This is how our son ANAHAD stepped into this world.

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by newmum, Aug 18, 2010.

1. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

"Motherhood is a wonderful experience" I had heard this so many times but was not aware that how wonderful it is
    in reality.
    The journey began 3 and a half year ago one yr after our marriage when we decided that we should have a baby nowBut we were not aware that our baby is going to make us wait for such a long time. Anyhow we kept trying and
    praying for a baby for almost 3 long yrs. Suddenly one fine day I found the second line and yes I was pregnant. And today I m here with my baby boy by my side penning down his birth story. I am so blessed.

My expected due date was 11<SUP>th</SUP> Aug 2010 but I had intuition from the very beg.that I m gonna deliver before that and that is what happened. My googly baby boy decided to arrive on 28<SUP>th</SUP> of july.
    Here’s his birth story:
    I had my weekly checkup on 24<SUP>th</SUP> of july. The doc did an internal checkup and told me that the baby’s head is not yet engaged which should have already happened before, but anyways we can still wait for that as my dd was far away.On 27<SUP>th</SUP> everything was going as always in routine until lunch. After lunch me and my hubby retired to our room for a nap. After an hour at abt 5:21pm I realized I was having very mild lower back pain but didn’t bother much as it used to occur before also and was quite bearable. So I tried to sleep and relax but then it started coming on and off. After noticing for half an hour I got up and tried walking so that if it was a false pain then it will be relieved, but then the contractions started in between the pains. I was so confused coz the pain and the contractions were not coming simultaneously so I decided to wait before declaring that I was in labor. I was trying to time them and they were sometimes 4 min and sometimes 1 min and sometimes 6 min apart. So it increased my confusion. I mentioned this to my DH but he was surprised and said how it could happen all of a sudden!!! Anyways at 8 pm the contractions
    and pains started to come together and they were 6 mins apart. I called the ER and they told me that I was welcome to the hospital. So I told my DH to pick up the hospital bag and lets bring the baby home .

So we reached the hospital at abt 8:15pm. My doctor did the internal checkup and told that I was 2.5cm dilated so we had to wait till morning. As the pains were too much my doc decided to give me some pain relief for night. The pains reduced when I used to lie on my side but got intense when I lied straight.. Whole night passed like this sleepless and thinking abt whats gonna happen tomorrow. The nurses kept monitoring the baby’s heart rate whole night which was going fine. The duty doctor came at 8 in the morning, did the internal check and guess what she said “No Progress at all”, I was still at 2.5. Then my doc came at 9:30 am and said the same thing and told that Umbilical cord around the baby is not letting the baby move down and dilate the cervix.So she decided to do the C-sec.
    I prepared my mind for it and was taken to the OT at 10 and my lil baby boy was taken out at 10:33,I heard his meek cry and then he cried aloud .The nurse cleaned and brought him to me. He looked to be the most beautiful baby on the earth I’ve ever seen as any mother would feel for her baby right! I kissed him and the nurse took him to the NICU for the basic tests. I felt so complete. The doc asked me how was I feeling after she finished her task and I said that I was feeling hungry. And everyone in the OT started laughing ,me too.

I was brought out of the OT at 11O'clock. And then my husband came to see me.He said nothing just touched my cheek with his hand and smiled and I could see the happiness of becoming father in his eyes. Our wait for the baby was over now.

I am enjoying each and every moment with my lil man. And now I can tell others that “Really motherhood is a WONDERFUL experience”.:)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. Deepasuneel

Deepasuneel New IL'ite

Congratulations on the birth of your new born baby:clap:clap I can feel your happiness as a new mom from your thread. U have expressed the feelings very well. Babies are the most beautiful gifts from God. Enjoy every moment with your little bundle of joy. Wishing you lots of happiness with your baby boy:):)

3. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Maneet
    I was in tears when i read your birth story. such a touching ending. congratulations on the arrival of Anahad. still have to write mine.
    Hansika

4. Indhukarthi

Indhukarthi New IL'ite

Hi

REally it was a very sweet that you hared your feel so nicely...

take care of ur kutti..

my heartly wishes for you and kitti.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Manneet,
    Really good to read your birth announement. Hope you & your LO are doign great now!
    Enjoy motherhood!
    Hope you are not hunger now! :)

6. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Hi congrats to you.A BIG WELCOME TO YOUR BOY.

7. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Congrats on the arrival of your LO. Hope you both are doing good. Enjoy the motherhood.

8. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

Congratulations on the new arrival. Both of you long live with happiness and good health.
    sweet kisses to baby anahad.

9. newmum

newmum Senior IL'ite

Thanks for ur wishes Deepa.U r right babies are the most beautiful gifts from GOD.

Hansika,thanks dear. I am waiting to read ur exp. also.Do share it when u find time.

Yeah Vasumathy I am no more hungry now:rotfl

Indhu, Latha, Sheshin,Rama
    Thanks alot for ur wishes.

10. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Hi Maneet,
    Congratulations on arrival of baby boy.
    Enjoy motherhood. Take care.