The birth story of my kids…..

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by shreyashreyas, Mar 5, 2010.

1. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Right from day 1 of my pregnancy, I had many problems….Heavy vomiting. You wont believe that I could not even stand and serve food to others, I used to get severe vomiting. Some days if I start vomiting in the early morning by evening I had to go for drips in the hospital or get injected for vomit to stop. Every third day I had same problem. Seeing this the doctor said that it should be twins. But wanted to confirm after a scan.

She calculated the 45th day and asked me to come for a scan. As the day progressed there was heavy downpour in chennai, all the trees were falling in our neighbourhood. I couldnot go for a scan. After four days, we got a appointment. She asked me to drink lot of water and come. Everytime I drank water I used to vomit. My husband went to the nearby shop and brought a 2 ltr water bottle, and I vomited everything again. The doctor then took me inside after I struggled with water for an hour. I was excited when she confirmed me that I had twins. They were non-identical.

I had to be very careful as I had an abortion only 3 months back. She gave me lot of medicines and I happily came home.

On the 60th day there was a Ganesha homa in my place and I was already vomiting from the morning. As the day progressed, I could not even stand. So my husband took me to the doctor. She gave me injection and we left towards our place. We had hardly crossed few blocks I felt that some thing is not ok. But did not know what. We had almost reached my place when I asked my husband to go back to the doctor. I just said that I feel that I am bleeding take me to the doctor. If in case I am correct then its not good so asked him to hurry. As soon as he started back, the petrol in our vehicle was empty. It was a Sunday evening and we were in residential area with no petrol station. So he hired an auto for me and asked me to go to the clinic meanwhile he will get help from his brother. I was hurrying in the auto, asked the auto person to go fast. I could see the clinic suddenly the auto wheel caught in the mud. ( as it had rained recently). I gave the auto person money and said that I have to go and ran to the doctor (just few meters away).

As I had feared the same had happened I was bleeding. I did not know what to do, the gynac had to shift me to a big hospital she gave me immediate medical help and called for the ambulance. By that time my husband also reached.

I was there in the hospital for 2 days and then came back home. Doctor had advised me full bed rest. So I had to go to my mom’s place. I was given VVIP treatment at home (Bangalore). Nobody from my parent’s side had twins so they were all excited…

Everytime I went to doctor she used to write so many bloodtests for me. At last it was found that I had blood platelet counts very less. It ought to be some 1.5L whereas I usually had it between 25000 to 14000.

So the doctor was worried and she suggested that I should stay in the hospital for few months and deliver the babies. But I did not like that and always said No to that.

When I was 5 months pregnant, I couldnot even walk. I was 5feet and used to be medium built. So my stomach was very big and I could not walk with the weight.

2. shreyashreyas

After some days say 6and half months of pregnancy I could not even sleep. Either of the baby would move so even in nights I was restless. I always used to be hungry. When my mom used to take me for usual checkups, she had to carry lot of fruits or a tiffen with her for my hunger.

As the days progressed, every day was fun for me as I enjoyed everybodys attention towards me.

Doctor had told that my due date will be June 19th so I was not so worried about my pregnancy pains yet. It was still may 19. My husband came down from chennai to meet me (he used to come once in 15 days from chennai to bangalore). We had gone together to give a blood test and a scan of the babies and then he left on 21. Next day was Monday and I had to go to the doctor along with the blood test report.

Next day morning, I was sleeping on the bed taking rest, watching tv and had silly fights with my sister. We were about to go to collect my blood test reports. My mom came and asked me for coffee. I told her that I feel like having semia payasam and my mom prepared it for me. I drank the payasam and felt to urinate. As soon as I came back I felt like urinating again. Each time I went I used to get only few drops. I came and told my mom, she was already very scared. We called the doctor she asked to come at once to her clinic to check. I had a quick bath by that time water was pouring from my stomach wetting my clothes. I was fully nervous thinking what had happened.

My mom and my neighbour aunty couldnot even think of getting an auto. All three of us went to the main road and hired an auto. As we progressed towards the clinic, the auto was fully drenched with the water. I entered the clinic, it was spic and span but water was just pouring as I walked. The doctor examined and told that water bag of one baby is burst. It was my 8th month, as per the last scan (about 3 days back) the head of the first baby was in position but the second was yet to move. There was a complication if the first was born under normal delivery then the second cannot pass with head first and if they pull then we could lose the child. So had to go for C-section.

I was already getting pains. We had to get admitted in a hospital which had NICU as the doctor felt that kids might need that facility. So we rushed to a nearby hospital by the time I got admitted it was 7:30. During all this I forgot to inform this to my husband. My dad was also not in station, so my sister called both and informed. My husband had reached chennai only this morning and he immediately left for bangalore.

I was taken into the operating room. I was very tensed as I had heard doctor saying that we had 50-50 chances. My platelet count was very low in the recent blood test it was 9000. Time was running away. But problem started with me. I started shivering. Soon a psychologist was called and he started talking to me as the operation was to start. Slowly I could come out of the fear. I could not feel anything down as they had injected me. I could hear baby cry around 9:40, and the doctor was laughing. After 2 minutes another baby was taken out. I am still under the confusion if the second baby cried or not…. But that’s not at all a problem. Both my son and daughter were hale and healthy but I had to be in ICU for few hours as I was in shock itseems. When I went to the room and saw my kids sleeping beside me, my eyes was full in tears. My son was so cute and he was sleeping folding his hands. My daughter was like a cute apple inside the pink cloth. I can never forget that moment.

Aah, such lengthy post, I know you all got bored reading this. But I wanted to share with you all…

Hey, I forgot, thanks friends for reading this post till the end.

3. Mallie

Mallie Senior IL'ite

That was a pleasant write up. It was indeed an ordeal..the way you faced so many problem but at the end you got two bundles of joy. Great !

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hello shreyashreyas,
    Wow!!! Very nicely written birth story!!
    Motherhood is a bliss! So your name them as shreya and Shreyas???

5. shreyashreyas

Thank you mallie.

Yes priya mommy, i had selected two set of names for them. Shreya and shreyas
    sharat and shruthi. My MIL selected shreya and shreyas saying that they come in sahasranaamam.

Another thing that i would like to mention here is that as i had mentioned in my post, i had a abortion earlier which i strongly felt is a boy and selected shreyas for that baby. So now i feel that shreyas has come back to me.

6. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

shreya,
    Very well written about your kids birth story...

7. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Sandhya

Good write up. So much you had to go through before your delivery but happy that you got two bundle of joys. Nice names and Shreya and Shreyas. Yes Shreyas has come back to you. God has blessed with two bundle of joys. I wish them a healthy life and they will bring more shreyas to you in the future.

love
    viji

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  8. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

wow thought of having twins make me get n my toes
    its like a suspense story when i was reading your post with my fingers crossed
    inspite of so much trouble you were able to deliver healthy babies
    wonderful
    and they look beautiful in the display

9. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear sandhya,

That is motherhood. Once you see the joy of bundle you forget the agonies you underwent during delivery. In your case the joy is of double dose since you got the twins. Nice names. May god bless them..

ganges

10. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

Not at all. I am feel happy that your pains and discomfort ended in a happy way with 2 beautiful children. What are their ages now?