1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima
    Your schedule is pretty hectic ....... Keeping busy makeS time fly.
    .....never fear, we are here.......just drape one saree after another , click a few snaps and post it on IL....you have lot of admirers here too.
    Mega

2. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Manju
    Oh....such an eventful day...
    8:
    This was the best part of the day...(my type )", but not getting the movie tkts was like " Incy-wincy" spider being washed away by the rain .
    Thanks for the warm and cordial welcome to Chennai....I wish some day. Infact it will be great for you to visit abudhabi, it's a great place for shopping (and eating too, Manju).....since we are both foodies, we can be proud to try out every damn restaurant in town, what say?....welcome to abudhabi anytime.
    Mega

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Whew Kamala, what a "busy" (pun intended) thread is. You ladies are simbbbbbly amazing. Since I am unable at present to reveal what I do with my day :hide: :bonk :drowning :redface: I shall stick to saying that I have spent my last two hours multitasking - reading 13 pages of the thread, wanting to hide under the bed for the way I use or more specifically not use my time, and listening to the dialogues of my favourite telly soaps. Of course since I have been lying on my back all this while, I have definitely felt very "moti-weighted" after reading about the exercise regimens included in between.

But you know kids are exempted from doing work - it is against the law. So I shall weight till I grow "up" (the horizontal axis has already been taken care of) and start doing some real work. :rotfl :biglaugh

8 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Megha dear include me also in foodie group. I love trying variety of food. Whenever I go to Dubai I enjoy eating in the restaurants there. Last year I had come to Dubai and visited Abu Dhabi also to visit IL friend ShubaGanesh who is not active in IL now a days. Do not knowwhen I will get the next chance to come to Dubai. Last time met many ILites and got wonderful gifts from them. My dh has given his passport for renewal. Hope we get a chance this year too to come to Dubai. My daughter is staying there. This time I can enjoy with my grand daughter who has started talking now , she is 3 years. Want to see her dancing and singing

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

Satchi dear I am also sailing in the same boat like you, like I said before in a different boat. I am also a kid of 8 yrs 9 mths . You are using your days in a very good way by giving us wonderful snippets which are so thoughtful and something to learn

Manju dear I also enjoyed reading your eventufl day

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Hi Dearies

Happy Mother's day to all of you

Glad to be the first one here to post

Mother's Love
    Her love is like
    an island in life's ocean,
    vast and wide
    A peaceful, quiet shelter
    From the wind, the rain, the tide.
    'Tis bound on the north by Hope,
    By Patience on the West,
    By tender Counsel on the South
    And on the East by Rest.
    Above it like a beacon light
    Shine Faith, and Truth, and Prayer;
    And thro' the changing scenes of life
    I find a haven there.
    Author Unknown

Today did not see the time when I got up. As usual after having coffee logged in to IL and was happy to see some fbs for my write up Feelings of a Mother. When I entered the kitchen after taking bath it was 6.50 a.m. or so . As usual kept water for boiling for drinking, then water for rice and boiled milk. In the meantime cut vegetables for avial. First thought of making avial with butter milk then changed that idea and made it with tamarind. Though will fry papa and that will be for lunch . But later made vethakuzambu. By 8 a.m. or so both avial and morkuzambu was ready. Kneaded for chapathi and kept. earlier only.

Then started preparing for doing archana. First put ma kolam in front of God. Then lit the diya after putting chandan kumkum to the vilakku. Also put flowers. Then gave bath to all the idols, put chandan, kumkum and then offered flowers to all the Gods. Did archana to Lord Ganpathi. Offered Rice with ghee and milk to the Lord. Then made chapathi. Then showed kalpuram to God . Took Lord's blessings. Me and dh took the kalpuram . Took dh's blessings also. Then gave Chapathi with avial and vethakuzambu to dh . By that time it was 8.45. a.m. Waited for his comments. He said avial is a little karam , added butter milk to it , thought vetha kuzambu was karam but less karam in that so added little sambhar powder.

Read 4 chapters of Narayaneeyam. Night we watch only Sun TV as my dh likes to watch only Sun TV. Though in between he will be reading Narayaneeyam. 9. a.m. had breakfast watching TV. I watch the repeat of serials in Colour during the day from 9 a.m to 10 a.m. and evening from 5 pm to 5.30 pm

At 9.45 we left for Ganpathi Temple. After having darshan dh went to bank in the west and I went to bsnk in the east. Also bought a school bag and colour set for my grand daughter in Dubai. By the time I came home it was 10.45 . Then dried the bedsheets which I had put in washing machine before taking bath. Put on the TV and also logged in to IL . First posted in Coffee Mornings , then came here. So this is what I did from morning.

6 people like this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Kamala, love2smile, Magee and Mega for wishing my daughter.

Dear Mega,

Thank you for your invite. I would love to. Last year we visited Malaysia and Singapore. Next two years I don't think we will be moving around much as my DS is in 11th now. Since he has joined FIIT-JEE integrated course at MVM he has long hours. He will be having very short vacation. But anyway will grab any opportunity we get.

Dear Viji Aunty,

I too would love to see you n different sarees.

