1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Manju,

We too Nondhe ponom for the movie...that we wasted our nice week end for this movie

2. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Good tips... I have a granite sink..so what i do is... I apply the waste of coffee decoction in the sink then after a few mins, brush and clean the sink...it will dazzle..every visitor of mine used to ask me what i am doing to clean the nook and corner of
    sink

3 people like this.
  3. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Happy mothers day.

Magee

4. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Manju
    Every day...is yet a new challenge...you live by this don't you?

Ok...accept it manju..."men are always lucky and by living with wives like us their patience has been sharpened"; after dealing with a wife for over a decade, facing a policeman is just "a cup of ice-coffee" for them!
    OK your 11 grader is prep for IIT-JEE, great...good luck. Which curriculum is he following, if I may ? My 8th grader too is hell bent on Engg., just finished his first AP for college credits. Keep me posted.
    Mega

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good morning/evening ladies
    I had a long day at work and my brain was spent (whatever I had,that is).
    After making dinner I changed to exercise clothes but then came a phone from a friend. While my husband was talking & i was listening I started to browse IL (multitasking).
    I gave feedback in the snippets.
    Anyway after the phone call my hubs wanted dinner. So gave him that, cleaned up.
    We had to make another phone call to the West Coast - their time 7 pm. So waited for that and meanwhile read all your lovely narrations here.
    Very interesting days...
    At 10 pm called the West Coast and this conversation lasted up to an hour. The last remnants of my brain were deeply fried by this time.
    Went to bed without giving any feedback here.
    Tonight I will be back.
    Now I have to go to work. Take care all.

2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi folks,

Today morning when I logged onto Indusladies, I saw the announcement of the "Save the girl child" blog contest. Since this is a topic very close to my heart, I wrote a poem for the contest, worked on it to make the message stronger, wrote another poem which I shall share in the poetry section of "Good to read and write".

So sad to say, moderation went for a toss :bonk :bang :hide. Am thinking of getting this moti's weight to move in the direction of a short walk outside. The weather is beautiful and it is drizzling. So I have no excuse to skive off. :biggrin2:

On that note I am off for my walk. :-D

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

1 person likes this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mega
    Reg my son I am sending you PM as we may end up in a lengthy discussion which will divert the mood of this thread.

Hi Sats, Good decision.

Thank you ladies for the mothers' day wishes. Happy mothers day from me too

Dear Viji Aunty, thank you for your wonderful message.

Hi Magee, hope you joined in your new job. All the best.

My Monday and Tuesday updates:

Nothing big apart from Gardening. Not even elaborate cooking. DD not here, DH having workshop for three days, that is till tomorrow. DS graciously told me not to strain with detailed cooking as he can have either b/f or lunch at school canteen. So I prepared only chappathis on Monday, idli today. Later I kept rice, happily I ate curd rice only with snake guard curry yesterday, naarthangai today ( try mixing curd in hot rice with naarthangai. That'll me yummy:)) that too with book in hand I just don't need anything other than this. Yesterday night also curd rice along with each one dosa. Yesterday I made dosa batter. No other extra batter as I plan to do rava idli one of these days. Today luckily my mom invited me to have poori and potato in the evening. Waited at home for cylinder delivery. He came by 4.30. Then went veg shopping, picked my son at station, went to mom's home, heartily had poori and potato. Mom packed for DH too. Left DS there went to Sanskrit class. Again picked DS came home had little curd rice for dinner by 8 PM. Afternoon had a good 2 hrs nap (is it called a nap?!:hiya). Watered plants morning as well as evening as it is very hot now.

While waiting for DH will get into other forums.

DEAR Kamala,
    I too went through Anitha's forum yesterday. As you said it had gone away from topic. Just brush it off. So didn't leave any FB.

Anyway today I cleaned the sink, with bleach, vim and zoom before bath.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  8. Anthony1

Anthony1 New IL'ite

This time table is best for cooking , cleaning and exercise.
    1)You should do exercise in morning when you wake up
    2)You should be do cooking after your exercise
    3)Then at the end of cooking you should be clean your kitchen and your home together for one time.

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dearies

Good Morning and have a nice day

“The purpose of time management and getting more done in less time is to enable you to spend more face time with the people you care about and doing the things that give you the greatest amount of joy in life.”

Kamala dear missing you here

Latha thanks for the sweet message

2 people like this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hello ladies.
    So was it mother’s day Monday in India? Here it is next Sunday. Wish you all had a good mother’s day.
    Dear Sats
    Thanks for visiting this thead.
    Glad you found the motivation to start your exercise. Wish you all the best.

Latha
    Thanks for the tip on cleaning granite sink. I sure many will find that information useful.

Vijiakka
    I am here....The mailing charges for sending you old sarees will come to be the same if I bought nice new ones. I will keep the old sarees and buy you new ones when I visit you.

L2s
    So both u and your husband ended up playing with the toys is it:thumbsup?

Dear Manju
    That was a wonderful two days you described. Yes, you should have written them in snippets.
    I am glad you got a day off to read the books you bought. With books no other company is needed, isn’t it? Good to find my soul-sista!
    So, OKOK was no OK is it?

Megalife, Bhargavi thanks much.
    • Back from work. Made my dinner.
    • Then cleaned the kitchen cabinet doors for 10 minutes.
    • I also rearranged the shelves where I keep my mixie jars.
    • My kitchen was not designed by me. So I would not call it the most convenient in terms of smooth movement.
    • I try to make the most of it by delegating workspace.
    • The mixie I have kept near the sink and the jars are stored in the shelf just above. Besides them is the electric hand blenders one of which I have in a bowl which I use to mix for pancakes or French toast.
    new 001.JPG
    Have to clean son#2’s desk and vacuum his room tomorrow.
    My exercise was not good today either…2 days in a row. Hopefully Satchi walked an extra mile for me.
    Have a great Wednesday.

5 people like this.