH had to go for a condolence. For dinner again bought idli batter, DH made idlies. As on Sunday I had to be on my feet as my in-laws were coming, took a tablet in the night, I was bit ok on sunday.

Sunday : By afternoon DH went and picked up PILs. Morning did cooking very slowly. Made idli batter and corn dosa batter. Evening I could not sit idle, so started cleaning my DD's wardrobe (which I had entirely pulled out and scattered all in the floor on thursday itself), since the room was not in a usable state for three days. It took 2 hours. Magically her shelves got so much of extra space now. For dinner made corn dosa.

Monday : Since FIL is doing dhanur maasa pooja, I am taking bath at 5 itself and then start cooking. So by 6.30 my regular cooking as well as mahaneyvedhyam will be done side by side. After sending DD and DH will prepare sambar, rasam and vegetable. Then pulled out all clothes of my DS's, segregated daily wears, uniforms and dresses to be worn outside. By evening stitched a blouse for paavadai which i stitched on thursday for a client.

Today: Completed all monthly work outside. Gave provision list. paid chits, bought few lining cloths, fruits came back had lunch along with DD. For her exams are going on since 3rd. So she has only half day school. That is also one of the reasons I couldn't log in. Next week she will be having pongal holidays.

On coming Sunday, my FIL's mom's ceremony is falling, hence will be hectic in preparing and collecting items for that, buying veggies, fruits, plantain leaves , other small items like "green thennanguchi" to make "dhonnai". He used to say that for "srarthams" we have to collect all items by ourselves. Since he is 79 now, I do such things for him. My dad will be of much help to get "srai, varatis etc." FIL will be doing srarthams very meticulously. It will be around 3 when we have our meal. So I will be falling back on track only after pongal.

WISH YOU ALL VERY HAPPY PONGAL.

Hi Shanvy,

good to see the pics of your knives and the way you have stored it too. It seems to be like a collection. I own my anjali cutting board with knife for past almost 13 years. Apart from it I have a knife which I am using for almost 10 years. I don't know the brand, it was bought in US. Very recently only I purchased the slicer and a dicer, which I have posted pics in my earlier posts. Now I have one more tomato paring knife. I have two peelers, an old fashioned grater. All these 99% I myself wash, wipe and store, as and when I use those. I will not be satisfied if washed by maid. As you say, she will not take care to remove any residue from peelers or grater. Enjoyed your photos of garden too.

Welcome Felonopsis, take care too.

Hi Latha, good to know things are turning to be favorable. My belated birthday wishes to your DH

Hi Kamala,

I too subscribed flylady, now and then I read, gives me fair idea where I lack. Now I developed the habit of not postponing little things, which really don't need extraaaa time if it is done at that moment. Now I have a bag (will post a pic soon) have more pockets with zipper individually, in which I am able to keep things segregated. I can hang it across my shoulder while riding in scooter. Everytime I don't have to open the below seat box or front box. I clear this bag mostly once a week.

As I am not a regular user of car as you do, it doesn't get messy. My DH also very particular, whenever we return after an outing in any car, picks up all trashes immediately and disposes. Every week, both cars' interiors and mats will be cleaned alternatively with the help of the guy who cleans exteriors of any one car everyday. I know this is possible only here.

Hi Lakshmi

My belated wishes to your DH. Hope you got your medical results as normal.

Hi AC, that was nice of you not letting knives to hug Kamala.

Hi Usha, Hope you had enough rest after your son's friends left.

Hi Jeni, don't worry about cleaning as long as the mess is not a hindrance to your day to day life. As Shanvy says, take some outside help.

Hope I have read all the left out posts.

Regards
    Manjukps

5 people like this.
  3. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

This post is for photos. I forgot to take 'before ' photos.

DD's wardrobe

2013-01-06 19.03.05.jpg 2013-01-06 19.04.22.jpg 2013-01-06 19.04.53.jpg

DS's wardrobe

2013-01-07 22.11.40.jpg

Regards
    Manjukps

8 people like this.
  4. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all

Verandah 'Before' pic:spin
    verandah before 2.jpg
    Verandah 'After' Pic

verandah after 2.jpg

Of course two rain coats too found place in cupboard well packed in its bags.

Other side of verandah, you all know, it has the shoe racks, which I already have posted.

Regards
    Manjukps

10 people like this.
  5. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Manjukps,

Nice pictures. I too arrange the items on weekly basis but my DH collapsed all within 2 days :-(. How your DH maintaining these. So many times i asked DH to keep clean and keep the item where you have taken but he never follow :-(.. How do manage this??

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dear Manjukps
    I love the before & after pictures.
    this is my admiration for you :bowdown :bowdown :bowdown
    I like your verandah. I always like the verandah space and this one you have done good justice to be proud of.:thumbsup
    I also like the way you have arranged dd's closet. I too would love to get that bangle rack:)

2 people like this.
  7. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Manju,

Liked your wardrobes and accessories arrangement. Veranda gives the first impression to everyone. Yes, it has to be clean always. I liked your veranda too.

Yesterday -

Didn't do any work in home. Bit busy in office. Hence very tired in the evening. Slept by 9.30pm.

2 people like this.
  8. latharam09

Manju,
    Loved your pictures.

The day started with a sweet news. After sending DD and DH, waited for a while to take bath. After bathing, when I entered pooja room to lit the lamp and do the daily pooja, mobile was ringing. I never expect my moms call at that time. She called me to inform that she did all abhishegams to Perumal for which I sponsored. I met my mom 5 months back. That day I gave her money to do this abhishegam, only after our regn. It was getting postponed for some reasons. Today being margazhi last wednesday, abhishegam done to Perumal. I was very emotional and peaceful on hearing this, that too, before I do pooja, I got this news.

Had some outside works. Went by bus in the afternoon, walked nearly 4 kms, returned home and had lunch, had a short nap. Now in the evening, started to pack. First I had set the carton by brown tape, then wiped and packed all MW glass wares with bundle of newspapers and sealed with cello tape. For this, it took exactly one hr for me. More than timings, now, I target a place to pack. Today I chose only one shelf in the kitchen.

4 people like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends
    Very nice to read all your updates.
    I was tired this past week; still am. Will come here this weekend.
    Take care all.
    Love

1 person likes this.
  10. latharam09

Kamala mam,

Tired? Mentally or physically? Anyway, take enough rest. Hope Thai month really brings a good way for all of us.

1 person likes this.