1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Viji mam our prayers are always there for you and your DH, he will recover soon. I can understand the situation mam. When my dad had a by pass and resizing of heart surgery, we were also in the same situation. Now he is fine and going to office. Everything will be fine viji mam. God always does miracles and doesn't let anybody suffer. take care mam

shara

1 person likes this.
  2. chithirainilavu

My routine for the last week

We did Diwali shopping for me and DDs. For DH, 1st week of Nov.

Sorted all DDs toys and separated in two carton boxes and kept in the loft. :thumbsup Now their story books, puzzles, building sets only are accessible. Planning to make them write little. They love coloring with crayons, color pencils, any craft activity for their level. Now i feel my house is little bit clean. (My cutie-pies will come and take my vessels for playing, :bonk if their toys are not accessible):):):)

Cleaned my grocery and vessel shelf, and took stock of groceries which are at home and noted what to buy for next month. :thumbsup

Re-arranged the wardrobe, pressed kids uniform and made DH's uniform also ready yesterday itself, for a hassle free monday morning.

have a happy week ahead friends

shara

2 people like this.
  3. chithirainilavu

Manju mam, take care, a busy week ahead for you and do post the pictures of the designer blouses you stitch. hope you had nice dharshan at thiruvannamalai. I have never been there, every time we come to chennai we make it a point to visit tirupathi and our kuladheivam near pollachi. Let me when we can visit thiruvannamalai.

Kamala mam, that was a good information about sandy winds. Only when we experience the power cuts we realise how we have been depending upon electricity, we feel life has become stand still.

Prana, hugs to your DD, nice craft she has made.

Latha mam, great to know that your parlour will be opened in February.

shara

1 person likes this.
  4. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shara,

what did you buy for Diwali? Readymade or materials?
    Thank you for your wishes.

Manju,

Hope you had a good dharshan..Girivalam? I went to TV Malai in 1995 for thala Karthi and did giri valam too. Thats my first visit. Next visit yet to...

Today’s updates:

Back to routine after 3 days holiday. Woke up at 6am, along with DD. While she taken bath, I prepared coffee decoction, soaked rice & dhal, boiled milk and had coffee. cut ladies finger for curry, put bedspreads (Monday routine) in washing machine, plaited her hair, cooked drumstick sambar & LF curry. Made Dosa as breakfast for both of them. packed lunch for DH. By 8, DD left for school. Another 10mins, DH too.

Waited for 15mins, then cleaned home and master bedroom toilet and took bath, did nithya pooja, then had my meals by 10 am. Prepared rasam as DD will have her meals after coming from school. Planning to do chappathi & Alu-raddish sabji (CV’s) for dinner.

Now taking rest, sitting with IL.

2 people like this.
  5. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends!

Hello to Kkrish, Manju, Chithirainilavu,Shanvy, Latharam, Vijima, doors and all others..

Weekend i tried Thattai and vella seedai, both came out very well, possibly by coming friday will try the same with one more batch as i am hosting another set of guest for dinner coming saturday...

At a stretch i have become too busy in last 3 week, every week hosting guest and finally i found i had no time to removed my nail polish which i wore last month...Hmmm now this week i found time for myself and cleaned all my daily wear jewels, removed nail polish.

Cleaned my fridge, washed kitchen clothes & also cleaned tubs and mugs in bathrooms :)

Today tried Green pulao with baby potatoes and it came out well...Rest in Next...Bye

Vijima,

Our prayers are there for you...Take care.

2 people like this.
  6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi dearies,

Its been sometime since I posted here. Have a lot to catch up. I was a bit busy with my daughter's exams and tight schedule in office. Now exams are thankfully over though work in office is still the same. I will read the past posts to catchup :)

@ great idea KK mam.
    @ take care shanvy.
    @Latha, manju, shara, prana, magee, hope you all had a great festive time and are gearing for deebavali and chrismas. I had a good time, but everything was overshadowed by exam tensions and too much workload. Did some good overall cleaning during aayudapoojai, except for that, nothing much to report.

Hoping to be more regular here from now on :)

Take care everyone!

2 people like this.
  7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Viji Mam,

He will be alright...Dont worry...My prayers are there for him...

Shanthi Mam, how is your health now..?take care....

1 person likes this.
  8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Thank you friends, for all your wishes...Though it doesnt much relate to Halloween, I want to contribute something thats why....

Kamala Mam, I could sense your love in your words...You are so sweet dearie....

Manju, Took enough rest..?how are you now..?

Hi to all...

9. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Prana,

Saw the link. It is very nice. It looks very good. It is so sweet of her for taking interest in doing the craft.

Dear Viji Aunty,

Uncle will soon get well. Your family will always be in my prayers. I saw your post while going to temple.

Dear Kamala,

Hope you all didn't suffer much. Did you have power cut? But I know the storm was really strong.

Dear Shanvy,

Take care of your health.

Dear Shara,

Nice to read your updates. I wonder your managing skills of your twins. I am fascinated by twins.

Dear Magee,

You are becoming an expert in cooking.

Dear Akila,

More than kids we only get tensed of their exams. They take it lightly and do well also. We only were brought up like that or our curriculum was different.

Always no need to clean up. It is only maintenance. If that is done, the house looks clean. Home is a home

Hi all others,

Morning I typed a big update, but lost while posting. There was some trouble in the net connection.

I had a wonderful weekend, visiting temples. After long time we drove long distance. This was the first time I went to Thiruvannamalai. Such a beautiful temple. It is sooo big. I like these very old temples. The vibration is too good.

For my updates.

The Golu stand was kept on the loft on Friday.

Last 15 days our power cut time is 10-12noon. So I have schedule according to that. Loading washing machine, grinding batter etc, I finish off before 10. I utilize this power cut time to put back things after everybody leaves in ground floor as well as first floor, folding clothes etc. In the excess time, do some hand-stitching, prepare the cloth to be stitched etc. Yet to stitch mine. Between 12 to 1 Lunch and a bit of rest. Then will continue my stitching till 3.30. Have tea or coffee, prepare evening snacks for kids. Then it is all regular routines.

Due to rain, it is holiday for kids. I think tomorrow also Govt. declared holiday.

Regards
    Manjukps

3 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dearies for your prayers , need it badly