1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeding Omelete to 1 year old .

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by coolcat, Sep 15, 2008.

1. coolcat

coolcat New IL'ite

my son is around 13 months . Yesterday tried feeding him omelete .but i found that just omelete was too dry and difficult for him to eat . he took 1 hour to just finish that .

Do you have any suggestion as to how to feed him omelete ...i think i need something with that ..,,,but what ???

2. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi ,
    I have given boiled egg till he was around 18 months..Later started on omlette..Boiled egg is easily digestible on little tummy.You can give white of boiled egg..yolk mixed with milk and spoon fed..or plain if he is comfortable.
    I have no idea on feeding omlette to a 1-year old.Hope other mommies can help you.

3. Grace3

Grace3 Silver IL'ite

Hi Coolcat,

To get softer omelettes, add 1 or 2 Tbsp. of water while beating the egg. Then add your seasoning & make the omelettes with a little butter, on med. flame, covered with a lid on top. Once one side is done, flip over & off the gas. In the remaining heat itself, it will get cooked. Cooking on high heat and not adding water while beating the egg, gives drier texture in omelette.

Try out this tips and watch your little one gobble up the soft soft omlette.....:thumbsup

4. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Well Ira I dont know how to make a more liquid omlette but I find that scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese are a lot easier for my son (13 mnths) to eat. He is able to pick up the pieces and so eat "all by himself" which helps. I also give boiled egg mixed with dal rice and eggg custard. French toast however was not a hit - maybe your son will like that.

Vanathi.

5. coolcat

coolcat New IL'ite

Thanks a lot Supriya, Grace3 and Vanathi for your suggestion.

And a special thanks toVanathi for remembering my name. It feels great when somebody remembers you with your name .

Do you people have any idea as to what I can give with an omelete so that it becomes a complete meal..??

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Toast slices - maybe cut into shapes? Cheese slices/cubes? Mashed potatoes? Add veggies to the omlette itself - that makes it very filling.
    Thanks for the thanks - I love it when people remember my name myself!

Vanathi.

7. Priya0425

Priya0425 New IL'ite

Hi folks

To continue this thread on eggs, I would like your advice pls. I want to start my 13 mnth old on boiled eggs. For how many minutes should I boil the egg. Does it have to be hard boiled. Can I also give the full egg or start with the yolk.

Pls advise

Thanks
    Priya

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Priya- After 1 year you can give the whole egg (provided your child hasnt shown any allergies so far). I boil the egg for 8-10 mins so that it is fully cooked. It is best to give fully cooked eggs (in any from) as uncooked bits may contain bacteria (esp salmonella) which cause infections.

Vanathi.

9. Priya0425

Priya0425 New IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi

I intend trying out the boiled egg today. Hope he likes it.

Priya