1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

20 month old and Vomits food

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by SriVidya75, May 17, 2009.

1. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ladies

I have this problem with my 20months old son. lately past 6 or 7 months I have been observing him , whenever I try to feed him milk or cereal he starts crying saying he doesnt want to eat food and if i forcibly make him eat while he is crying he starts vomiting. not only this, after i feed him and due to some reason if he cries then also first thing he does is vomits the food or whatever is inside his stomach. most of the time it is some what phlegm like substance and food. i tried to consult the doctor here he says it is nothing just that he is throwing tantrums etc. but this vomiting thing keeps upseting me as you know we have to keep cleaning the carpets and the house starts smelling yukky...

can anyone suggest any help or remedy for this:bonk

2. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hi Srividaya (nice name),

Does this happen only when your son consumes something with dairy or any kind of solids? What types of foods do you try to feed him? My dd used to be extermely fussy and picky till all her teeth appeared.

3. SriVidya75

BeeAmma

i agree might be in my sons case also its because of the coming teeth, however whatever food i feed he vomits(either its the cereal with milk or any snack or juice or rice) and one more thing is first he starts crying and he himself initiates vomiting.if i pay more attention he vomits whatever he had in the morning or even few hours before...or else vomits some watery kind of substance.

lately i started not paying attention if he throws such tantrums and just past few days have been ok..but still i keep getting worried because of this fussy thing.

4. newmommy

newmommy Senior IL'ite

Just Curious.I have a 21 month old myself.Why are u feeding cereal and milk for a 21 month old? maybe he does not like the taste??
    They can almost eat anything we eat.Do not force let him ask for food.Make some finger foods and serve milk/water in a sippy/straw cup on the side,let him feed himself.
    I totally understand about the tantrums,we have a lot going here too.I usually give him a choice like banana or cheese for snack.He picks what he wants, sometimes they are just not hungry .So do not force,forcing food while crying will make the kid vomit.

5. SriVidya75

Thank you Priya

I am tired of trying to make him eat something...some of the days once in a while i dont feed him for almost 4 or 5 hours and then he feels hungry...yeah he does like the cereal food thats why I give him that...apart from the other food that eats. i want to initiate making him eat by himself...lets see how it goes....asof now all he does is just playing around with the spoon and food...

6. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

You can use febreeze to clear the odor...it really is effective.

suji

7. SriVidya75

Thanks Suji

I am using all possible cleaners and freshners. however as I said its so messy with that sticky vomit sometimes i am feeling as if i am going to fall sick because after cleaning etc i dont feel like eating my lunch or dinner and its making me feel weak. the carpet in my hall area has different kinds of patches after i cleaned with different cleaners...am planning to get the cleaning done by a professional steamer atelast once to get all the stains go away....but now concentrating on handling this problem with my sons vomiting.

8. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear vidya,

I can understand when you say that you feel sick after cleaning the mess.Initially i used to feel same after cleaning my dd's potty.I was not well and was on strong antibiotics and that added to my woes.

As for cleaning carpet i used one from walmart (shall try to search and get you the name).It was v effective to clean carpets and did not leave any stains at all.It was not expensive too.
    In the case of steam cleaning,even i feel that will be great idea if you plan to move out of the house.But it will work out economical if you hire just the steam vacuum cleaner and you clean by self.It will be v expensive if you hire manual help for that purpose.We are planning to steam clean our house.Shall defenetly let you know the cost and stuff.

Gud luck with everything.

suji

9. SriVidya75