When Happiness came in the form of a lil bundle of joy! - My Angel Vidhatri :)

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by bril, Jul 3, 2011.

1. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Here i go with my birthing experience :) Its a very very long post. I have penned it down as and when i got time, sorry for the length of the post! But i dont feel like removing anything from it.. so posting it as it is! :bonk

My Lil Angel Vidhatri was born on 31st of May, Tuesday at 11.11am. It was a forceps assisted vaginal delivery and LO weighed 2.9kgs at birth. I did not take epidural (Not that i dint want to!) and the pushing stage lasted for about an hour... I sometimes wonder if all this is for real :)

Sunday, 29th May : 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant

I should mention about the happenings on sunday though they had little relevance... At about 4pm on sunday afternoon, me and hubby were taking a nap when i suddenly got up and said i want to eat gulab jamun! :D He thought i was kidding and went back to sleep... but i dint stop there..I opened up the fridge to see if there was an instant jamun mix pkt available... Voila! It was there :) and i started making jamuns... My mom who entered the kitchen arnd 5 was surprised to see me making jamuns and said i shouldnt be standing in front of the stove and offered to help me.. I made about 30 jamuns and had some 5 of them in one go :D And then i wanted everyone at home to eat them...so made sure my dad,mom and hubby ate... After this I wanted my in-laws also to eat them! They stay in the same city and so i insisted that DH should take me... but then my mom said that I am not supposed to go back once i came here after the seemantham! But i badly wanted them to eat..so DH took me to our inlaws' neighbor's place and my inlaws came there to see me and i gave them the jamuns! Funny and silly set of events i know.. but i still cant understand why i behaved so crazy! We got back to my mom's place around 8.30pm.

Had dinner and then i felt some uneasiness and went to pee.Then i noticed a small amount of bloody mucous discharge. I dint have any back pain so i dint make any conclusions from it and went to sleep. Just told DH about this and he asked me to wake him up anytime if i felt any pain.

Monday, 30th May :

I turned 39 weeks 5 days pregnant acc to LMP on Monday.Doc had asked me to visit her on Monday afternoon.I was kinda frustrated with all the waiting!DH was working from home for the past 2 weeks and i was feeling bad that LO was not out yet.I told amma this when she asked me not to lose heart and asked me to listen to prahalada charitram . I did and as i was listening to it, i started getting a dull low back pain. But i neglected it thinking it must be bcos of me squatting on a low stool as my doc had suggested.After abt 1.5hrs pain dint go away and i mentioned that to amma. She gave me jeera kashayam and asked me to take a hot water bath. After the bath, i was having my lunch when i first felt a contraction! I was super excited! :) After this i waited for more contractions..and started getting radiating pains from my back which was very irregular and mostly 1 hr apart, but couldnt keep track of it at all . Each contraction lasted only for about 10 seconds.

I looked very tired and i was supposed to meet my doc for a routine visit when she mentioned that i dont look as fresh as usual and wanted me to get admitted after midnight! And she was right, by the time i went to the hospital contractions were close to 20 min apart lasting for abt 10-15 seconds. It was pouring that night when me, DH, mom and dad left for the hospital around 11.30pm and my mom was making fun saying this is like Lord krishna's birth :D

Tuesday, 31st May :

We were alloted a room at 1am in the night.At the hospital, contractions got stronger and started coming arnd 8-10 min apart. Though i could talk through them, after abt 2 hrs i started panting and couldnt talk continuously through the contractions.

I was administered the vaginal gel at 4am and then arnd 6am , it started getting really painful. I couldnt talk much at all. I needed my hubby around me so much and dont even remember what all i did... i do remember sqeezing his hands and shirt really badly and telling my mom that i cant take the pains and hubby kept consoling me saying i can do this.. THIS was surely a motivating thing and kept me strong.

The duty doc came around 6.45am when i told her that i am not able to take the pains and she did an internal exam and told me I am 4 cm dilated but i still need to get really good pain before they shift me to the labor room and that it'll mostly be around afternoon for that to happen.I was so sad to hear that because i felt i had dilated much more.I dunno what went through her mind bcos she came back in another 15 min and asked me to take a hot water bath and have breakfast, and told me that i shall be shifted to the labor room ! !

So i tried eating idli... could hardly eat one and then asked amma to take me to the bathroom for a bath.. Amma gave nice hot water massage for my back and lower abdomen.. I could hardly manage to sit on the stool there.. but i managed to breathe deeply in between the contractions and that helped a lot. Amma kept asking me to do that as she gave a nice massage on my back and contractions started getting closer! Man.. it was so painful and though i dint cry, amma was almost in tears seeing me like that. Amma asked me to keep chanting 'rama namam' throughout and it surely helped me focus my breathing and take the pains.

A nurse then came to shift me to the labour room and as i got up to go, there was a gush of water + blood... Voila, that was my water bag! And the nurse hurried up and got a wheel chair for me as they took me to the labour room. Amma started crying seeing me and DH was really tensed!

