Experiences with your first pregnancy

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by puni88, Apr 19, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello All,
    Every women might have felt very happy when she found out that she is expecting.
    She might be have wished for boy/girl, pregancy complications etc.

I was on top of the world when I came to know that I am pregnant.
    I just did a test a home and found out.
    I told this news to everyone before I could confirm with doctor.
    THough I wished for girl baby, I had boy baby (which my husband and IL's wished). I really enjoyed my pregancy by wearing all maternity clothes, eating good food, shopping for the baby and more than that everybody were giving special care for me.

It was a beautifu memory.

Please do write about yours.....
    Punitha

2. Revathi

Revathi Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    after a long waiting (5 years)I got pregnant,immediately i was happy about nobody'll ask any questions thereafter regarding babies,after 3, 4monthsonly i really started enjoing my pregnancy.we r blessed with a girl as we wished.:wave

3. puni88

Oh Yeah!
    Even my MIL was expecting me to become pregnant after very first month of marriage. WHen I got my periods they were very sad and they wanted me to stop my collage and job.
    After that we came to US, my MIL used to tackle this issue thru my husband.
    They started to torturing me saying that they will get my husband married to somebody etc (it was not even 6 months of marriage).
    After first year of our marriage I became pregnant.
    Before the news could reach my mom, it reached my MIL's house.
    They all wanted boy. I was very happy that I was not in my MIL's house during pregnancy as she was scolding me and my parents that I was not at all eating rice (as rice is not a filling food, I used to eat ragi, chapathi etc).
    ANyways I had my first delivery thru c-section.
    My mom was with me that time.
    I was very happy to see my son after the birth.
    Its a very long story...

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

hi puni

nice to read ur experience.

I have a doubt..

I have heard that one of the smptoms of pregnancy is frequent urination, abdominal cramps etc.

How long will we have frequent urination..
    how abt the cramps in lower frontabdomen.. is it normal?

5. puni88

Hello Sanravi,
    You will have frequent urination during last trimister. But it is not a problem, you will get over it.
    Not everybody will get abdominal pain. During last trimister you might experience this because of contractions.
    Hope this clears your doubt.

Take care,
    Punitha

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

thanks for you immediate reply

7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Have been reading all those exp shared by fellow ilites, Quite intresting to read how so many of them have diffn feelings and exp.

My exp goes like this:-

I got pregnant within 9 mths of my marriage, my pregnancy came when we had just commited ourselves to buy a small nest of our own in bangalore, So right from day one of my pregnancy we had tensions and thousands o questions in our mind like whether will we be able to manage both the commitments at a same time? I remember spending so many sleepless nights and having night mares thinking abt the grim situation we were facing. Since we had only one earning member (Hubby) and we were two people (me and my mil0Dependable on his earnings and waiting for the third (our bundle of joy ) to come down to
    this world Plus our new commitment of buying a flat .

My husband who is a easy going guy doesn't take tensions and belives in "Everything will work out fine ". Totally opp to my attitude, i think a lot on each and every situation and take lot of tensions as i feel i should be able to do everyting to perfect, There were tiimes when i used to feel i should drop the idea of Buying a flat and be happy ,but then somewhere i wanted my baby to enter this world where he will have a shelter of his own. So we decided to go ahead with all this commitments putting rest to God Grace.
    i remember during my entire pregnancy, my hubby would ask me to visit out flat to check out the contruction activity and i used to travel all along 6-8 kms on a very bad and full of potholes road by Auto every alternate day. i used to walk back to my house so that i need not pay Rs 45 . i used to get very tired as i had to climb all those stairs ,since our flat was on the third floor, I remember all those workers starring at me since i was the only lady who used to come to the site and climbing those uneven stairs filled with cement and bricks etc.
    Meanwhile My mil who is avery possesive and insecure lady was very uncomfortable we buying a house and used to comment and gossip very bad to our relatives . Allthough my pregnancy i remember she never offered me a even a glass of water. She used to humilate me in front of relatives and neighbours. it was a very bad phase for me. i don't remember a single day which would have passed without me shedding tears. My hubby never used to support any of us and i used to feel singled out.

Till 8th month of my pregnancy i used to do the entire work at home and go and visit my flat and supervise the entire work going on there, including the carpentry work , We had given the entire carpentry work on labour since we felt by doing so atleast we could save some money on that which will be useful later. Amongest that was all the rituals which my father asked us to offer for my pregnancy plus the grihapravesham exp of our flat where we were supposed to buy clothes to all those gossip mongers relatives and plus my mil's expense who used to go on tours etc etc. Literally that phase was the most painful period in my life .

After 8completing 8 months ,my parents brought me to mumbai for my delivery.... that was when i got little rest but then suddenly when i was in my ninth month of pregnancy one day i woke up at night to find that i was passing fluid without any control , my parents got scared and took me to a hosiptal , it was 4.45 am and i was so scared since i was totally unaware what was happening and was praying to all god one by one . i was taken inside the labour room and the atmosphere there was so tense with all those nurse running here and there and calling the doctor. then i was told that my water bag was broken and had to induce labour otherwise it will prove fatal for my baby. My parents were so worried coz it was 4 weeks before my due date and they wanted both the baby nad me to be fine. I saw my father crying for the first time in my life and felt so bad.

But with God's grace i delivered a cute Baby Boy by 11.25 am, and was so happy to see my small bundle of joy, but then i got to know that my baby was a premature baby and required lot of special care and attention. I was so scared and was asking myself thousands of question .. How am i going to bring up this baby ? Will i be abe to take care of him.... litearlly i was so depressed that after my pregnancy i never slept properly for a whole year . those thoughts used to keep hondering me time and again Plus my baby being a prem,ature baby used to be sick all thru the year.

Now my son has turned three, my parents and my mil has been advising me to go for a second baby .... but frankly speaking i have lost all my gut feeling and i m not at all ready for the second child... .

Cheers
    vaidehi

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I have written about my pregnancy and delivery experience in a number of threads already and so,I do not want to repeat it here again.But around the 7th month of my pregnancy,I desperately felt like eating Raw plaintain(vazhakkai) curry,the small variety of plaintain which you don't find very often.

I don't know how my FIL came to know about this,but he and his brother went walking downstairs(we were staying on the 5th floor) and luckily on that day,some flat owner was having some function in his house.So,they have tied plaintain trees at the entrance to the building.The plaintain trees had the exact type of plaintain I was longing for.My fil and his brother,very slyly cut the plaintains and brought them home:yes: for me.I must say I was really touched by this gesture.

9. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear vaidhei,
    ur preg story brought tears to my eyes specially the discription of ur father crying .i hope u & ur little one is happy in ur own flat.congrats for both these proud accomplislments.

10. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi friends,

my story is little diff from all others... am really not here to explain what happened to me... i really donot want to get any sympathy from any of the members in this thread....b'cos i have already had enough hm..... i came to know that pregnancy is really a rebirth, during my 5th month ... unexpected things happened to me in matter of few minutes, due to my condition my parents were given US visa without asking them any questions also they gave my father the passport with the visa stamping in his hand imme after the interview....

i started posting in this thread to tell only this, do not forget to tell all your friends who r preganant to recite the karpa rakshambigai slogam (for sugaprasavam) have faith in god, me and my husband were recirting the slogam in the labor ward till that moment i was in a condition that they might take me to the c section ward anytime

but everything changed in few minutes and i gave birth to a girl baby in normal delivery with gods grace me and my baby r still alive ......:-D

i can mail the slogam if anybody wants it....

love
    shree