naming of hindu-muslim baby girl - please pour in suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by RedRuby, Jun 10, 2014.

1. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hallo everyone,

Im pregnant and already got confirmation from doc we are blessed with a baby girl :party As we stay abroad i figured out during the pregnancy that we are supposed to have the name ready at the time of birth.... due date is 28. july. I originally planned to go according nakshatra and follow the traditional route which became highly difficult now...

We are a mixed muslim-hindu family :)

As per my traditions it is ok to give more then one name (some give 3) i was planning to give her one muslim and one hindu name, but NO double name. Her nickname is Riya so far (thats how i call her when i talk to her)

I wud be very much happy if i get some good suggestions here on which name wud fit for muslims and hindus plus is manageble to pronounce in western AND arabic countries... its important too that there wont be weird meaning in hindi or arabic if from other language...ppheeeeewww so many tasks...

I prefer names with meanings like strong, intelligent or beautiful... goddess Durga names are appreciated a lot too.

All suggestions and opinions are very welcomed :) :)

Thanks a ton in advance for every sort of help hugsmiley

Note: please no comments about us knowing the gender, we are in western country where its allowed to get to know and we are very happy to have DD :) we didnt inform relatives yet about gender so i didnt ask them about girls name in specific.

5 people like this.

2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

numerology is not unimportant too but not considerd main factor.... plus im not sure yet if both names will be counted together or its just the first one alone for the number...

here are some i had thought of already:

Saranya: means defender, giving shelter, godess Durga, others translate as protector (or Sharanya)
    Karuna: merciful, compassion, mercy
    Arunika: passionate, bright, life giving, red
    Lalitha: elegant beautiful
    Ariona: bringer of life
    Aruna or Aruni: dawn
    Ananya: matchless, unique, not comparable
    Anjuli: blessing, gift from god
    Sanjana: in harmony
    Soraya: pleiades star (arabic: al-Thurayya), gem, jewel - some say it means princess
    Aishani: goddess Durga
    ...... please judge names and continue list..... please please....and keep in mind will be two names (or max 3 but with just 1 - the first - she will be called by in public)

... was told that names with Shr... are too difficult to pronounce and will end up slaughterd
    For us names are like wishes, so meaning is highly important...counts for both names...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chachi420, no escape :) pour in your views and suggestions :) any nice name you like????

1 person likes this.
  4. hiteshi

hiteshi New IL'ite

Sameera reshmi...

5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Sameera is nice one :) reshmi wont fit with rest of name (family one) but despite that good name too. Do you know the meaning of Sameera?

6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I personally like- Amyra/ Amyrah (Princess). I had picked this out when I was pregnant but we had a baby boy instead.
    My friend (muslim) named her girl Alheena (I think it means 'ring' in Arabic) and I like that name as well. Same with Ipsheeta (Lakshmi), love the sound of this name. Anya, Soumya, Atiya (gift) are few more Arabic/ Muslim/ Hindu names that I like.
    Congratulations!

2 people like this.
  7. hiteshi

hiteshi New IL'ite

Sameera..Godess Durga as well as Lord Hanuman and also early morning breeze in snasrit..... Name Samira in Urdu means a good companion....or entertaning /active friends....U can also name her Pari....And hearty congratulations....
    dear

1 person likes this.
  8. hiteshi

hiteshi New IL'ite

sorry it was in arabic....and in urudu it means a fair lady

1 person likes this.
  9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

thanks for the congratulations :) :) and thanks a lot for the name suggestions :)

Amyra is great :) before i knew its a girl i had a boys list too and actually Amir was on it :D :D but i somehow missed Amyra, so thanks a lot :)
    Alheena sounds beautiful too, will add Anya and Soumya too to the list you think westerners might have difficulties to pronounce those? Any clue what Anya and Soumya mean? Will share all your suggestions with hubby :) thanks a lot again

Edit: googled the names, here is what i found out about the meanings:
    Soumya: obidient, good nature, innocent, calm, serene. others suggest it means goddess durga
    Anya: inexhaustable (unlimited, boundless, persevering, unwavering)
    Alheena: Ring

10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot hiteshi :) i googled Sameera now and got the information it means for muslims early morning fragrance too, seems several meanings for the name, i thought i heard it before from some muslim friend... will add to list and ask hubby what he thinks :) great to know its meaning Goddess Durga as well