prasava marundu

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Thangakkodam, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Thangakkodam

Thangakkodam New IL'ite

I have bought Jeerakaarishtam, Dasamoolaarishtam and Dhanvanthram Kozhambu for my daughter whose EDD is January middle. All these are in Glass Bottles and not in Pet bottles. Can anybody advise me how to take these three bottles from Chennai to UK? Can I transfer them to Pet bottles? Are these allowed as baggages?

2. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hello aunty,

I m not too sure about the procedures involved in sending these medicines to UK but if you buy these medicines from IMPCOPS branches in chennai you get it in pet bottles.

By the way, could you please tell me the effects of these medicines during pregnancy.

Thank you.

Luv,
    Sangi:)

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Mrs Thangakkodam,

I spoke to the doctor in the local pharmacy of Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Salai to find answers to your question. Apparently, a lot of mothers travelling abroad, ask him this question.

The doctor says that when you take medicines (ayurvedic or allopathic or any) out of country, you cannot keep it in hand baggage since, liquids and gels are not allowed in cabin baggage.( This I have also experienced when travelling on flight abroad).

So, you have to take them in your check in luggage. When check in baggage is screened through X-ray, if they see these bottles/containers, they might ask you to open the suitcase to check them. The doctor said that you should not open any of the seals on these containers. If you put them in pet bottles, it amounts to repackaging which is not allowed for medicines.

Also, you should keep the original bill from the phramacy which will tally with the packed stuff.Only then will they allow 'export', carrying out of the medicines.

I checked both with Kottakkal Arya Vaidyasalai and Dhanwantiri Madom Oushadasalai- both gave identical answers. Since, I am now doing a course on making such medicines at home, I knew the doctor and he answered patiently.

Hope this helps. Just pad the bottles well with bubble wrap, cloth etc and keep in between clothes. Also keep the bill at hand, and I am sure you will be able to carry them safely. Wishing your daughter a safe and effortless delivery, and happy days for you ahead.

regards
    Vidya

PS: Thangakkodam- absolutely endearing userID!! My cousins used to call me that once upon a time---

4. Thangakkodam

Thangakkodam New IL'ite

Dear Sangi,
    Dasamoolaarishtam and Jeerakaarishtam can be taken by all at all times. Each one oz. daily is ok. This is a general tonic like ayurvedic arishtam. Particularly after delivery starting from 7th day or 11th day after delivery, this is usually given to the young mother. The Dhanwanthram kozhambu is for applying to body before taking hot water bath. This will help relieving body pain.
    Since I have already purchased it from Kairali Ayurveda Vaidyasala, I think I can keep these bottles for my own use, and as suggested by you, I will buy 2 bottles from IMPCOPS who are supplying the arishtams in PET bottles. Thank you for your quick reply.
    With love,
    Thangakkodam

5. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your time guidance aunty. I have these arishtams at home and was wondering what to do that. Can it be consumed during pregnancy also? bcoz these ayurveda medicines generates heat in the body, that is what i have heard.

Hope your daughter is doing well. Convey my wishes to her.

Please share.

Luv
    Sangi:thumbsup

6. Thangakkodam

Thangakkodam New IL'ite

Thank you Vidya for your detailed reply. You have analysed all the possibilities. Thank you again. As Sangi said, if I get pet bottles from IMPCOPS, I think it is better to carry them by keeping in check-in baggage. Or otherwise, I will definitely follow your guidance by packing the bottles with bubble pack, cloth wrappings, etc.
    Also, may I request you to reply Sangi, on her doubt about taking these Arishtams during Pregnancy. I am not very clear on this.
    Thanks a lot.

7. SANARUN

SANARUN Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Thangakodam aunty - thank you so much.

Vidhya - could you please guide me about the importance of taking these medicines during pregnancy. Thank you in advance.

Luv,
    Sangi

8. anumanoj

anumanoj New IL'ite

Aunty, dont transfer them as they will spoil very quickly. Ask the manufacturer to give in plastic bottles. It happened to me. Some pharmacies do that...even tablets are available these days for most of these medicines.

9. abivijay

abivijay New IL'ite

can anyone help me friends?i got conceived second time.i am now 4 months.i have skin problem from child hood.it was increased now.so i went to kottakal arya vaidhya sala during pregnancy.doctor told me that there is no side effect.i intake ayurvedic medicine for skin allergy.is this medicine affects pregnancy??

10. hasini08

hasini08 Bronze IL'ite

no usually ayurveda medicines doesnt affect pregnancy, but general medicines I mean. I presume you told the doctor that you are pregnant too. I am in the first trimister and tale ayurveda medicines to control gas and bloating.

1 person likes this.