1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

choclate flavor for 9 months??

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by charmingpooh, May 10, 2010.

1. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

hi all

DD is refusing to take formula,enfamil.. my pediatrician advised to mix any choclate/strawberry nestle products with enfamil. can we give this to 9 months? i found nesquik in online but not in store. anyone of you giving like this???

cheers
    poornima

2. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I am not sure of giving Nesquik for a 9 month old!! Infact I am hearing this for the first time!!

Did you introduce him to Enfamil just now? If yes, then once babies cross 3-4 months then they won't usually like the taste of formula Have you tried other formulas? Similac, Goodstart etc? And I believe Enfamil is supposed to be the most horrible tasting of all the formulas. Fortunately my DS doesn't complain with Enfamil :)

BTW, you can find Nesquik in Walmart. BUt beware, Nesquik contains added sugars.

3. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I wouldn't recommend adding chocolate/strawberry flavor at such a young age. Like MriduSudha suggested, try switching formula brands to see if that would help. When I started supplementing for my baby he wasn't a big fan of formula but soon learnt to tolerate it. I had to change from Enfamil to Similac and he was ok with that.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Charmingpooh,

I second previous replies from our friends, i even personally feel its too early for kid to flavour the milk.

If you have started just few days back, try for 3-4 days orelse better change the brand and see if she likes that.

Because in my case my daughter didn;t like Similac, i was totally helpless, then as per my sister's suggestion i changed to Enfamil, she got well with that.

Happy Parenting.

5. jollyshilpy

jollyshilpy New IL'ite

Ditto others poornima. If your baby does not like formula on its own, you can try adding it in foods - cereal, cooked purees, puddings

6. charmingpooh

charmingpooh Bronze IL'ite

Many thanks to all.I didnt start nesquik for her.I am thinking to give after one year.As you all said,I will change the brand and try. yes I am mixing with rice cereals yet she doesnt like it. so i stopped fully.

Thanks a lot
    Poornima