My first pregnancy

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by iyerviji, Jul 25, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I know you all must be wondering why I am writing about my first delivery now as it has happened so many years back. I just felt writing the experience I had in my first delivery.

For 3 years I did not conceive and I was so worried. A lady in myoffice was saying since I was very thin I will not conceive, that made me more anxious and worried. Did all the poojas, went to different doctors. Every month used to get worried when I used to get my periods. Get more worried when people ask the question any good news. When my sis in law delivered I being the eldest bhabhi , she told me to put her baby in the cradle for which other women objected saying I have not yet conceived so I cant put the baby in the cradle.

Finally the day came. When I had missed my periods I immediately went to the doctor and took test and doctor said I have conceived. I was so happy. But since I was anemic and very thin doctor advised to take injections once a week for the baby to be there. I was asked not to lift any heavy objects. I never used to lift the cooker also. Luckily my cousin sister was with me and my brother in law, dh's nephew everyone never allowed me to lift anything. Since I was a working girl I had to take extra care, I used to go by train in the second class, somehow I managed. Luckily one of my cousin sister was staying near our office so sometimes I used to go to her place for lunch and take rest and come back. Somehow I managed everything. But when I reached the ninth month some boil was there which became a little big and I could not sit also. I got so worried , luckily it was removed. Before one month for delivery I took leave and was at home.

Whatever I liked to eat I used to eat and later vomit. Though some people said I will not conceive, I was blessed with 3 children having 1 year nine months difference between them. Bringing them up as a working mother was a challenging task for me. During one pregnancy I used to like Amla supari very much and always used to have that, bought a packet and kept with me.

Finally I delivered my cute daughter and everyone was very happy.

Hope I have not bored you all

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
    1 person likes this.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Its great to hear your Birth story Viji madam! :)
    Real boost to those who are in TTC!
    Thanks for sharing it.

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vasumathy

Thank you very much for your first fb. I was just thinking that so many views but no fb. You made my day by your fb.

love
    viji

4. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing about first pregnancy.
    It gives hope.

5. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

its was so nice to read the story of your first pregnancy :)

even i conceived after 4 years of trying.. i can understand how traumatic it must hv been for u.

and yeah, so glad to see that u r also from my city, Mumbai :)

hugs

6. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Your post made me so emotional and brought tears in my eyes.I loved the post,especially the supari.

7. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Mam,

That was a very touching post and it means a lot esp. for those ladies in TTC. Am sure it brings more encouragement to them.

Thanks for sharing your story :thumbsup

RG,

I completely understand how emotional it would have been for you to read this touching post :)

8. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Hi Viji Mom,

Nice post!

Boring?! Never!

No one would be bored to talk about or hear about pregnancy and delivery.

Its like experiencing the wonderful feel once again all over every time we come across a discussion like this! :)

Thanks for the post mam!

And i should really tell that you are really a strong-willed and very patient one to have borne three children and brought them up!

:hatsoff :hatsoff.

9. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

dear maami,

thats not boring at all..,

its a kind of promising story..

Keep writing...

Cheers

Sweet Life.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saktips