1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

21 Months old not eating properly

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by brindhaaa, Feb 6, 2016.

1. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi

My 21 month son not eating properly for the past 3/4 months ... He likes to have brown rice kanji, milk . Loves banana a lot .. Other than that very picky ..

He used to have idly , dosa, Dhal rice , Curd rice with veggies now when i give him these rice he takes 3 to 4 mouths then ask for veggies , that too 3 or 4 mouths then keeps refusing ... If i offer him kanji or chappathi he eats ..

Milk i used to give him Cows milk and Lactogen 4 for one night feeding ..Then i stopped Lactogen 4 since he had digestion problem , switched to Similac ISOMIL . For the past two months giving that ..

Intially thought since he is teething refusing foods . He has four upper and four lower teeth .. Now day by day its stressing me .. Planning to take him to pediatrician but thought of taking an opinion before that .

He is very much active otherwise ..

2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

Try some totally new food which he did eat earlier , like pasta , lightly roasted veggies like Alu or any other Vegetable that he can pick and eat , boiled black keyed peas etc .

i guess they get bored with same kind of food hence refuse . My younger refuses to dal rice now after eating it daily for months , so switch and then get dal rice back after some time . Include other foods too and increase interval between food intake , child may feel hungry and more likely to take food.

3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP

My LO is of about same age. I get same attitude from her ever since she turned 1. One day she likes banana, I bring bananas thinking she loves but then she won't even look at those. One day she ate yogurt raisins, I brought full pack and she does not look at those. She did not like daliya and One day i cooked as I had no option, she ate it.

Toddlers are like that, very stressful for parents though.