Dear Satchi,
    Hugs to you. My jaws dropped on seeing 16 likes in my notification. Thank you Satchi. I say you have well utilized your time reading all 13 pages so patiently at a stretch.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  8. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

here's my schedule for today

woke up at around 5..was very lazy and made coffee for me:coffee and was browsing IL and boiled milk for DD
    grated veggies in FP and made lunch
    finished cooking lunch by around 7:30 itself
    DH woke up at around 8 only and asked for his coffee and when i said I am having my B/f he said he too wanted it...so i made bread butter and jam . i had my b/f and handed over the plate to him...seeing it he said he hates having bread with jam and always likes only bun with jam. I got terribly angry but then calmed myself...this is not the first time it's happening to me. he is such a picky eater :rant :spin

then thank god i had some left over dosa batter and prepared dosa for him and DD. they both happily ate that with sambhar.

then DH helped me to assemble a toy that we had got for our DD over the weekend. he got so engrossed in it and for got that he needs to attend his office conf call :bonk

then started dusting the familiy room TV, end tables and moved the sofa and rugs and sweeped the entire floor. that itself took about 30 mins for me.

then watered the plants and gave DD a bath and I took shower and fed DD her lunch and i had mine and put DD to bed for afternoon nap and I also got tired and took a nap

evening made quinoa venpongal for tiffin and milk for DD.

took her to play in the back yard and we enjoyed some singing dancing and reading stories in between.:cheers

prepared rasam with puli paste which was horrible :eek:mg::eek:mg: so we all had curd rice only

next did a huge load of cleaning dishes and just spoke to parents and some friends .

could not clean the other bedroom. I also forgot to grind the rice and dal i had soaked for dosa batter.

hoping to do some prductive work on the organising front tmw.:thumbsup

byeeeeeee

3 people like this.
  9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I know I have backlogs in updating. Do you all think I am too busy to do that. You can take it as Yes or No. You would have got a hint on my Saturday's update. The three books I bought in landmark. Well I was able to finish one book half an hour back "A night at the Call center" by Chetan Bhagat, starting yesterday afternoon.

My Sunday Update:

After the misadventures of Saturday, I wanted to keep everybody in high Spirits. Morning got up at 6 made idiayppam. Without forgetting took the milk packets and kept in the fridge. After DH came from walking, straight hit his laptop. He paid all bills, checked for movies. OKOK seemed to be a better option (not the best). Booked for 12 O' clock show. It was I who suggested Maayajaal:hide:, so that we can pick up some plants at ECR on our way back. Though we were watering existing plants, after seeing Kamala's flower beds and garden routines I really wanted to rejuvenate my interest:thumbsup.

Alas! now I have to re-think if we should have B/F. Decided to have early meal. Kept the idiayappam in fridge. Made rice, Irupuli kuzhambu with capsicum and brinjal in it. Cheppankizhangu roast, Tomato rasam and of course curd was there.

I had put 2 loads of clothes for washing expecting my maid will turn up early as I had given off on Saturday. But till 10 no signs of her. So DH put clothes for drying, while I took bath. We had our early lunch at 10.30, finally she turned up at 11 when we were about to leave. Paavam pozhachu pogattum. For her also it is Sunday. Right! Told her not to bother to do dishes as we had to reach mayajaal at 12. It takes minimum 45 minutes.

We three left at 11.10, DH drove his car (I never sit behind wheels in this car except in highways). Took Radial road. Enjoyed the drive with nice songs in FM. Now right turn onto OMR, slowed down. It was 11.40. (Ah! we will make it right from titles). But....

but for the police man who chose our car as a target for his speed detecting gun:idontgetit:. We were asked to move to the curb. My DS was so thrilled!!!!:eek:mg: as he had never faced a policeman face to face. (He used to ask me so many questions on Bribes, why they take and why do you give etc., etc., as our movies shows policemen as bribe seekers). When my DH went for the query (this is the first time in 16 years of driving, he was caught for speeding - he never does it, yep sometimes it happens), DS curiously accompanied him. Much to his disappointment, they queried my DH politely, asked him to show license, showed him that his speed was 68, whereas the limit is 40 (too low for that road), but they allow till 60, charged him 300 bugs. DH paid, got automated receipt, maintained at 60. Reached theater. Late by 10 min.

About movie OKOK (oru kal oru kannaadi - logic behind title???? who cares?) was not OK. DH dozed off even before interval. DS was so drowsy, cozily sat with his head on my shoulder. We all waited for the movie to end.

Then left went to one of the nurseries there picked up few flowering plants like jasmine, roses and a lemon. On the way back had light tiffin and coffee at Sangeetha at OMR. Immediately on reaching home we transferred all plants to the pots which I had kept ready. Prepared those pots last week in expectation of getting some plants soon. DS helped me to do it. Something good we did for the weekend:).

For dinner TADA!! Kept idiayappam out to thaw, later warmed it, had along with kuzhambu, DS with sugar and milk. When I was cleaning for the night DH and DS folded all clothes (created a record by folding everybody's that too on the same day of washing:cheers) , kept in their respective wardrobes. I kept mine and DDs. Off for the day.

Regards
    Manjukps

Last edited: May 8, 2012
    5 people like this.
  10. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma, You are too quick to make avial (including cutting vegs) and VK (almost entire cooking ) and Your way of doing pooja is so impressive... God is so lucky...:bowdown