1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diet for 5 month old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by katochsimi, Mar 27, 2015.

1. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

My daughter would be soon turning 5months. her birth weight was 4.2 kgs. till four months i just feeded BM and after that i joined office. So then she was given morning nad evening BM and rest of the day NAN (Formula).
    she doing fine but now as her height n diet increasing and me not taking proper meal so BM not suffecient.
    What do u guys feel..should i start with Dal and rice water......or cerelac (actually i fed cerelac to my elder one and heard that it decreased immune system..which i personally felt true) so need your expert advice.
    Please guide me what and when and how much should i start with. till now she is doing fine and i really dont want to do anything bad just by experimenting, as like i did with elder one. all by just experimenting this and that elder one lost good weight during childhood which she never recovered faintingsmiley
    . i also give her fennel syrup 2-3 drops daily.

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If she is taking formula well, you can continue the same until she turns 6 months old. It is best to start solids after baby turns 6 months old.

Dal water does not have enough calories compared to formula or BM. So do not replace a feed with dal water.

I am not a fan of cerelac as it has high sugar content. Sugar tends to decrease immunity. Homemade rice cereal is good to start with. If you want to follow baby led weaning then steamed vegetables are good starter solids.

2 people like this.
  3. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

thank you madam for your kind reply. i was really worring why m not getting reply:drowning
    regarding cerelac i too experienced that with my elder one...
    i will try home made and will need to find out recipe as im not aware..n wil continue with formula

thanks a ton maam

4. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame