1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

food 4 twins and potty training

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by blossom83, Jan 16, 2010.

1. blossom83

blossom83 New IL'ite

hi everyone
    i have twins a boy and girl who are 14 months old now... feeding them is a big issue because i think i give them the same food everyday...can u give me some ideas on how 2 give them food? sometimes they spit out the food if they don't want 2 eat... they like 2 eat oats custard... sometimes eat pancake, french toast, idli dosai they don' like much...they love banana... girl has only 3 teeth now but she likes 2 eat everything apple pear she wants 2 eat but can not because not that much teeth..boy has 4 teeth but he won't eat that much fruits..i would be happy if anyone can provide me with ur kids schedule... i give them 2 times milk at 9 breakfast around 11 they eat fruits or biscuit then lunch at 1 then they drink milk at 5 then dinner at 8
    what else can i give them? they eat cauliflower broccoli beetroot carrot mashed up with rice but since i take care of them all alone i do not know what else 2 give them... also i am trying to potty train them but with no success...if any1 has any tips please help me with that also...they cry and get up immediately as soon as i amke them sit in potty... please help

thanks in advance

2. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

3. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi Blossom

Even I have twins ( one boy and one girl combo ) ,they are 2 and 1/2 yrs old now. I know how much it is difficult to feed them. It was very difficult for me till they were 18 mths old, from then on they started feeding themselves. From then on it got much easier, but there is a difficulty in that too, you cannot force them to have more food, they will eat only how much ever they want. You can also start to give them finger foods, put dosa,idli or chapathi into pieces ( as i used to do that when they were 10 mths itself ) Initially they willl play and not much will go inside, but later they will understand and do better .

I give them ragi porridge as soon as they get up in the morning around 8 am , then one slice of bread and butter around 10.30 am , then lunch ( 1 pm ) mostly dal,rice,vege and curd , fruit milk shake when they get up after nap, then dinner ( which is usually idli,dosa,roti with curd ) Then plain milk at bed time. TIll now also i follow the same routine only.

But there is no set rule that they will eat whatever i give them , atleast my son is ok, my daughter is lot fussy in eating. She will eat only if she likes...If she refuses to eat at any of the times, i would give her banana or pediasure or bread.

Hope this helps.

Sulakshana

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010