Payment for Maid - whats the current rate, please suggest

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by msm, Jul 9, 2015.

1. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Friends, please suggest me how much should I pay my maid. She comes around 6:00 AM, cleans the vessels, cut vegetables for lunch, breakfast (I do simple south indian cooking with one sambar and one veg kootu/sabji, my breakfaast will be idly, dosa, upma only during weekdays, so it will be either chutney or a simple sambar for breakfast too), grate coconut 2/3 times a week. mops/sweeps the floor, once/twice dries clothes/foldsin the evening. I give her a glass of good coffee in the morning. all these are taking around 1.5 to 2 hrs for her.

Evening she cleans the vessels, kitchen counter/mops kitchen floor. if I do chappathi, may be I'll ask her to cut veg for the subji/kuruma, havent asked so far.

She is just there with me for the last two days and so far she is doing a clean job. please tell me how much should I pay her?

We stay in an apt in Bannerghata road

2. VandhenaKrish

VandhenaKrish Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Being at Chennai , we pay our maid 1200 INR for sweeping , washing vessels daily & once in a week mopping .. I feel she deserves at least double of what we give our maid .. However , it ll depend on your personal decision :) lucky you to get a maid who does a clean job .. Tc

3. anupartha

anupartha Gold IL'ite

I stay in Annanagar, Chennai and maids are a bit pricey in this part of the town I think. They make a flat demand like, Rs.500 per job sorta. So if you want to get sweeping mopping and cleaning vessels to be done, say for a house of 1000 to 1500 sq ft area, with 4 adults, (yes that too counts,) you have to pay minimum Rs.1500. I have no idea about the kitchen work. It comes under different category and costs way too high.

4. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

My mom had a maid who cleans, mops dusts cooks breakfast n helps in cutting veggies n makes deal n evening tea n washes clothes in washing machine, some delicate ones by hands once or twice a week n fold the clothes.she is being paid 3000 by my mom.she also eats breakfast n has tea both morning and evening. When some guests go, like me n hubby and my child or my bhabhi then my gives her extra 500 that month.
    I feel like maids are very poorly paid in India so we should give them as per their deserve Labour. In Bangalore when I had maid she took 1000 for mopping , doing dishes n dusting n cleaning bathroom twice a month. When I had enquired abt a Maid for cooking she was asking for 2500. It was in Whitefield area.

5. samhitas

samhitas New IL'ite

Yes Yes, They are charging bit high
    This is the main reason i stopped maid
    Also she asks me to give food, coffee for one everyday and she comes with her child and asks for milk.

6. jssd

jssd Bronze IL'ite

IMO, anything between 2000 - 2500 pm sounds ok for your list of jobs.. just my two pence worth...

7. peaceofmindd

peaceofmindd New IL'ite

my maid she does moppin sweepin, and vessel wasing in the afternoon , she takes extra cooked food, tea, snacks, per month 1000, overall nt statisfied with wat ever she does no other ways i kept her since she s our security gaurds wife stays nearby works also in my landlords house... .. too much lenience they ll sit on her head..., once she asked me to make tea for her husband i was speechless ..and from past 3 months m noticing few spoons and plates are missing, i askd her abt missing vessels she denied ...she became alert nw nt steeling things from then.

8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

We are staying in karnataka, My maid do vessels cleaning, sweeping n mopping, cleans bath room daily. I dont give any extra food or tea.

Till now paid 1200(yes little less)

As someone pointed, yes now a days 500/ per work.