1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food Chart for a one year baby !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by lopapadhi, Feb 5, 2009.

1. lopapadhi

lopapadhi New IL'ite

Admin Note: Please have a look at our posts Interesting and Simple Finger Foods for Babies and Healthy Eating For Toddlers (1- 3 years) for more tips and suggestions.

Hi,

My Daughter is at 14th months. She doesn't show interest in any food. I really struggle to get her feed. Morning I give her NAN at 8AM. Then she won't eat any thing till 12/1 PM. forcible feeding ends up with vomiting. In Lunch I give her a mixed Palao (Rice,dal,vegetables).. which she takes 1 hour to finish. that to a small bowl. at 3/4PM she takes NAN again, and in dinner at 8/9 PM Cerelac/ Smashed Roti with milk.

She is under weight. Now 9KG only , at 14th month of age.
    My doctor won't tell in details what all to give her. Really I am confused what food and at what intervals She should eat , so that she will have a good physique. I want to see my baby chubby chubby :) :) :). Now she is lean.

Any one PLEASE advice.
    ----

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I hope you can get more ideas in this thread. This link given by Tikka might also be useful to you:

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/baby-kids-foods/46588-toddler-menu-planner.html

From my experience kids do go through this kind of phase... i'll anything and don't bring food near me.. instead of you running after her to take food bring her to eat food along with you and your husband. This will help in the long run too. This is also the right time to encourage her to eat by herself... there'll be loads of mess but ignore it. Also involve her in cooking... whatever she's capable of, even if it means fetching a spoon for you. Atleast my son gets motivated by this trick:hide:. Have you tried in between eats like fruits, cheese etc.,?

(I just picked up my son from KG and my mind isn't working very well)

I am sure other moms will come here with great tips for you...

Latha

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

Why dont u change the regular diet that u give her. try to give her varieties. I mean if u give pulao one day, next day give something else.

Encourage her by cheering her while she is eating..

As Latha says eat along and give foods in between,that might help to improve weight,instead of sticking to timely foods..

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hi, just wanted to pitch in another idea. A chubby, chubby child may look very picaresque, but comes with a risk of childhood obesity, Type 1.5 diabetes and weight issues as she is growing up. Frankly 9 kg is a perfect weight for a 14 month old. Mine was still 8 kg and boys are supposed to be marginally heavier.
    Once infants start getting mobile, they will stretch out a little becoming leaner and longer. That's perfectly normal. Active toddlers will tend to become taller than plumper. If your child is not fussy and is active and growing well, then YOU ARE providing her with good nutrition. Try not to worry so much.
    Respect your child's desire to eat and her signs of fullness and you'll be teaching her how to eat healthy all her life. Pushing a child to finish something till she vomits (like my family did with me) will result in your child having major body image, food-related issues like anorexia (like I did).
    Sorry,I dont mean to lecture or scare you; but this is a tetchy subject for me given all the problems I'd to get oner and others I am still trying... I've been having major issues with pre-diabetes and poorly controlled sugar levels from my late 20s even though I eat quite healthy now.

1 person likes this.
  5. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

hi..
    you might see at least one post from every mom with kids between 1-2 years complaining of food-related issues. this isn't new. dont worry. like krithika said, the weight seems to be normal as long as your paed finds it fine compared to the birth weight of the child.

these are some tips that worked with my kid -
    1) like sanravi said, i never knew my kid was after varieties until i struggled, and struggled and finally found my kid has her taste buds changing week. OMG.. i used to struggle a lot before to find what was wrong with her hating a food that she used to love before.
    2) quantity doesn't matter. so offer her variety of 'good-looking' food. you need to first find whether she is one who likes bland food or spicy (to a tolerable level) food. getting to know her taste makes it easy for you to find what kind of 'look' on the food item will impress her. ex., my kid likes a plate full of cups with different food items - 2 veggies, little rice (no rice these days), a cup of curd, a paapad. she would only taste little of all of them at the end of it.. but something is better than none.
    3) At around 2, i was still feeding my LO with mashed food (not completely though), but later i found she was ready for coarse food items, which she liked better. you might want to try them slowly on ur LO based on how much she can take.
    4) Also request others in the family to try feeding her. you will find a great difference. monitor what she eats to find the pattern. whenever you go near her for feeding, she shdn't think "ok.. here she is with her cup and spoon.. lets start our trick again". dont make yourself appear to her as a person who keeps struggling to feed her all the time.
    5) Start finger foods for her and increase the time between her feeds in lesser quantity. you can offer her some food which she can try eating by herself (like Latha suggested) inbetween her breakfast and lunch (the time gap seems to be quite huge).
    6) Try more fluids like soup, juices, butter milk, and other items like smoothies. Watch out for choking here, as my memory doesn't work well with what a 14 month old is capable of handling.
    7) Again, if there is a day where she goes starving, just dont bother. keep offering her whatever you can and relax. there is nothing you can do about it. the more you pressurize, the more stubborn she would turn. good luck !

6. SukiKumaran

SukiKumaran Senior IL'ite

My daughter is 15 months and 1 week old. I was in Germany by her 10th month. She was not well there. I returned to India hoping to get her cured, but it is getting worse. Now she is not interested on her food. Her sleeping too is disturbed bcos of the cold.. Consulted 3 doctors but of no use for her. Took home medicines too. she is 9 kgs now. The doctor told she is underweight but not telling what foods to gv her. I usually get only a minute rarely a couple of minutes with the doctor and where is the time for advice

Morning she will take milk at 8 A.M, Idli,dosa or chapati at 10 a.m, rice(moongdal,rasam) at 1-2 p.m, milk 6p.m and dinner 9pm.No eggs, veggies, fruits. Rarely apples

She will not take any finger food. If at all she gets one she will gv it to me. She will not drink from a sippy cup. i need to spoon feed her.

No BM from 12 months. She doesnt want to be fed.

Please help me. I want her to hv healthy food.

Thanks in advance

7. raroopa123

raroopa123 New IL'ite

My daughter is 12 months old now and 8.7 kgs. I dont think we really have to worry too much on the weight, unless they are really underweight(like more than 2 Kg less than normal weight).
    I give cerelac to my daughter in the morning 6 AM
    Breakfast(everything we cook, Upma, avalakki, pilao etc) with little Ghee and Milk.
    She will have Rice+Dal at 12
    Fruit(Apple/Musambi/Banana) at 3PM
    And Rice+Dal at 4 PM again...all in less quantity..
    my Advice...try verities..make them feel thei appetite(wait till thy feel hungry dont force)...and hope...

8. piriya

piriya New IL'ite

Thanks for the above tips, I have the same problems. My son is 12 months old, his weight 7.7 kg only, I give morning 8 am cerlac, after 1 pm he is eating little paulo, in between he drink milk. He got poor eating habit, does not like to eat. I could not give much solid food because he does not get tooth yet. I try many floavour serials, but he refuse to eat. any more suggestion?

9. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Dear Mommies,

I have also gone through the same. A fussy one year old who simply refuses to eat. I got a lot of advice from elders then. Some worked and some did not. And when it did not I concocted my own recipes to put the food down the little one's throat. I decided to write them down for all of you. Have a read at this feature.

IndusLadies - 6 Lunch and Dinner Ideas for Your One Year Old

Do share your thoughts and let me know if you liked them.