Wedding Shopping in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by psastry, Dec 6, 2007.

1. psastry

psastry New IL'ite

I will be coming to Bangalore in January to shop for my wedding. Can anyone recommend any good shops in Bangalore for saris, lenghas, ghagra cholis, sherwanis and jewelry? I am looking for unique and good quality pieces. I'd like to stay away from the Commercial St shops as they tend to be tourist traps. Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks.

2. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    There are couple of good shops in Commercial street which you can try.I got mine from Dulhan and another one is in the same lane.They have some good collection of Lehengas and Salwar suits.You will get matching Jewellry in the same place.

Bipasha

3. PadmaPA

PadmaPA New IL'ite

There is a very nice shop called Angadi Silks close to Jayanagar 4th block. They are very reasonable, have a great variety in all price ranges and the latest too. Do try that shop. Any auto guy will know the place in Jayanagar.

HTH

4. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Hi PS,

I don't know whether this perticular store is touristy or not but my friend's sister sent a saree for my friend with me when I came back from india last week. This she bought from a store Varasiddhi in bangalore. I loved the saree it was gorgeous. You might want to check it out while in bangalore. Another store she mentioned was Dhanush for trendy outfits.

5. radhavj

radhavj Senior IL'ite

HI
    u cld checkout in ffolio,Ritu Kumar&ofcourse there r designers who do custom amde dresses too!
    radha

6. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    i heard deepam silks in brigade road or commercial street is quite famous for their wedding collections u can also try varsidhi.
    regards
    pavithra

7. kannadakasturi

kannadakasturi New IL'ite

I recommend highly uma vishwanath on 18th cross malleshwaram. she sells from an old house which is used for selling only. her prices are very good and the selection is excellent. make sure you go as soon as she gets new shipment.

deepam has good selection but it is a tourist trap and very pricey.

next to it is vijayalakshmi silks which has a very nice collection
    vittal mallya road has a lot of boutiques where you can go into shock at the prices.
    in leela palace there is a shop called Mogra who has very exclusive sarees and don't break the bank

8. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Chickpet is a sure bet!! The place is a bit crowded, but you can find a plenty of good shops there. I remember just few names, like Murugan silks, kuberan silks etc. You have scope for big bargains there. ..

9. durgees

durgees Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

In Commercial street there are good shops also. Hakoba is having a nice collection of hakoba saris and salwar materials.

There is a shop opposite to one of the gate of LalBagh. I forgot the name of the shop. They have old traditional design silk saris. Also some casual saris are available. They have new varieties also. The price is satisfactory. The shop is being run by ladies.

~Durga

10. radhavj

radhavj Senior IL'ite

kannadakasturi!!!
    can u tell me what her boutique is called in Malleswaram?&is there a telephone numbercos i'm also looking for wedding sarees for a friends daughter
    regards
    radha