1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

doors, shara mentioning it s a lullaby..but you are talking about a duet :)

Aki, forgot to tell in previous post..Tell my hearty wishes to your friend ...Its surely a party time...

2. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Good guess doors, and thanks for reminding that song, one of my favorite song(note: to hear only). But my inspiration was from the song "saainthadamma saaindhadu, sayal kizhiye saaindhadu .....", the song will end as "thinai mele thavazhnthu varum chithirainilave saainthaadu" - this song is sung for small kids, i liked the song sung by vijayalakshmi navneethakrishnan. She and her husband have sung a set of songs for kids in folk version.

hope I am not diverting from the topic of the thread. just wanted to share this information

shara

1 person likes this.
  3. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

My routine for this week was
    Sunday : Cleaned the pooja room, all the shelfs, swamy photos (wiped the frames, kept vibuthi, sandhanam, kumkum). DH was engaging kids with some activities. Felt so happy

Normal working day routine, collecting some items for giving thamboolam. Idon't keep golu, but i love giving thamboolam. Kids had dandiya celebration in their school, they wore gagra - choli and went and they loved wearing it bangles, bhindhi etc. Cleaned the windows, mesh doors etc.

Navratri Holidays from today. Planned to do re-arrangements in the shelf. kids also need to be engaged in some activities. This will be a good break for me, no running around for school, grocery shopping etc. just stay indoors. I just need this.

shara

2 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Good Saturday morning (evening) ladies

First let me thank you all for the lovely compliments! I was happy and humbled by your love. In fact I was very emotional and could not write - wrote and erased two or three times and decided to give myself time.
    You have now raised the bar for me and I have live that way to meet it.
    I am a very very ordinary person with limited knowledge and limited skills and limited everything. Honestly I admire each and every one of you here for your talents, discipline, skills and so much more.
    Thanks once again.:bowdown
    Yesterday I had invited some ladies for lunch. Initially ten ladies accepted, but in the morning one by one all gave some reason for not attending and ended up having six ladies.
    It was a good meet.
    I made akkaravadisal, kadalai sundal, tamarind rice, avial, masal dosai, chutney, sambar, curd rice and paruppu vadai.
    For thamboolam I gave haldi-kumkum, an apple and a big peach, a glass bowl with lid, chocolate burfi, sundal, and a one-dollar gold coin.
    Nothing fancy, but I was content.

I have posted the golu pictures in this thread:http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...-share-your-golu-photos-here.html#post2502702

Have a wonderful weekend friends.

With lots of love from a very tired but very happy

K

4 people like this.
  5. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamala Mam,

For your first para, I felt only one thing - Nirai kudam thalumbadhu, thannadakkam.. Vera enna solla?

Good menus. Nice combinations.

Seen your golu pictures. If 5 steps are simple means, what to say for 3 steps ? (I kept only 3 steps till 2009, the snaps were here in IL, but its very hard to search now, as my friend only posted it) now some break in keeping golu..planning to keep in my new house from next year)

Take enough rest.

Dear Shara,

So you are very busy till pooja. Take enough rest after pooja..

Hi to all other friends,

Today visited Manju's house for Golu with my daughter. Her in-laws were there. A Very Friendly Family. My daughter love their family.

We admired her golu arrangment. A Very neat and elaborate golu. Impressed by her way of keeping Kailash. Her daughter displayed about our almost forgotten indoor games like aadu-puli aattam, Dhayakattai etc. We requested her to sing a song, she immediately sung without hesitation with her sweet kiddish voice.

Hope Manju posts her Golu pictures in our forum.

May Goddess Bless Manju and her family members with health , wealth and prosperity for long more years.

1 person likes this.
  6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Latha for your kind words and admiration.

Dear Kamala, I have given my FB of Golu in the thread itself. I second Latha for your first para.

Dear all ILs especially in this thread, Whoever staying in Chennai or visiting Chennai now please drop in. consider this as my special invitation. Send me a PM. Have posted pics in contest thread post no.53.

Not able to update day wise. Keeping pace with rain to invite and visit others.

Today my in-laws (PILs, SIL with her 2 DDs, BIL, co-sis with their DD) visited our house. Most importantly Latharam with her DD visited. Enjoyed today. Made urad dhall bonda, gree gram sweet sundal and banana cake for kids in the evening. Since Latha came before Lunch I was able to provide only juice to them. Anyway felt happy giving them thamboolam.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  7. doors

doors Gold IL'ite

@manju and kamkrish mam

Such lovely golus!! Thanks for the virtual darshan...

manju mam: the kailash and the old games are just super thoughts..hugs to your DD for her sincere efforts.

Kamala mam: you golu is looking very cute and nice and simple .Loved it.

Please share virtual sundals and other feasts too :)

I wish I can just jump into chennai and visit all your houses and visit latha mams parlour too.
    I will definitely make a trip next time i come to chennai from bangalore..

@shara,

Oh saainthadamma song..ok ok...i will listen to the original song now..
    I always sing my own version of it to my son.hehe..

lehengas and gagras for little girls are the cutest.

8. ReenaVinod

ReenaVinod Bronze IL'ite

i was waiting for this topic..time management is necessary

1 person likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

10. Magee

Magee Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends,

H r u all?? I am bit busy with celabrations and preparations :)
    Looking for weekend to complete some of my pending household chores.

This week tried, Ildi Manchurian, Paraanam and Caramel Payasam (all Chitvish Recipe).

Weekend schedule will be Cleaning Fridge and littlebit organising things.

Bye for Now...

1 person likes this.