In the labor room, my DH was with me and the nurses were continuously monitoring LO's heart beat.DH hadnt had breakfast so i told him to go eat something and he went.As the pains got strong, i started shouting... thats when the nurse there... consoled me and told me to breathe deeply and that i wont have any energy if i shout.. I tried doing that, but it was so hard.At around 8.30 am ,doc came in, checked me and told I am still 4cm dilated and that i will be given epidural around 9.30am.

I remember praying hard to Godess Garbharaskambikai then and started visualising LO coming out. With each contraction, i used to breathe in and breathe out and as i breathed out i swayed my hands downwards visualising LO coming out..I couldnt take the pains and at this point there was a senior nurse who came in and held my hands and asked me to breathe in and out.. and massaged my abdomen. I remember squeezing her hands badly, but she was so calm and kept asking me to relax and kept telling me that i am getting real good pain and that baby will be born soon..To me she was my Godess who came in person to help me.. she really was!

At around 9.30 am i had a lot of sensation to push with every contraction... this was so involuntary and i couldnt control the urge... I told the nurse and she immediately told the doc who came in to check me. She was surprised that i was fully dilated and ready to push! Even i was .. cos i went from 4cm to 10cm in an hour or so! Then arnd 10am i started to push!!! I was all excited and started talking so much to the doc... asked if they can see my LO's head and the doc showed DH LO's head :)

I was really eager to see LO and handled the pushing stage well. I relaxed in between the contractions and pushed with all my might.One must admire nature's way of helping us push the baby out with each contraction but also allow us to relax.. God really cares about both the mother and the baby!

My vaginal muscle was tight and LO couldnt come out even after 45min of pushing. So the doc decided to use forceps, and asked me to push with all my force. DH was standing beside me with one arm behind my shoulder and one arm on my right leg. He was also exerting his force on me during the push.. this was really helpful cos guys have a lot of force! I dunno if i would have taken longer had he not been there..Finally my cute little baby was born at 11.11am! The doc put her on my chest immediately and the first thing she did was open her eyes and look at me. I cant even describe that moment in words.. The first thing she saw in this world was 'me'... As i write this, i am trying to relive that moment.. i dint look at anything else but that beautiful face and the lovely eyes... My DH then told me that it is a girl :) I was so happy!I dint realise anything else.. forgot all the pain.. the doc was stitching me up and the paed took the baby for all the checks.. I was lying there..awestruck that i handled it all myself. It was such an overjoyed moment and DH gave me a big hug.

Dear Ladies, from my experience, i can surely tell u all that labour pains are really painful, but with lots of deep breathing, it is possible to see through them. Women are capable of handling it, which is why god gave us this beautiful job of giving birth.All of you out there expecting, pls practise deep breathing. Pls try to focus on something when you are getting contractions and it is possible to handle them. I did not take epidural and was clearly able to push for LO to come out. Try to keep yourselves as active as possible and practise squatting on a low stool during the last few weeks.

Its been over a month now.. and every tuesday i think of these things as i thank god for all his blessings...

2 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Bril! Vidhatri, what a beautiful name :thumbsup. God bless both of you.
    Beautiful birth story Bril. It certainly assures me that I also can do it. I am so afraid of labor pains but stories like yours put our minds at ease; that with support and breathing exercises, we all can do it :thumbsup. Thanks again for sharing your story.

3. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations Bril

May god bless you and your LO (Vidhatri). Beautiful narration of your delivery experience. Your story will ease all who are all pregnant.

4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Bril. Enjoy motherhood

5. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Hi Bril,
    Congrats dear. :)
    Nice write up about your angel's birth.
    Vidhatri is a lovely name. May God Bless you both.
    Take care.

6. ashakarthik

ashakarthik Silver IL'ite

such a wonderful write up!!!i had tears on my eyes....may god bless u and ur LO!!

asha

7. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Congratulations Bril..
    May god bless you,Vidhatri and your family..
    Lovely writeup..very touching.. i had tears in my eyes and cried for more than 10mins after reading the story..Enjoy motherhood! TC

8. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

hearty congrats bril.i had tears in my eyes and my baby could have felt the same too.It was a real boosting birthing experience for all of us.May God bless you and your family:thumbsup

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Bril.... :)
    Wow... Wonderful write-up... You made us to stand next to you during the labor! Its lengthy Story, but worth reading it.... Thanks for sharing your birthing experience with us...
    GOD bless little Vidhatri!
    Enjoy motherhood!
    Take care of yourself & your LO!

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bril,

Your little angel Vidhatri has not only brought you happiness with her birth, you can be sure she will keep adding to it!:thumbsup This post got nominated to FP of the month, Congrats! :clap

That was a very detailed description of how you approached your labor with positiveness and awareness of every step that brought your daughter into your arms. You have penned it all with love.

Childbirth is no less than a miracle. The most significant of it is that all of us forget the pain and sweat of bearing a child once the child is with us. We are at once ready to go through all that again just to enjoy the pleasure of motherhood. God's creation is amazing.

My love to your Vidhatri.

L, Kamla