1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diet for 7 yr old!!!

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by chocogal26, Feb 24, 2015.

1. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

My elder sister's daughter age is 7 yrs...we are north indian...i live in UK but she lives in India itself...her daughter goes to yr 1...she is fussy eater. My sister always worried for her daughter....her daughter is very active but doesn't eat properly.

Her birth weight was 3.2 kg...

now 7 yr old weight should be around 23 kg she is only 17kg very thin.

would you pls help her what should she try to increase her weight??

thanks everyone...

2. chocogal26

65 views but no reply

3. Kungumam

Kungumam Gold IL'ite

First start giving the girl her favorite vegetable again and again. I think she will like potatoes definitely. Give her potato made in different ways potato fry, alloo dum, aloo mutter like that for 1 week. She will start coming to the table with intrest. Then we can give wieght gaining foods like Chana , beans etc. sathu maavu kanji will be good .

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I think the first step would be to take her for a complete physical checkup and see if she is lacking anything. Once you know that there is nothing medically wrong, then proceed with giving her a variety of food rich in nutrients. Healthy weight gain is the key here. Don’t give her junk food just to get her to put on weight.

Make sure to include servings of Fruit, veggies, meat, dairy and dry fruits. Concentrate and make sure that she gets wholesome food.
    Start giving her multi vitamins. Get her enrolled into swimming or some sport that will boost her energy and increase her metabolism. Don’t worry, she will be OK.

2 people like this.
  5. chocogal26

Thanks Kunguman!!!

6. chocogal26

Thanks for your valuable advice rakhi!!!
    you mean to say blood test and urine test n all...
    my sister don't give her junk food..she gives junk only in friday's tiffin...
    do you suggest multivitamin for her??

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yes, ask the doctors to do a complete medical check up. They know which tests to write. As i said, try to include all the food groups.

1 person likes this.
  8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

At 7, she would totally be capable of understanding about nutrition. Get her some books which talk about nutrition. (Eg. Good Enough to Eat: A Kid's Guide to Food and Nutrition:Amazon.co.uk:Books ) Send her websites with information about what vitamins and minerals are found in which food and how they are important for development.

Next her entire family should commit to not nagging her to eat. Or excessively pay attention to what and how she is eating. Making mealtimes pleasant will go a long way in helping her develop a healthy attitude towards food. There are loads of websites which give tips on how parents can tackle this. Please refer your sister and her husband to those sites. The changes will have to be embraced by the entire family.

1 person likes this.
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Kids are often thin after a growth spurt (getting taller). Also, does the child have some stresses that the parents need to take care of? Kids may not eat properly if they are stressed.

1 person likes this.
  10. chocogal26

dear tashidelek....She is not in stress...She is just not interested in eating.