1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Low fat milk for 3.5yrs kid

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by shvap_786, Sep 21, 2008.

1. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI frnds...

MY daughter is 3.5yrs... we used to have low fat milk only... my daughter also drinks that ... she tasted with us one day and then continues... now she dont like the taste of full fat milk... can i continue low fat milk ir it's must to give full fat milk for growing kids...

she likes curd ... that also she takes low fat only... i'm worried and confused...

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Vahee - The recommendation now is that even kids as young as 1 can be given low-fat milk if there is a family history of obesity/heart diease etc. Certainly after 2 yrs it is up to the parent - full-fat is not essential. So I think if she takes only low-fat milk/curd let her be. try to make sure her fat requirement is met in other ways - add ghee to some foods. include nuts, cheese, egg yolk in her diet.

Vanathi.

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI vanathi..

thnk u ..(for diet conscious we are using low fat items.....)

one more doubt bread also she likes brown bread instead of white bread... can i continue brown bread itself...

i used to give ghee, nuts and egg yolk.. never tried cheese... but she takes butter... i'll make sure she gets required fat thru these items...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Vahee,

I understand you are non-vegetarian. So I guess giving low-fat milk/yogurt is not an issue. And it's much healthier to have brown bread (constipation problem and all that). Don't worry about that as well.

Latha

5. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi vahee,

After i came to US, the paed here recommended 2% fat milk for both my kids as they are good eaters and the doc felt they are getting enough nutrients thru diet they do not need whole milk. My 2.5yrs old daughter also eats brown bread and takes low fat milk. Nothing wrong in that.

vani

6. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

THx latha... sometimes i get worried y diet foods for her...... thnx for ur clarifications...

7. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI vani..

thnx for ur information...... just worried whtr she is getting proper nutrients thru diet or not... after seeing all ur replies.. i'll will be away from these worries

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Vahee - Totally agree with Latha and Vani - brown bread is better for us - so its great that she likes it.

V.