1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 scoops of cerelac is enough?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ADAP, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Hi,
    My DS is going to complete 10 months next week..
    Am giving Raagi seri in morning as breakfast, aftetnoon and night 3 scoops of cerelac. Evening some milk with 1 marie biscuit. My question is, is. 3 scoops of cerelac is enough? I have tried rice and mashed vegetables and broken wheat pordige, he refuse to eat. Don't know what to do? Please help

2. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@ADAP:
    Have you tried a blender for a smoother consistency of rice and mashed vegetables? If the rice you feed your DS has a consistency similar to cerelac, he might like it. Else if he can eat mashed rice and vegetables, try and increase the carrots in his meal for sweetness. You can also add few drops of ghee - in case he will be ok with it.

I am not sure about the number of scoops of cerelac. Depending on your DS's level of hunger and intake of food you can experiment and figure this out.

3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@ADAP, there is no standard measurement for the food intake. Go by what your son finishes. If he is finishing 3 scoops easily, make it 3.5 and see if he is able to eat that.
    I agree with @Sparkle. He is not able to accept the texture of the rice. have you tried cooked carrot puree? Start with veggies that are sweet, hopefully he will start eating soon.

1 person likes this.
  4. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

Thanku Rakhii and sparkle. in the beginning I have tried blending method, I used to grind rice and boiled vegetables. He loves to eat that. My SIL told that you shouldn't grind the rice it will cause constipation. So I stopped that. I will continue with blending method..

1 person likes this.
  5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

@ADAP

You have to get it to the texture he is used to! So, right now if he is not already constipating, dont worry about the constipation !

Whenever I started a new food with my son, I would make both the items in different cups (cerelac and rice) -
    start the first spoon with the one that he is used to (cerelac in your case)!
    When you take the next spoon of cerelac, just touch the tip with the rice! He'll make a face but eat it!
    The next spoon - half cerelac, half rice with rice in front of the spoon and cerelac on the back!
    This time he will protest, but the cerelac will touch his palate and he might finish it
    The next spoon better be ONLY cerelac - otherwise he will resist eating. If he totally resists, stop giving the rice, and then finish off with cerelac.

Go slowly - start with just some taste of rice! And slowly move it upto 1 spoon, then 2 and then more!

6. ADAP

ADAP New IL'ite

hrastro thanku.. Nice idea...

7. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

@ADAP:
    The preference of food and the reaction differs across children. But if its homemade and used with a very clean blender, there will be no issues I guess.

If your DS still doesn't like to eat this way, you can try the next version of cerelac (consult with your pediatrician though). Cerelac stage 3 i guess has a mixed veg and dal variety. The texture will be different across different stages. Hope this helps.