The little one is here!!

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by PeeVee, Aug 8, 2009.

1. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

I delivered a baby boy on 29th of july..we named him Krishnan and we are both doing great now..

My labour experience was not too bad..my due date was aug 2nd and my doctor decided to do an induction on july 29th as she never alllows her patients to go beyond the due date! i was about 3cm dilated and 70% effaced during the last appointment which was a week before 29th..we went to the hospital by around 7.45 and we were taken to the labour room at 8..my husband and MIL were with me on that day..i had mild contractions going on when they connected me to the monitor..the IV and pitocin started by around 8.45..the nurse told i can drink juice or have anything they have in the kitchen there like jelly, icecream, coffee, etc..i was really hungry that morning as i didnt take any breakfast..so i really started enjoying eating some of those stuffs..had one jelly, once vanila icecream, a coffee:)..going to the bathroom was a messy thing..i had to take the monitor wires on my neck like a garland and had to pull the iv stand with me..then i got to know from the nurse that it is almost impossible for me to walk during the labour as they want to keep the monitor as i am on pitocin..i really hated that idea..anyways, the labour started to progress..doctor came at around 9.45 and checked my cervix..it was about 4cm dialated and well effaced..by around 11.30..i felt the contractions really strong and i vomited everything i ate:bowdown..that made me feel too tired..i got up from the bed and sat on the chair for sometime and i was feeling lot of pressure near the cervix...my second sister called me from india and i talked to her and told i am not able to talk becoz of pain..immediately after that i vomited again and i felt very tired after that..i went back to bed..the nurse checked the cervix around 12.30 and she told i was about 5cm and 100% and she mentioned the contractions are very frequent and was asking me how you are able to smile in between this..she asked me if i need epidural and i said no..from the pain was getting strong and my husband helped a little bit by rubbing on my back..he asked me to try the breathing techniques..but i was not even able to take a deep breath in between the contractions..the nurse came in around at 1.30 and checked and she told its still 5cm..i was really sad to hear that there was no progress in last one hour..she offered me a pain medication which would keep me sleepy and i took that injection..that made me just sleepy but i was able to feel all the pain..so it never helped except i couldnt open my eyes:)..so i started thinking about epidural and told my hsuband to call the nurse..it was around 2pm then and she told the anaesthologist will be in within 15-20 minutes..he came by around 2.20 and i was still sleepy that i didnt even see his face..i could hear him talking and i replied to him and thanked him for placing the epidural:rotfl..only bad thing happend was the nurse never checked my cervix before i took the epidural..just after placing the epidural she checked it and it was 9cm!! i was really sad that i took the epidural in the last moment as i really wanted to go without one if possible..so it was like i went through almost everything and took the epidural for nothing..immedialtely after placing the epidural, baby's heart rate started droping ..the nurse was little panic and called the doctor..the doctor and another nurse came running and they stoped the pitocin..and that caused the contractions to come down..it was all happening around 3pm..my husband was very tensed to see all those and he was keep on saying i shoudlnt have taken the epidural as i had already made it till the end..i was also feeling the same..slowly the heartbeat started to pick up..so that made us feel better..but in between it was droping and coming back..i told my husband not to worry and he was keep praying..i was very confident that i would go with the baby..whatever it is, that epidural slowed down everything and in the mean time doctor attended another labour..i was shivering badly after that and and the nurse told it is not the effect of epidural..many ladies shiver by the end of their labour..the nurse came back and checked me around 5.30 and told me that i am almost ready to push..she went out and the nurse came in..she started arranging the room for the delivery..and by around 6pm..she told my husband to hold one of my leg and she was on the other leg and told me to try to push..the nurse told it may take a little longer as it is my first babyand some people take around 1.5-2hrs and it depends on how i push.. i was just remebering what my eldest sister told..she was telling me, like take the whole strength and do it..for her and my second sister it didnt took that long..and she told definitely i can also do it fast..so i started and pushed with my whole energy..and the nurse told i was doing really amazing that she could see the baby's head..second time she showed it to my husband..before the third contraction, she came with a mirror and i could see my little one's head with lots of hair!! by this time the doctor came and she asked me if i can feel the contractions to push..i said i cannot and they told me whenever the contractions started and for 2nd push after doctor's arrival, she took the vaccum and she couldnt place it properly..on the third push, she could place it well and i felt something coming out and i thougt its only the baby's head..but when i looked down the he is completely out and is in my doctor's hand:thumbsup..it was only 6.21pm..so a total of 20 minutes pushing..they put him on my stomach and the nurse wiped him..i enjoyed looking at him and he was crying..but not very loud..he stoped crying soon..i kissed him on hsi forehead and ofcourse one of the happiest moment in my life..my husband cut the chord..MIL was also very happy to see the little one..she was sitting on one corner very tensed and worried to see me suffering from pain..my little boy weighed around 7lbs 12 oz (3.52kg) on birth and was 19" long..so overall it was a good experience for me..

2. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear new mom,

Hearty congratulations on the arrival of your baby boy Krishna. May the almighty shower him with His choicest blessings such as health, wealth, education and prosperity.

Take care.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Peevee,

Heartiest greetings to you and your family. Very nice to read your words ...nodoubt, it's a unique experience !
    Lots of love to you baby boy and wishes to you too.

Thanks dear for sharing with us... it really gives lots of confidence to me !

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

5. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

PeeVee,

Congrats!!! Thanks a lot for sharing your labor experience. Hope you get well soon. Enjoy Motherhood :)

Gives strength to all us expentant mothers reading these expereinces in so detail :)

Thanks
    Archana :)

6. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Congrats PeeVee ! Very nice to read your positivity filled labor & delivery.
    May God bless your little Krishna with loads of happiness and good health.

Warmly,
    Grace.

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Congrats new mom!!! so nice to read your experiences.
    May God bless you and your little Angel with good health!!!
    Enjoy every moment!!!
    with love
    pad

8. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear PeeVee,

CONGRATS, my dear! I was holding my breath and getting ready to push whenever you did, and at the ned of your narrative, my eyes were wet! :thumbsup

Enjoy your motherhood, the greatest gift of Bhavani Maa!

All my love to baby Krishna, Guruvaoorappa! Blessings for a long happy healthy life...

Take care,

LnBBHs,
    Padma

9. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats PeeVee :party:party

My prayers for you and little krishna

10. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Wow..You are really great ..20 mins of pushing for the first one..Hope you enjoy the motherhood.I also had the shivering and little bit of fever towards the end of dilation(say around 7 or 8 cms of dilation).I too think it is bcoz of the epidural.

But anyway all is well that ends well.