1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Sitting or Day Care centre?

Discussion in 'Baby Sitting / Day Care' started by thejasree, Jun 26, 2007.

1. thejasree

thejasree New IL'ite

Hi working mothers!!

Baby Sitting or Day Care centre? Please help me to decide which one i should opt for my 20 month old baby, as i am trying for a full-time job.

Bye

Thej

2. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

Hi,
    It depends on the daycare or baby sitter you get...See which available for you , is best. You have an already familiar or reliable baby sitter? Then opt babysitting...Else registered proven daycares are better....Try out.

bubye
    karthika.

3 people like this.
  3. thejasree

thejasree New IL'ite

Hi Karthika!

Thanks for ur opinion.....i agree with u.
    I too feel proven day care centres r better. There is no familiar baby-sitter near my house.

Bye

Thej

1 person likes this.
  4. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

hi thejashree

in dubai,i prefer a day care centre to a baby sitter....

lov
    sowmi

5. thejasree

thejasree New IL'ite

Thanks Sowmi!

I agree with you. I too feel here, Day care centre is more safe than a baby-sitter.
    Any info about good play-schools/day care centres in Deira. I checked out one in Al Baraha but its a little far from my house.

Bye

Thej

6. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Hi I am in Dubai, and I don't know any day care centres. As far as I know there are only babysitters, and I would advise you not to leave your child there unless you are absolutely sure of the person

I tried babysitters, one used to threaten to put chilli powder in the children's eyes, if they did not listen, she also advised me to lock my child in the cupboard as a form of punishment told me it worked wonders on her own daughter
    Another used to spread newspapers on the floor for the children, they had to sit on them,eat on them and sleep on them, while her own children, used the furniture, i.e. chairs, beds, etc.

Now, I have a maid so my child comes home from school, and is more comfortable.

I am looking for a way to form playgroups for similar aged group children so they can have some fun like back home in India.

7. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I am new to Dubai. I advertised for getting full time maid /baby sitter, but i didnt get proper response, i was not happy, i wanted indian/srilankan. But till date i coldnt get.

Finally yesterday i made my 3 yr old to register in The Nursery Starters near Dubai Hospital in Al Baraha. There were many kids of her age. It is a villa turned into a nursery. She cannot join indian schools because of her age and other ineternational schools are very expensive. An moreover she is not used to getting up so early, so i have put her in the nursery so that she can get used to everything before she starts schooling in April.

Because i relocated from Botswana, i do not trust baby sitters, i know my kid cannot get personal attention. But you can trust the indian ladies who offer baby sitting where you have to drop and pick up. I feel in your case baby sitting is better as your baby is too young. dont you have any relatives who can be with you for 3 months, every three months you have to invite your close relatives like your mom,mil,sil. But this is what i was doing for my daughter when i was in botswana till she turned 1. After that i moved to a place near my office where i could go and check every now nd then. Thanks to my boss who gave me a house near my office and their trustworthy maid so that i can continue working.

8. mrudula13

mrudula13 New IL'ite

Hello Everyone!!!

I am new to Indusladies as well as I will be new to Dubai.....as am coming there with my family in a couple of months. I have a kid of 2 yrs. Are there playgroups where my child can enjoy the way he enjoys here in India??? Whats the quality of play centres / day cares??? HOw much do they charge per month??? What are the other facilities provided to children e.g food, playing atmosphere, teaching poems, alphabets, sleeping arrangements etc.....

Besides this i will be looking for a job in d ubai. I have completed my Masters in Anthropology and have two years experience in the research project. At present am pursuing my ph.d. in India. Will be there any scope for me with the social science background??? in any NGO, Social Work Institute, Social Science Journals, Teaching occupation etc....

Besides these two the primary concern is the place to stay in Dubai. Being an Indian I would like to stay in the area where there are more Indians around. Pls dont get me wrong....but being in the different country it makes all the things different.....Can anyone suggest me the area to stay in Dubai.....our range is minimum 4000 dhms to 6500 dms per month....for 1bhk flat.

Pls do reply to my queries based on ur knowledge....

Awaiting positive replies

Bbye
    Mrudula:)))

9. merlynv

merlynv New IL'ite

Hi,

I am Merlyn. Am new to SHarjah and would like to know if there are any good day care centres here. AM stayin close to Mega MAll.

We relocated from Blore. I was workin thr. I wnat to put my son who is 3.5yrs in a good daycare before I start workin ere.

Could someone suggest a good day care centre preferrably near my are else anywr in Sharjah

Thanks

10. Hema1812

Hema1812 New IL'ite

hi,
    I liove in sharjah and mothering a 1.5 year old daughter. I am very hesitant to leave my baby with any baby sitter but at the same time im wanting to take up some job so need to keep her with some day care.

Could you please suggest any good day care center in sharjah for babies as small as mine? Please help!

Regards,
    Hema.