1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diet of my 14 months old baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by kankana, May 12, 2009.

1. kankana

kankana New IL'ite

My daughter Tulika is 14 and 1/2 months old. Her weight is about 9.7 Kgs and her height is 30 inches. I would like to share her diet.
    6:00 AM milk
    10:00 AM Breakfast (upma or 2 slices of bread with 1 banana and 1/2 cup milk)
    1:30 PM Khichdi (Rice, dal and vegetables with 1 egg)
    6:00 PM Apple Khir (Rice with 1 apple and sugar)
    10:30 PM Rice with fish/Palak/Paneer or whatever is cooked for our dinner

She looks quite lean. I want to know whether her diet plan is ok?

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

3. kankana

kankana New IL'ite

Thanks Cheer,
    Actually I have started giving her milk at 4 AM also, while she is sleeping. So in a day she is having 11 to 12 oz of milk. She takes a lot of time(generally 1 hour) to finish her lunch...so generally she finishes her lunch by 2:30 PM. I am thinking to give her juice at 5:00 PM. Will it be ok? Or should I give her something else....pls suggest.

4. camayluxdove

camayluxdove New IL'ite

Hi Kankana
    Yeah milk or juice at around 4-5 pm would be good or maybe a slice of bread or biscuit dipped in milk would also do.

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

dear kankana..
    yes, there is a lot of gap between 2 meals.
    add more fruits and vegetables to her diet..
    what is her birth weight?
    what time does she sleep at night?

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Kankana - dinner is at 10.30 p.m.? I think it is a very unhealthy habit to eat a late dinner even for an adult. When does she go to bed? How long does she sleep in the night? A child that age should sleep between 12 to 14 hours... Assuming she goes to sleep one hour after dinner - you need at least one hour after food - I am wondering if her eating habit will not interfere with her being well rested.
    But other than that, a toddler that age should have three meals and three snacks. So I think she is alright diet-wise.
    The one thing you are forgetting is that she is a tall child- 30'' is a good height for a 14 month old. So she will appear a little long. DS was a little over 8.5 kg at 14 months and our paed was alright with it. Try not to let that worry you. Feed her to appetite and try not to push food, or she may end up with bad eating habits.

7. kankana

kankana New IL'ite

Thanks everybody for your reply. My dauhter's birth weight was 3.2 kgs. She used to sleep properly till her 7th month. After that I dont know what went wrong, she started sleeping very late at night say about 2:30 AM , which is still continuing. Nowadays she sleeps by earliest 1:00 AM, and hence wakes up late. Therefore her whole eating cycle has been delayed. We have tried to wake her up at 9:00 AM and feed her breakfast, but she cant eat properly as she feels very sleepy. Dont know what to do.

8. camayluxdove

camayluxdove New IL'ite

kankana
    Baby sleeping as late as 2.30am:idontgetit: can be quiet unheathly for her as well as you.
    Maybe you should try to cut down or completely cut off her evening naps if she goes on one.
    Engage her in more activites,
    take her out for an evening walk,
    give her a warm bath and lotion her well,
    feed and
    put her to sleep either by putting some light music or u singing something to her.
    Put off the lights by 10pm, so she knows its nite and time to sleep.
    Hope that helps!!!:wave

Cathy

9. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Kankana, does your husband return late from work and does he usually play with the LO right before the bedtime. WE had the issue too when DS was a little over 9 months. His bedtime got pushed to 12 midnight. We had to slowly, painstakingly move it ahead by 15 minutes every day. He finally slept at 7.30 to 8 pm till he was 2 years 3 mos. Not easy, but can be done.

10. rleela

rleela New IL'ite

Hello!!!
    Am new to this forum.
    I will share my 14 month old boy's diet, pls lemme know if thats good to go.
    8Am - Milk about 90 ml, sometimes jus has 70 ml.
    9.30am - dosa/idli/raagi java
    11.30am - 120 ml milk (I usually mix 120 ml, often he leaves about 10 to 20 ml).
    Sleeps for about 2 hrs.
    2pm - dal with veggies like carrot n cabbage or cauliflower + Rice. sometimes he has curd sometimes nope.
    4.30 or 5pm - Bananan mashed in milk, Rusk with milk,or roti soaked in milk, or ragi jaava if he had idli in brkfast.
    he takes a nap at 6pm depends, sometimes with milk n sometimes just like that.
    7.30 or 8pm - dinner, dal with veggies like carrot n cabbage or cauliflower + Rice.
    10.30 or 11 120ml milk.
    On the whole he gets milk of minimum 250 Ml.
    If he sleeps twice in a day, he sleeps late in the night.
    You hv any suggestions???