1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My 2 years 9 months kid not eating well

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by radssravs, Nov 28, 2014.

1. radssravs

radssravs New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

My daughter will not eat solids much. She likes all tiffins like idli, dosa, upma. She will eat plain cooked rice. She will eat all types of friuts, snacks alot. for every one hour or so she want something to eat. If I give idli at the time of breakfast she will eat 5 idlis without any noise. But at lunch time she wont eat anything. If we ask her to eat she will eat only white rice. She will more liked to eat raw vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, okra, tindora, karela, cabbage, beans, potato etc.. If I offer with cooked vegetables she wont touch it with rice. If I offer any juice, snack she will completed them with in seconds. Her wait is only 25 lbs from last 8 months. Her sleep is also not good. She will sleep at 11 or 12 and now a days it is good as we saw her sleeping at 2 also. She will get up eariler. As I read here that most kids sleep from 10pm to 8am. And at night she will get leg pains. As I am having 3 months old baby I cannot spend much more time with my older one to do the best. Now from last one week I am trying to do best for her. AS she will will be so cranky when we wont give anything which she want. For everything she will cry alot. So I am talking to her very slowly to cool down her. So how can I get my kid into proper schedule.Thanks for my story.

Sravani

2. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

how about sandwiches, chapati roll ups, pureed soups? stop the juices and empty snacks. some good cheese on crackers, paneer cubes, tofu and avocado, nuts and dried foods are good snacks. i know with a baby it is difficult to manage a fussy eater. make a nice bedtime routine, either your or your husband can read some stories, sing some lullaby's, give her a favorite stuffed toy or blanket and tuck her in.
    leg pains can be growing pains, make sure her calcium intake is adequate. a glass of plain milk before brushing at night is a good sleepy time habit. all the best.

3. radssravs

radssravs New IL'ite

Thanku Coolwinds for ur valuable suggestions. I stopped giving her juice from her 2 year old doctor visit. As doctor said. If I offer cereal Honey bunch oats with almonds. She will take out the almonds out from it and say it as trash. As we are saying it is a good one to eat.I will try the panner cubes, tofu etc.

4. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

She seems to be eating quite well. Maybe add some more protein (cheese/paneer, tofu, beans). Try smoothies (berries/fruit, nuts, curd etc) now and then.

She is probably very jealous on the "intruder", ie the baby. Try to give her now and then mommytime without the baby.

5. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

try making some proper oatmeal, mixing in a touch of honey, add some powered almonds. she might like it!

6. radssravs

radssravs New IL'ite

Sure I will make it

7. Sweety789

Sweety789 Silver IL'ite

She likes idli,upma & dosa den for a change sometimes ,i mean dinner time u can give her alu paratha/plain paratha. just 4 change as my DS like it in dinner time. U can make dry fruits laddo and store in a container & can give as snacks dat way she can eat almonds & other dry fruits.

8. deenamathew

deenamathew New IL'ite

Better to give the oats meal. Even i had the similar kind of problem but however i had manage my kid the have rice. I use boil the vegetables and grind the boiled vegetables and give along with the rice.