1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

baby weight gain receipies ..not opening mouth

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by favjazz, Sep 16, 2014.

1. favjazz

favjazz New IL'ite

my baby is 9 months old ... he is underweigt6 months after stared solids..he is not s opening mouth ..tried all types of feedingt.only he is eating bananaa ...

tips to feed new healthy recipes

2. pickles

pickles Bronze IL'ite

Does she eat on her own anything? Like banana piece or roti?

by 9 mts you can stop pureeing. For me sometimes she would not open mouth fr spoon but when i fed with hands she would eat so try that..

3. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is he teething? He might be accepting bananas because of soft texture.

has he ever had anything other than banana?

4. vanillla

vanillla Silver IL'ite

If you have started giving him water, give one spoon water and next spoon solids, or play some rhymes.

5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I gave this receipe as a starter solid food around 7 months age of my son. The texture is easy to swallow. My son likes it very much. I gave this for 2-3 months , instead of cerelac. .

dry roast 1/2 cup moong dal
    dry roast 1 cup rice
    make a coarse power in mixie like ravva
    take 1 table spoon of this power and mix with little water , keep aside
    now boil 1 cup water, add the power which you kept aside,stir it.
    let it boil, add pinch of salt and tea spoon ghee, let it boil more, till it becomes ver soft and gets like poridge .

You out try it once, and give when baby is hungry. Start 1 time per day. Prepare fresh, and feed warm, if gets cold it won't be nice.

Then I started idli, pongal parallelly, rice and dal and sabzi mashed after couple of months only I gave.

I don't give biscuits to my son, it does no good in my opinion, after they get used to sweet taste and dislike veggies.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  6. Priyaranga

Priyaranga New IL'ite

Hi Friend,

You can even give Ragii poridge too...
    you will get Ragii flour in the Super market ready made. take half glass of water and one table spoon of ragii flour, mix it well and boil it still it become thick poridge make note that the colour will change to a dark brown colour. add required sugar,pinch salt and ghee half small teaspoon. feed warm so that it will give superb taste to your kid. Always prefer the boiled water for your baby which is always safe and secure.

you can give this poridge in Day time alone... upto 18 months we can continue this...

7. Me1

Me1 Silver IL'ite

Very true.. In order to give him apple I boiled a slice of it with his khichdi and gave him. He is now accustomed to sweet taste does not like the salty ones.

Need to come back to salt again. any good receipes. LO is 10 months old. How many meals should I give. I am a FTM and working mother.