Anybody with experience with Dr. Latha Venkataram?

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by jrao124, Apr 19, 2009.

1. jrao124

jrao124 New IL'ite

Hi,

I was looking for a good gynaec in the Jayanagar/J P Nagar area. Could someone please let me know their experiences/opinions of Dr. Latha Venkataram? She practices at Rangadore hospital in Chamrajpet and Mayya hospital in Jayanagar.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    JR

2. kira

kira New IL'ite

Please keep away from this doctor. She advised VBAC but was never there through out my delivery, she is too busy in OPDs. Her student/co-consultant Dr Prabha Ramakrishna saw me through my delivery. She was not competent enough to deliver. My full grown baby died at delivery due to mismangement and negligence. They take no precautions or safety measures. Also, woman with no values in life. They are also very good at altering hospital records. God fearing woman that they are they blame all that happens on destiny. Please find someone more committed for the safety of your baby and yourself.

3. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Hi JR,

I read the first reply to your query and hesitated to post my opinion.

After reflecting on it, i decided to answer you... with positive comments... my daughter-in-law and many of her friends and colleagues have consulted with Dr. LV... all of them have had normal deliveries and been very well taken care of. My My 2cents!

I wish you all the best in your pregnancy!

Love,
    Padma

4. emailashwini

emailashwini New IL'ite

Hi ppl,

I have delivered my baby with Latha and I find her to be one of the good Drs. Infact my aunt had a normal delivery at the age of 42!!

Cheers
    Ashwini

5. chappamom

chappamom New IL'ite

Hi

You should know that right now there is a huge debate going on involving this doctor and her handling of one particular case.

You can learn all you need to know here:

The VBAC gone wrong « The Mad Momma

Be sure to read the comments on the post too... they include the hospital's response (Comment #48) and a host of other inputs (one or maybe even two experiences with this doc) that may be useful to you.

While I am sure she has in her long career delivered many babies successfully, I personally would not recommend this doctor to anyone in my family.

6. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

I have got this particular blog material as a forward email too. Not sure how much of this is true, but really shocking. Anyways, ladies please take care.

Regards,
    Hema