1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Happy morning to Bhargavi, Vijima, L2S , Manju & other viewers.

Kamala mam,

Yes, i shop every alternate day, bcos the shop's are on the way to my home from the stopping i get down from my office transport. Please keep on posting the pictures, it's nice, so that we also get a new ideas and it's a kind of encouragement we get it from that.

Today update

I woke up by 6.15, refreshed, made chappathi & rajma gravy, packed lunch, folded dried clothes, my closet longing for a clean arrangement, have to do that today.
    Changed my pillow cover.
    Dish wahsed and ensured sink is clean, cleaned the bathrooms before bathing.
    Had my breakfast, Lighted diya's and started to office.

Magee

1 person likes this.
  2. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Wow. Wonderful thread Kamala.. I would like to share mine too !!!

3. AnithaPartha

For the last one month, i had a very hectic schedule :bonk. I was waiting for my work visa approval, so my in laws/parents were not with us. So, I had to do all work at home.

Morning:
    Get up, prepare bournvita(hubby), cofee(for me) & warm up organic milk for my son. Pack lunch for hubby. Preparing oats for my hubby.
    Alternate days sweeping house.
    Calling homes(India).
    Prepare lunch for my son, feed him, making him sleep

Afternoon:
    Lunch time
    Cut all veggies/onions, prepare dinner & next day lunch for hubby

evening:
    giving milk to my son
    bath time
    going to gym

i will leave my son in kidz club & i will go for gym

night:
    dinner preparation
    watching serials
    sleeping

I always complete cooking before my gym. Because, am walking 15mins to gym then 1hr gym, again walking back home(pushing stroller as well). So, I prefer to cook and keep it ready and then gym. So, that once am back, I can rest for sometime.. Once dh arrives, eating, feeding baby, watching tv then sleeping..

My schedule will completely change from next week as my MIL is arriving soon to USA :thumbsup

I'll update my next week schedule later:)

1 person likes this.
  4. AnithaPartha

Kamala Mam,

How do you have patience to clean kitchen & other areas daily? Unbelievable.. am unable to do evrything.. My son is just 2.5yrs & keeping me busy all the time.. Once, I go to work. think i can get time to spend with him.. office routine + kids time + tv ;(

5. AnithaPartha

Magee,

Great..

Never cleaned anything or did any work before leaving to work ;))))

I get up., rush upto bathroom.. then rushing to catch my bus.. i will even pack my fruits/bf/lunch to office.. I've to be in office by 8.30am so that i can leave from work at 5.30pm..

6. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,

Today I spent the time well and did enjoy myself

woke up at around 6,immdly I took bath and had my coffee.
    I started cooking pulao and subji for lunch and i was too slow today ...It was like as though i was cooking forever :spin

but some how finished it, made separate lunch for DD, gave b/f to DH and DD.

gave bath to DD and then lunch for her and then it was time for her afternoon nap. after she slept, I had my lunch and completely cleaned my living.family,dining and my kitchen well. It was very tiring for me but somehow i did it. then did a load of DW and by this time DD woke up

gave her milk and some tiffin and played with her. did some watering and pruning in my garden.

made dinner again ..feeding baby, another full load of DW then put my baby to bed :thumbsup

7. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

I love to do all the household work myself (we are 2, no one to help us, not required also so that DH can feel my presence in all the organised things in my home, offcourse in non organised too:bonk), i am not a perfectionist, still struggling to make things perfect, this thread encourage me alot, gives the feel that some one is here with me to boast my confidence in making my home organised and for planning a healthy cooking.

I have to thank kamla mam & other friends joining here for such a wonderful thread.

Magee:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

Hello kamala,

I love your posts. They convey a lot of affection and respect you have for our friends here in IL. I love your vocabulary as well...U use the right words to express your feelings.

Pls keep the photos coming. It's very inspiring. I used to keep my 2 nd mixie jar in the sink dish tray, use it and place it there only. On seeing your picture. I got an idea and made some space in my cabinet and placed it there. Thank U.

Hi Anitha Partha,

Your schedule seems close to mine except for the GYM part which i am skipping. I usually go out for a walk in the summer mornings. but it's these days with my DD. I'll have to find an alternative to it soon.

9. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

so true magee. I too feel the same. Atlast there is some one here whom i can share my daily work here

10. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Thanks KK for the wonderful thread!!
    Meet u ladies soon :)