Do I have to eat my vegetables raw to attain the full nutritional benefit of the food

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by mahima23, Aug 12, 2015.

1. mahima23

mahima23 New IL'ite

hiii...everyone ..

Can you please reply to this Thread?

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Re: Do I have to eat my vegetables raw to attain the full nutritional benefit of the

Answer is YES. The more we cook the veggies, the nutrients are lost

3. lifeinstyle

lifeinstyle New IL'ite

Re: Do I have to eat my vegetables raw to attain the full nutritional benefit of the

Its not possible to consume raw vegetables, but avoid excess cooking.
    With so much pesticides being used today, even raw vegetables have depleted nutrition values. You can take some supplements to avoid any deficit. You can PM for specific details.

4. Counseling

Counseling Bronze IL'ite

Some veggies like banana stem are difficult to be consumed raw. But it is excellent for the kidneys. So cook and eat. Nothing can be generalized.

5. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Can't eat potatoes, brinjals raw ain't it? Avoid excessive boiling or frying..

6. WorkingWoman

WorkingWoman Gold IL'ite

Yes, that is what I have read. Nutrients are reduced after cooking. I also read that pressure cooker cooks at even higher temperatures so more loss of nutrients. Try to cook without it. e.g. pulses and rice can be soaked in advance and then cooked by boiling in container instead of pressure cooker.

Eat more of the fruits and vegetables, which can be consumed raw instead of trying to eat all types as raw.

7. muthuswathi

muthuswathi Silver IL'ite

Of course, it is good to eat raw veg.
    but, wash them properly and consume.

8. Rith

Rith IL Hall of Fame

you could boil it half and consume...even that is good in case if you dont want to consume raw