1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Daily menu for 2 year old baby

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by tuvila, Mar 8, 2009.

1. SukiKumaran

SukiKumaran Senior IL'ite

Hi
    My DD sleeps 10 hrs at night from 10 pm to 8 am and does only one nap b/w 11/2 and 3 hrs. Very rarely she sleeps in the everning for an hour.
    Since it is important to hv earlier sleep and earlier waking when starting schooling, Will implement the earlier sleep routine.
    Thanks All

2. addiyan

addiyan New IL'ite

HI I ALSO HAVE BABAY OF 2 YEARS .HE WAS NOT INTRESTED IN SOLID FOOD I CONSULT 2 HIS dR.HE GAVE ME THIS PLAN BRKFAST -----8.00AM
    MILK----------12PM
    LUNCH---------3PM
    SNAKS/MILK----5PM
    DIN------------8PM SLEEP----------10PM
    HE SAID TAT AT THIS AGE BABY NEEDS JUST 12 TO 16OZ MILK NOT MOR THAN THIS

3. rpm2

rpm2 Senior IL'ite

Tuvila,

I have a 3 yr old and 1.5 yr old kids. From what I know, the quantity you are giving to your daughter is high.

Generally at 2 the kid is supposed to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks. From your menu plan, your kid is getting about 5 meals. The kid's metabolism is working on overtime :)

Ragi kanji is a meal in itself. It is generally given as a meal and not a snack (depends on the size). What is the size of the banana? If it is medium sized, then 1 banana should be more than enough.

If you want you can give her:

8 am - 2 idli or breakfast
    10 am - milk
    12.30 - lunch
    4 pm - snack (banana/fruit or ragi)
    7 pm - dinner

GL!

1 person likes this.
  4. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Hi Suki Kumaran,
    Your problem is exactly the same as mine. My 2 year old DS hates milk in any form, and he refuses to take it using sipper/straw or glasses. The only option is to give him using a spoon. In the recent times, I tried giving him icecream milkshake (not very cold though) through a sipper and he drank it at once..Though i cant give him icecream milkshake everyday fearing he might catch cold, we can try something like this to get them trained drinking liquids. Hopefully, the problem should solve as they grow up.

5. ramyasrini

ramyasrini New IL'ite

hi shobhana ..u can try giving gheers with more milk in it .. like carrot , badam , moong dal payasam ... like that the thing is add more milk to it .. have a try. my son like those stuffsl with milk..

Ramya

6. balarajesh

balarajesh Senior IL'ite

I'm Bala my son is 2 yrs old now n is very fussy too.he will not have milk r curd while he is awake so I used to give him while he sleeps ...he eats idly r dosa in the morning at 9 and milk if he sleeps at 12:30 and rice with pulses ghee carrot n potato or rice with spinach for noon at 2 pm and at 4:30 or 5 kanji n 8 or 9 dosa or chapathi ..he refuses to eat fruits not even banana pls help